Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bone Claws...I don't get it.

people are just more into the mystery that was associated with his origin...not knowing was cooler for some people. the guy is 200+ years old....still mystery in there somewhere..eloels

I don't have a problem with the origins story, they could have just made the same story and left out the rediculous bone claw angle and I would have been fine with it.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

ok so thats my thing with ur opinion (still respect it) i can see y u dont like it, but not y u think its ridiculous.

It just makes no sense given his mutant ability, thats all.

Method Man

ya i guess, what about Nightcrawler...dude has a fuckin devil tail, and he teleports.....(hes blue btw)..? eloels.

^^^ya they retconned that his father was a demon, and his mom was some gypsy witch

and ya my main issue is that i would've rather him continued to just be mysterious, although style has a good point, that he would've been a scared kid at sme point regardless...but i disagree about the evolved animal status, i literally read uncanny 94-245 (ish) and nowhere do they mention the evolved animal thing (although i agree that was the plan having seen that mentioned by claremont, byrne, and len wein in interviews), although up until around the time paul smith or john romita jr does the art they mention 'bionic claws extending from housings in his forearms' almost every single issue...unless i'm mistaken (which i could be, most of this stuff was out before i was alive or reading comics) the weapon x story is the first time it's made reasonably explicit that his claws aren't an enhancement.

Yes I remember that story about Nightcrawler, I seem to recall not alot of people liking it but I thought it was ok.

Method Man