Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice-T

Default Ice-T

Ice-T would have to be the most seldom talked about hip hop legend out there.

All his early albums from Rhyme Pays through to Home Invasion were highly entertaining, and there are a lot of unforgettable, classic tracks on those albums. Sure he wasn't the greatest mc to ever do it. His lyrics and flow were very simple, and he certainly wasn't the most diverse mc ever. But his early albums were highly entertaining, important, and influential.

He deserves more props for the contribution he made to hip hop.

Liquid Swordsman Wu-Tang Gambino's Avatar

yup Ice T is a legend. Shame most people know him more for Law & Order than his legendary albums & career.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Gambino View Post
    yup Ice T is a legend. Shame most people know him more for Law & Order than his legendary albums & career.
    Yeah w/out Him where would west coast rap be

Wu Vatican

i was honestly thinking about making an ice-t thread.

i always play my ipod on shuffle. and ice-t stuff pops up from time to time and i have to listen for a minute and make sure its him because so many newer artists jack his shit. the worst part about it is these youngsters really dont know how dope of a rapper he was.

countless beats, slang, swag (hate that term but it applies), ideas have been jacked from this man and i never really hear anyone giving him props.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

one of the gangster rap godfathers. gotta respect ice-t, man.

Only 5 replies.

Point proven.
    Last edited by noel411; 03-31-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

very true hes a legend in my eyes man...ice -t IS west coast ice-t IS gangsta rap no disrespect to nwa and the geto boys etc but they have that legendary status ice-t dosent get his props man

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Only 5 replies.

Point proven.

real recognize real. if dudes aint praising one of the legit gods then thats their problem.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRONZBODY View Post
    very true hes a legend in my eyes man...ice -t IS west coast ice-t IS gangsta rap no disrespect to nwa and the geto boys etc but they have that legendary status ice-t dosent get his props man

well that's what i thought when he dissed souja boy that he was very right in what he said and legends have thr right to criticized something they help build and it seems this younger generation is taking it too shit. very few rappers nowadays really don't do it for me at the same it's forces legends to collaborate with wack new cats just to keep their name alive. but it is sad nobody gives ice t allot of credit besides some on the west coast like the alcholiks, snoop, and others that actually acknowledge his status but outside of hardcore west coast rap fans nobody give him credit

Wu Vatican

yea for real though, i think in the 6 or so years ive been a member of this site this might be the only time ive heard him talked about when it wasnt on some KTL cop killa shit you know what im saying.

for early 90s rapper his beats were dope. his rhymes were dope. his flow was ill. the dude was mad pimp, he wasnt on that corny shit that some late 80s early 90s dudes were on. i dont think theres anyone that can legitamitly denie him as one of the greats.

He's actually had a lot more influence on hip hop than a lot of the repeatedly talked about and praised artists of his era.

FRESH FISH

Original Gangster is a classic and a half. Not to many albums can fuck with that one from start to finish. Even the Body Count track was good IMO and I do not like hard rock.

He was a real pimp and he was involved in the pimp business before his Rap Career and I respect that.

-

Why do you respect a pimp? You should respect people who make their money the legal way. There's nothing cool about men pimping women and making money off of them. Ice T hasn't made a good album since Home Invasion and that came out in 1993. He needs to keep his mouth shut dissing Soulja Boy because he hasn't made a good album in a long time. I wish veteran rappers would stop dissing these new rappers and just concentrate on making good music. Spice 1 dissed Soulja Boy too and several other new rappers but his ass hasn't made a good album since The Black Bossalini and that came out in 1997. Ice T and Spice 1 are still good rappers but their beats suck now. Ice T is a legend though. I'm glad he stopped doing shitty straight to video movies LOL.

ice was an ranger too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice-T