Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Official Wolverine Thread

^^Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
    was that scene after credits?
    not the one i saw

I watched it earlier this evening. I didn't think it was as bad as people had been making it out to be. Deadpool didn't bother me nearly as much as I thought he would; I didn't necessarily like what they did with the character in terms of powers but I thought the inclusion of a teleportation ability was a novel way of giving him that power without the belt he wears in the comics. I think they can still bring Deadpool back from this and make him into the character I think most of us want him to be if they ever decide on his spin off movie.

One of the criticisms labelled at the movie which I did agree on was the distinct lack of characterisation, it felt hard to feel for some of the characters since we were given very little character development; This was especially the case with regards to Logan's and Victor's relationship, I just never really understood why Logan would stick by him for so long when he was clearly a savage maniac.

Since they brought in so many characters from the comics into this film my main concern was that it was going to be Mortal Kombat Annihalation all over again, just random characters thrown in for no real reason other than to fight, fortunately that wasn't quite the case (although some would debate Gambit and Emma Frost's inclusion).

If this movie had been given a bit more room to breathe I think it would have been near perfect comic book material. I love Hugh Jackman in the role of Wolverine and Liev Shrieber really boosted the credibility of Victor Creed in my eyes. As it stands I think it's an above average effort and in no way is it as bad as X3, it's just a straight up superhero action flick that could have done alot more but instead chose to play it safe.

6/10

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Wolverine earns $160 million worldwide during the opening weekend. Looks like we'll be getting more sequels and spin offs.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

I said the movie is average but still is better then X-Men for sure. What really piss me off is that Hugh Jackman was really prepare for this movie he look like Wolverine much more then he did on X Men and counting on how much story Wolverine have this movie on the right hands could have been close to Dark Knight level

and they forgot that Wolverine may have a code of conduct but still kills when he needs too in this movie he walked away on a couple of chances to get revenge
    it makes it hard to connect to the character when the movie does the opposite to the comics
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 05-05-2009 at 08:47 AM.
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

sabertooth was much iller than wolverine.

i think i'm high

"I just never really understood why Logan would stick by him for so long when he was clearly a savage maniac."

^^ what tauro said....

i liked the movie...i was entertained....nothing spectacular but definitely worth the movie ticket...solid for the most part....

Realness

i enjoyed it. i dont like how they made deadpool weapon xi, i think ryan reynolds was doing a great job as deadpool before that. if the deadpool movie is before this one, it should be good. but they fucked up bad with the weapon xi bullshit

i still liked it though. gambit was pretty sick and maverick was too

"your country needs you"
    "im canadian"

theatre went nuts right there hahaha

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

the cgi was absolutely horrible in this movie...made it look like a lowbudget flick

John W. Henry

watched this last night, i pretty much liked it.

cant wait for a gambit spin-off... my fav character as a kid... i thought the dude who played him was quite good.