12. My Life
    13. Stick Up
    14. My Hood
    15. Follow the Dollar
    16. You See Me!!!
    17. Addicted

heres a review i did on amazon.com
    _______

Anybody looking for a war report sequal (like CNN have been claiming this will be) are gona be dissapointed. Don't even expect this to be as hot as the reunion. Anybody that has followed the great CNN, know they were supposed to drop an album for def jam called "New Religion", but that didnt happen. And now, its been almost 9 years since their last album, so, i think 9 years is enough time to create a classic or near classic, but 'channel ten' isnt either. While its a good album, i think both capone and noreaga are well past their prime, and its sad to say cause i been a huge fan since they dropped vintage, revolutionary classics like 'bloody money' and 'TONY' that actually changed the rap game and influenced other rappers style, now they simple follow everybody elses formula and even rap on southern style beats. Still, it definitely has a few gems worth checkin.

Anyway, here are my ratings;

into - N/A. Good intro though, gets you hyped.

united we stand - 5/5 This is an amazing song, hypes you up. Probably my fav track

rotate - 3/5 meh, not a bad club track, but compare this single to the ones they had for their first two group albums

talk to me big time 3/5 - lame hook, beat sounds too southern for CNN, but isnt too bad

bring it here - 3/5. Mean beat, lyrics are getting abit repetitive now

Grand royal - 4/5. I was a lil dissapointed with this, but still nice. Premo coulda made something better i think, beat sounds like something left off a gangstarr album

The argument - 4.5/5 one of my fav tracks. mad concept and beat

mirror - 3.5/5 Noreaga is staring to get annoying with his dragged out flow now (especially on the hook), but beat is cool and capone is good on this.

Wobble - 4/5 mad collab with tha mobb!! this beat actually sounds like something off the war report. I think Havoc has the best verse, but P brings it pretty nice too

channel 10 - 1.5/5 ok the hook and singing by Noreaga is SO bad here...it gave me a head ache. He needs to stop trying to be something he's not. beat is stupid...bad song, especially since its the title track

beef - 2.5/5 singing is ok, sounds very common though. beat sounds too commercial, and not in the good "in da club" way.

my life - 3/5 nore again sounds annoying on the hook. Beat is sweet, verses are good by both members

stick up - 3.5/5 good back and forth on the phone about a stick up. Sounds like something they woulda done back in 96'. Beat is catchy, coulda been grimier though to suit the topic

my hood - 2.5/5 boring track, some people might like it though. features tha dogg pound, uncle murda and the clipse

follow the dollar - 3.5/5 i was disappointed with this beat by alchemist. Its good, but its no "Bang-Bang". it gets boring pretty quickly, but the boys rhyme pretty good on it and make the most outa it.

you see me!!! - 4/5 good track with a hot beat, but the second part of the hook is annoying...nore annoying! deep content and rhyming

Addicted - 4.5/5 mad closer to a mediocre album. Content is pretty much about lifes addictions. good typical piano loop beat.

In conclusion...it isnt a bad album. In times of the recession, i think theres more important things to spend your money on...but if you wana hear how the next saga in the CNN story unfolds, then go get it.
    I think Noreaga and Capone are just no longer in that "War report" mentality and never will be again...which in reality is a good thing cause we know they were going through some serious s*** back then, but musically, it's bad, because we will probably never get another classic or near classic outa these rappers again.

overall rating i give this album a 6.5/10

best tracks are;
    united we stand
    addicted
    wobble
    the argument
    stick up
    Last edited by claaa7; 06-06-2009 at 07:42 AM.
    "Me and every other sane hip hop fan and critic knows that pac has no classics."
    - TAURO DA GRIM LATIN

^
    yes,true retard.

nice, gonna give it a spin later.. CNN hasn't been the CNN i loved for "The War Report" since '98 (NORE's first album had some songs in that vein, e.g. "Riker's Island" which always sounded a bit as "LA LA Part II" to me). The Reunion had it's moments but i would give it a 6/10 too, i went to see CNN live not long ago but it was mad dissapointing - they only played two joints from "The War Report".

The nr.1 reason they fell off - TRAGEDY KHADAFI.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Suga Duga

the rotate beat is sickness, I thought its gonna be on the new clipse album

You can tell they lost their chemistry, and worked harder on what would sell, then their lyrics and hooks. Big dissapointment

Top 5: Grand Royal, The Argument, Wobble, Follow The Dollar, Addicted

Grade: (2/5) C-

Its a real dope album. You have to know that its a lot different to their first 2 joints in themes and musical styles. Its easy for me to accept cos their first 2 albums were 3 years apart and this is 9 years from the last one. I mean this is the REAL 'Reunion'. For the most part they seem to have mellowed lyrically and musically which isn't a bad thing, they're just moving with their age. The beats are all dope although 'You See Me' is a lame duck and CNN drop some of their best rhymes. The best song is 'Grand Royal' though and its difficult for me to comprehend anyone being dissapointed by it, its about the hardest song of all time. I was expecting some more high energy beats like 'United' and 'Rotate' cos their previous albums had more of those types of tracks but I still give it 8.5/10.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Its a real dope album. You have to know that its a lot different to their first 2 joints in themes and musical styles. Its easy for me to accept cos their first 2 albums were 3 years apart and this is 9 years from the last one. I mean this is the REAL 'Reunion'. For the most part they seem to have mellowed lyrically and musically which isn't a bad thing, they're just moving with their age. The beats are all dope although 'You See Me' is a lame duck and CNN drop some of their best rhymes. The best song is 'Grand Royal' though and its difficult for me to comprehend anyone being dissapointed by it, its about the hardest song of all time. I was expecting some more high energy beats like 'United' and 'Rotate' cos their previous albums had more of those types of tracks but I still give it 8.5/10.
    if you give that trash 8.5 then your on their street promo team or your either capone or noreaga in disguise.
    "Me and every other sane hip hop fan and critic knows that pac has no classics."
    - TAURO DA GRIM LATIN

^
    yes,true retard.

Quote Originally Posted by sarr View Post
    if you give that trash 8.5 then your on their street promo team or your either capone or noreaga in disguise.
    If I was on their street team I'd have given it 10. And who needs a disguise on the internet? What What What What!

To each his own, I like it.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

i was waitin for that, and was soooooooo disappointed, the only joints i like are:
    grand royal
    wobble

thats it, the rest is horrible imo

The Angel of MUSIC OddioPellMell's Avatar

havent heard the whole cd yet But THE ARGUMENT is deadly simply vid with a funny ass intro. and GOD damn NORE's geetin large HAHAH
    www.myspace.com/oddiopm

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifXPx1MCafY/[YOUTUBE]

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

i really liked this album. CNN make really good music together, the NORE solo shit is garbage, and the Capone mixtape was only decent. but together, these two make SOLID hip hop albums.