View Poll Results: Is Reasonable Doubt the best hiphop album ever?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

2 2.86%
  • no, but it's up there

33 47.14%
  • no, and it's nowhere near the radius of the greatest albums

35 50.00%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasonable Doubt = Best Hiphop Album Ever

i think the album is a VERY boring listen. no track is fun, though many are exceptionally good and its too polished for my taste.

also, its gimmicky as fuck.

the whole mob thing here is a gimmick and i think it cornified the gambino era.
    The worst part is that skit with the black bastard talking in a fake cuban voice.
    shit was horrible and embarassing.

it turned the whole gambino thing from a symbolic representation of real live events (cuban linx) to fat black men pretending to be italian (Reasonable doubt and beyond)

and this legacy gave NY the seeds that would grow to become the cornball capital of rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chungsanity View Post
    whats this suppose to mean? damn right I created it, and Ive listened to pretty much all the classics you could name and RD came out on top.
    What it means is that you're the only one here who would say it. I wasn't wrong.

I would like to hear you comment on the extemely large catalog of him "paying tribute" by either jacking the lyrics or jacking the rhythm of songs and changing the words slightly.

Do you feel that is the epitome of art?

Support the Real. Click HERE

i think that album is a classic. def. better than cuban linx cuz jay z is a better rapper (at that time) and the production was better.

this album is the sperm of cuban linx.
    on top of that cuban linx is better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
    The worst part is that skit with the black bastard talking in a fake cuban voice.

LOL

The irony about that guy is his name is "Pain in da ass" which he certainly is.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

how the hell isnt RD consistent enough when track 1 to 8 are pure FLAMES. CANT KNOCK THE HUSTLE TO CAN I LIVE. then we go to track 9, which is aint no nigga. you could say shit about that, but even still jay rips it and a young foxy brown in her prime comes correct. from track 10 to 14, we got friend or foe to regrets, which goes smoothly all the way through.
    meanwhile doe or die has average joints like ho happy jackie and I feel for you, which I definitely skip at times.

did you even listen to the album?

Im curious if most of yall even listened to RD thoroughly, instead of a few tracks here and there.
    there all good songs 1-8, but not all of them are great, most tracks on ob4cl are better than those songs. and im not saying that because im on a wu forum either.

also, 10-14 are good, but sometimes listening to this whole album as a whole gets tiresome. i dont know wy its just my experience with it. i still love the album but it is by no means the best. that list of classics bonerfarm or whatever listed are all better than RD, so is The Low End Theory, enta da stage, and IMO runaway slave, an album which you probably havnt even listened to lol

and ive had RD since i was in 9th grade, so i have listened to the album hundreds of times to answer your question

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
    i think the album is a VERY boring listen. no track is fun, though many are exceptionally good and its too polished for my taste.

also, its gimmicky as fuck.

the whole mob thing here is a gimmick and i think it cornified the gambino era.

it turned the whole gambino thing from a symbolic representation of real live events (cuban linx) to fat black men pretending to be italian (Reasonable doubt and beyond)

and this legacy gave NY the seeds that would grow to become the cornball capital of rap.

this is obviously a shock post. very well done.

i think that album is a classic. def. better than cuban linx cuz jay z is a better rapper (at that time) and the production was better.
    you're one of a few in this thread who has common sense. jigga is obviously the better rapper than chef and starks and the production was better. obfcl had some really average to shitty beats such as knuckleheads, knowledge god, can it all be so simple remix, spot rusherz and a few others.

OBFCL inspired RD but that doesnt mean its better. rakim inspired nas, but illmatic is way better than paid in full - its the same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
    hahahahaha

but cuban linx didn't invent that mafia shit. and theres no way cuban linx is better

this is obviously a shock post. very well done.

you're one of a few in this thread who has common sense. jigga is obviously the better rapper than chef and starks and the production was better. obfcl had some really average to shitty beats such as knuckleheads, knowledge god, can it all be so simple remix, spot rusherz and a few others.

OBFCL inspired RD but that doesnt mean its better. rakim inspired nas, but illmatic was 10x better than paid in full - its the same shit.
    KNOWLEDGE GOD a shitty beat?!?!?!?!?! get the fuck outta here

seriously, leave

now

theres a reason why I have 2 options in the poll in favor of no. if I was a stan, then this thread would be pointless. Im just tryin to see who's with me on RD

yeah the CL beats wasn't that good. ive started to like them now, but it took a long ass time to like the album.

can i live>cuban linx

Quote Originally Posted by sdeblasi View Post
    KNOWLEDGE GOD a shitty beat?!?!?!?!?! get the fuck outta here

seriously, leave

now

you think a pitched up violin sample is some dope shit? lmao.

Im just tellin it how it is. some of the beats on CL are bland as fuck, and thats the truth. the whole album is still a classic though.
    Last edited by Chungsanity; 03-24-2009 at 11:44 PM.

cuban linx is a flat out better album.

Jay is a better rapper, and the production is more polished (no way near better), after all it was a year later, but its a better album.

The album is only built for cuban linx. If you don't understand the above statement then

cuban linx is also commendable for its inventiveness and the ingenious was it illustrated a real live struggle at the current time in a giant metaphor.

it also follows a story that illustrates, quite entertainingly, Good people can do bad things if their situation bends them, but in the end they're still people.

cuban linx came with a culture (it even has it's own hair cut), its a fucking treasure chest of innovation laced together by a dominate moral conflict, story climax, character complexity, and fucking jewish blowy shirts.

Reasonable Doubt is a superior album with superior lyrics and superior beats.

cuban linx is still better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
    yeah the CL beats wasn't that good. ive started to like them now, but it took a long ass time to like the album.

can i live>cuban linx
    THERE YOU FUCKING GO. the sampling for can I live is insane, a classic isaac hayes track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lda2v5399BA

you can get bent to this all day