29 19.86%
  • mediocre

14 9.59%
  • wack

2 1.37%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RZA - Birth Of A Prince

Default Re: RZA - Birth Of A Prince

crappy skits, crappy lyrics and bubble gum beats adorn this album.

dope joints:

the grunge(shit lyrics though)
    fast cars(crappy lyrics and hook)
    you dont know
    the whistle(crappy hook)
    koto chotan
    a day to god
    the birth

decent songs:

bobi n i
    chi kung
    cherry range

CRAP:

we pop
    grits
    the drop off
    drink smoke fuck
    see the joy
    wherever i go

5/10
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36
    crappy skits, crappy lyrics and bubble gum beats adorn this album.

dope joints:

the grunge(shit lyrics though)
    fast cars(crappy lyrics and hook)
    you dont know
    the whistle(crappy hook)
    koto chotan
    a day to god
    the birth

decent songs:

bobi n i
    chi kung
    cherry range

CRAP:

we pop
    grits
    the drop off
    drink smoke fuck
    see the joy
    wherever i go

5/10
    I agree with you except for Grits and See The Joy. Why didn't like those songs?

Bob N I ---- 8/10 ----nice intro
    The Grunge --- 9/10 ----love this song, MAMI LOOKED LIKE SHE WAS ANGIE MARTINEZ , then the beat change
    We Pop --- 4/10---- blech (hoodrat 7/10)
    Grits --- 9/10 --- love it
    Fast Cars --- 9/10---- Banger, ghost kills it, beat is nasty, singalong hook
    Chi Kung --- 8.5/10--- Everything is nice about the song but the hook
    Youll Never Know --- 9/10 nice joint (i love you like the pharoe loved joseph, the jews loved moses, like a man down on one knee when he proposes :O)
    Drink Smoke and Fuck --- 5/10 ... beat is alright
    The Whistle --- 7/10--- beat is nice
    Drop Off --- 4/10 --- song is garbage
    Wherever I Go --- 8/10 --- i like this one for some reason beat is hard and knights are OK
    Koto Chotan --- 6/10--- beat is shitty but RZA is decent on it
    A Day to God --- 9/10 --- Very Tight
    Cherry Range --- 6/10 -- terrible beat
    The Birth --- 10/10 --- shit gives me chills
    See The Joy --- 9/10 --- Good finish

Overall 7/10

what is going on here, people who said this was weak are on point but i can't believe how many people said it was a hot album, not to mention those who rated it as their best rza album.

it is far from good, in fact it is for certain the worst wu album i have. some alright tracks but it is mostly weak:

Bob n I-6/10- annoying, overly bassy beat with some bullshit "N" coming every beat. has a replay value of about 1/10. RZA aint bad lyrically on this but the beat is just too bad.

The Grunge-6/10- another annoying beat, was ok then first time i heard it but RZA is just sort of slurring words and talking shit.

We Pop-4/10-What was RZA thinking-this beat sounds like it came out of a jakwon album or some shit, i dont know what the objective with this one was but it just doesnt fit with RZA's style.

Grits-7/10- Not an all together bad track, liked it the first time i heard it. but again the beat isnt great, pretty much ruins the whole song in the end. also a really weak song to listen to more then once

Fast Cars-5/10-Much like we pop, just soo far out of left field. since when does RZA do this. RZA is average on the mic but it isnt as if it wouldnt have really mattered.

Chi Kung-6/10- Not such a bad track, the beat is relaxed and sounds recent, RZA really lets it down with the rhymes-just kind of meaningless shit. no replay value.

You'll Never Know-8/10-Best song on the album, decent beat some decent verses. overall a pretty solid joint.

Drink, Smoke and Fuck-5/10-same shit as we pop and fast cars-just basic gangster shit which RZA doesnt do so well, the beat could have been alot better and the hook "all we wanna do is drink, smoke and fuck" sounds almost fake.

Thw Whistle-8/10- Finally something on the album that sounds like real RZA style. the beat is hot and RZA is decent on the mic. i guess some people may say the beat is annoying but it sounds good, shame about the hook.

The Drop-6/10- Not such a bad beat but a serious collection of poor verses which drag this song into the doldrums. what is going on with the fake gangsta hooks, just doesnt sounds right.

Wherever I go-6/10- Beat is ok but pretty annoying and average, verses are nothing special.

Koto Gotan-7/10- Dig the beat on this, sounds cool with the drums and the instrument in the back. verses aint great.

A Day To God IS 1000 Years-6/10-average beat, verse is average. nothing standout, just sort of a nothing track.

Cherry Range-5/10- this beat made is so cheesey. RZA is lazy on the mic.

The Birth-5/10-RZA's lyrics aint bad but the flow aint shit, the beat is weak.

See The Joy-5/10-fark, all these dick riders saying how this is some conceptual master piece, track is weak. rza is soo lazy on it, the beat is slow and annoying. if you wont the exact same song but 10 times better get NaS-fetus off lost tapes. he does a great job, rza is way off.

overall the album is a few good in bits and weak in bits. just average. beats are genarally poor and RZA is not on point with rhymes. i very over rated album which should be more critically looked at.
    Last edited by rainbow; 11-21-2006 at 09:03 AM.

Son of the Egyptian Blood

I really enjoyed this release, I think all three RZA releases were great. He gives the most unique packages of all the generals.

Veteran Member

This album was so hyped up on this site when it first came out. You guys were comparing it to Supreme Clientle LOL. I wasn't impressed with a lot of the beats and RZA could've picked better guests. It's not bad but not the followup to the classic Digital Bullet that I had hoped for.

GENERAL WISE

Lyrics: 65%
    Production: 85%

overall 7.5/10

PRODIGAL SUN

gd album but cudnt call it a classic , i loved the beat on fast cars

Wu Vatican

I personally love this album. It doesnt have a Wu sound, but there are awesome beats on this album. The Grunge is sick, Grits is a tight track, Chi Kung, The Whistle, and You'll Never Know are great tracks to vibe to. Then, the album gets serious. Koto Chotan has a sick beat. A Day to God is 1,000 Years is basically one of the best songs of any wu member. The Birth and See The Joy are solid as well. Sorry to all the Wu fans that only like Cuban Linx, Ironman, Tical, Liquid Swords and 36 Chambers.

7.5/10

1 Bob N'I - 2/10
    2 The Grunge - 6/10
    3 We Pop / Hood Rats ft. Ol' Dirty Bastard, Division & Madam Scheez - 7/10
    4 Grits ft. Masta Killa - 5/10
    5 Fast Cars ft. Ghostface Killah 4/10
    6 Chi Kung ft. Beretta 9, Cilvaringz & Featherz 8/10
    7 You'll Never Know ft. Cilvaringz -7.5/10
    8 Drink, Smoke & Fuck -9/10
    9 The Whistle ft. Prodigal Sunn & Masta Killa 7.5/10
    10 Drop Off ft. Division - 9.2/10
    11 Wherever I go ft. Division 7.2/10
    12 Koto Chotan ft. Masta Killa & Madam Scheez 8/10
    13 A Day To God is a 1000 Years - 8.5/10
    14 Cherry Range ft. Beretta 9 - 7.8/10
    15 The Birth - 8/10
    16 See The Joy - 7.8/10

overal: 8.5/10

fuckin wank first 5 tracks after that it was immense!

I don't know what I think about this album. I love Chi Kung. I like RZA in we pop. This album is definetely not horrible, but there's something about it I can't put my finger on.

i liked this album, wasnt his greatest but still dope

id give it a 3.5/5
    Wu-Tang Clan Aint Nuthing Ta Fuck Wit

I think the second half of the album is very strong. There are some VERY weak parts on the first have, like the first track, parts of we pop, and drink smoke and fuck. The concept for see the joy is not all that great, but the beat is great. Along with Chi Kung, Koto Chotan is awesome. the best track is day to god is 1,000 years, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zayus
    This album disappointed me. It lacked the replayability of RZA's earlier albums, but when I first heard it I LOVED it. These days I still listen to about half the joints regularly, but RZA's production was at times uninspired and I think he should have taken more time to make this album.. and less outside producers. Like it or not, RZA is defined by his production. I don't want guys trying to sound like RZA or how experimental they sound, because in the end they can't really complement RZA like he can himself.
    Yeah, i loved it originally when it first dropped but i honestly haven't listened to it in like 2-3 years now. I have to pop in alot of the later Wu albums again and give them another listen because i've grown on so many levels since alot of albums came out. Eventhough this isn't even that old my musical tastes and knowledge have took different turns so i gotta re-listen to this now and than leave my thoughts but at first i loved it.
    "There’s not too many jewels being dropped these days. Everyone wants to shake their ass. I call the club the devil’s box. Hip-hop is at an all-time low. It’s sad. It’s going nowhere but down. We’re living out the last days, the last two pages of the bible." - Ghostface Killah (REAL TALK)

WU-TANG, HIPHOP'S LAST HOPE!?!?!?

I's a 7,5/10 album. I'm going to shock you and say that Cherry Range is the best song on here. I love this beat! other dope songs: A Day To God Is 1000 Years, Koto Chotan, Fast Cars, The Birth, Grits & Chi Kung.