• average

29 19.86%
  • mediocre

14 9.59%
  • wack

2 1.37%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RZA - Birth Of A Prince

I was pissed off when I bought this, Bobby Digital albums are much better.

PRODIGAL SUN

Smh at everybody calling Division nobodies. They have been all over Wu Tang releases and stuff. This cd is kind of eh at first listen but it's nice especially the second half. Cherry Range beat is far from wack in my opinion. That Chotan beat is crazy that MK verse love it.

PRODIGAL SUN

Smh at everybody calling Division nobodies. They have been all over Wu Tang releases and stuff. This cd is kind of eh at first listen but it's nice especially the second half. Cherry Range beat is far from wack in my opinion. That Chotan beat is crazy that MK verse love it.

this album took me a while to really start to feel but its a banga..no doubt

Personally i like the chase beat even though some of the lyrics are ainus.

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by Literate Type Asshole View Post
    wackness

1 Bob N'I ---------- 7/10 - alright, i guess. at least rza doesnt sound like a retard
    2 The Grunge --------3/10 - reminds of "the chase". which is not good. rza sounds like a retard. would have made a good instrumental
    3 We Pop ------------0/10 - horrific
    4 Grits ft. Masta Killa ---------7/10 - rhymes aren't great from either but a nice song
    5 Fast Cars ft. Ghostface Killah---------5/10 - beat is repetitive and lumbering. rza sounds like a retard. even ghost cant save it
    6 Chi Kung ---------------5/10 nice beat. horrible hook. rza sounds like a retard. guest appearance (cilvaringz?) is boring. would have made a good instrumental
    7 You'll Never Know ft. Cilvaringz----------4/10 by-the-numbers rza beat. weak cilvaringz verse. rza sounds like a retard. would have made a good instrumental
    8 Drink, Smoke & Fuck -----------------3/10 - horrible "in stereo" style beat. rza sounds like a retard
    9 The Whistle ft. Prodigal Sunn & Masta Killa-----------6/10 nice beat. horrible hook. rza sounds like a retard. shouldve just made this a prodigal & masta joint
    10 Drop Off ft. Division ---------------- 3/10 - weak beat. rza sounds like a retard. wackalicious guest appearance from some no-name dudes
    11 Wherever I go ft. Division -----------4/10 - boring beat. rza actually doesn't sound that retarded here but there is a wackalicious guest appearance from some no-name dudes (one of whom really needs to give jay-z his style back)
    12 Koto Chotan ft. Masta Killa--------------6/10 - beat is a bit clumsy but i guess it works. rza only sounds mildly retarded here at least. masta is real nice, but whoever that chick is is really horrible
    13 A Day To God is a 1000 Years --------5/10 mindless muddled rambling. shoudlnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as sunshower. beat is ok.
    14 Cherry Range ft. Beretta 9--------2/10 beat sounds like a digitized fart. wack hook. rza sounds like a retard. beretta 9 is as boring as ever
    15 The Birth------- 6/10 very nice beat but rza still sounds kinda retarded even if his lyrics are good here at least
    16 See The Joy -----3/10 a very half-assed concept song with a boring beat. rza sounds like a retard
    All I see over and over is "RZA sounds like a retard." FOR THE WHOLE ALBUM? God damn, maybe this isn't your style then LOL. I guess I don't really know what kinda treasure you were looking for out of this album but I thought this shit had a nice Wu sound to it.

Love this cd first time i noticed bronze (A Day To God is a 1000 Years) havent look back sence. plus grits is that shit

"Mother is the name of GOD on the lips and hearts of all children" - The Crow

"lyrics you cant even figure yet, i came here to smoke a donut and eat a cigeratte" - warcloud

probably give this a 7.5/10

A day to god... & The birth are classics but the album is lacking in the first half
    "What is the meanin' of crime? is it Criminals Robbin Innocent Muthafuckaz Everytime?"

A good RZA album with the last 5 songs of the album at the top of my preferences.
    As everything in the world is but a sham,
    Death is the only sincerity.

Veteran Member

lol i know exactly what that guy who said RZA sounds retarded is talking about. it just sounds funny when he tries to be serious, like in The Birth or A Day to God is 1,000 Years. Especially after Gravediggaz, and all his crazy verses he's had in the past. This album is incredibly wack to me. Grits is good, maybe a few others but it's still a coaster.

The Real Tony Starks starkeylove's Avatar

best parts of the album
    1) opening freestyle
    2) Ghost on Fast cars
    3) RZA & MK on Grits
    STARKS AKA IRONMAN!

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

3/5, average album.

Some great beats, a fair few that don't grab me.

Almost took another half a star off for the abysmal appearance by Division. Words fail me...

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Avery confused album by a very confused Rza. Kudos on the concept of bridging his dark side with his intelligence but he doesn't really pull it off. Too many discrepencies for me to be able to take it seriously.

2.5/5
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Aside from a track or two the beginning of the album was really average/bad/what am I listening to(aside from Bob N' I, Grits and Chi Kung.)

The second half of the album was amazing tho(Wherever I go, Koto Chotan, A Day To God, Cherry Range, The Birth, See The Joy)

FRESH FISH

who is singing "Feeling Good" at the begining of the album?? great version of the Nina Simone classic that i am familiar with. who did rakeem sample? or did he just have someone new come in and sing it?
    "karma hits like justice but without the satisfaction" - HADEZ the human torch

"I don’t live in that world. And it’s not that I don’t live in the present, it’s just that I don’t fuck with that part of the present state of Hip Hop. Dudes started doing this thing for money instead of the love of Hip Hop, and I don’t fuck with them cats." - Kool G. Rap