Thread: Could anybody help me? O´m the Biggest Brazilian Wu fan...And i Have Killer Doubts!!

Default Could anybody help me? O´m the Biggest Brazilian Wu fan...And i Have Killer Doubts!!

Hey, how you guys doin´?
    Thanx for allowing me to be a member in this wonderful Wu site...
    First, i´m gonna tell you guys that i really love the Wu Tang, and the Gravediggaz Niggaz...
    But i´m from Brasil, and i´ve been striving my ass quite tough to learn English by myself since i was 12 (now i´m 30), without ever having a single English class...
    A lot of things WRITTEN on the lyrics, i understand, but there´s something that really became kind of a dream for me to understand and comprehend...
    Before letting you guys know what my biggest doubt is, i´m gonna tell u about my music heroes...
    These are my inspiration
    Anthrax, Beastie Boys, Primus, Descendents, ALL, Manic Street Preachers, Eminem, Suicidal Tendencies, Slayer, Portishead, De La Soul, Gravediggaz, Wu Tang, Armchair Martian, Public Enemy, D.R.I., Lagwagon, Good Riddance, Nofx, Face to Face, A Tribe called Quest, N.W.A., No Use For a Name, S.O.D., Millencolin
    So, my first personal question is...
    1-Do the Wu Tang members like the Beastie Boys?
    2-Which would be the toughest, and the kindest of the WU members?
    3-Is there any of the members who doesn´t use drugs?
    4-In the beggining of the 7th Chamber lyric, there´s a conversation, and Ghostface says all the time "God", is he refering to Our Lord, or to U-god?
    AND NOW THE BIGGEST DOUBT IN MY MUSICAL WORLD...

So, as i told u guys, i´ve been learning English by myself, and although i´m not fluent, i can (at least i think) express myself nicely....But when i read something, i can figure out, but listening, it´s harder to understand...
    I´ve been getting crazy trying to understand what the hell the Wu members talk inside the elevator in the beggining of the "protect ya neck the jump off" video...
    It´s a 20 second conversation before the elevator´s doors shut, and the music begins...
    Please friends, is kind of a dream to me having that whole 20 second conversation written word by word...specially the last part, when Ghostface says something 3 seconds before the elevator´s doors get shut...
    Please men, write this conversation to me...it´s very, very, very important to me...I´ve always asked people on soulseek to do this to me, but they pretend not to read :^(
    Please, don´t think like "fuck this brazilian guy, who doesn´t speak our language"...Please, think like that "He´s a striving man, and really loves the Wu Family, and has a doubt, that we could easily clear..."
    Thanx def men...
    God bless us all!!!
    Wu Tang 4 Ever!!!

1. yes I believe the 2 groups have respect for each other
    2. the toughest would probably be Ghost, kindest, probably Rza
    3. I think Ghost stopped using drugs due to health problems. He had stopped at one point at least.
    4. Ghost is calling whoever he's talking to God, in that he is the controller of his personal universe.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Conversation is happening in elevator which is actually time machine. And i they're arguing in which time period will they go, as far as i remember...

Two things def men...
    When i said Thoughest, an Kindest, i meant like, if i see one the wu members on the street, and want to have a talk, which one would be generous and kind enough to talk to me and smile, and which other would be arrogant and snobish...
    The other thing is...
    Could anyone please write down here thoroughly the whole conversation they had inside that elevator?...The most difficult thing is what Ghostface says 1 secnd before the elevator´s doors shut...
    I thank you guys, God bless ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elber goebbels View Post
    1-Do the Wu Tang members like the Beastie Boys?
    2-Which would be the toughest, and the kindest of the WU members?
    3-Is there any of the members who doesn´t use drugs?
    4-In the beggining of the 7th Chamber lyric, there´s a conversation, and Ghostface says all the time "God", is he refering to Our Lord, or to U-god?
    2. rza
    4. G.O.D = god cipher divine, original black man of asia. or simply anyone the person talking is adressing.. read the wu-tang manual. peace
    SAI-VU - the Ill Created aka. Brainstorm the Bullshitter, Eddie Quist & Lick on the Wall...

(C.R.E.A.M. playing in the background - Rae's verse)

RZA: So yo money said this whole spot is bangin. We could go anywhere we want man. I'm tellin you son its gonna be the jump off in here. Im tellin you trust me.
    Rae: You got trees on you right?
    RZA: Yo I just got the two-way from son, man. Father Time. We can choose anytime we want man. Just choose.
    Ghostface: No doubt son. What we gonna do? What we gonna do? See what Im sayin...
    RZA: Yo. Hit the button. Ay yo, We gonna take it back to 1988 right?
    Ghostface: 88, 88.
    RZAa'll got the God U's right?
    Ghostface: BONG! No doubt. The sun win or Then something went(not sure about this)

Wasnt sure if you needed an interpretation of what some of the slang means...

God-U's = guns
    Trees = weed
    Two-way = pager

"Cause she's my bitch - the only cat that i lick
    Throwin that ass like Ciara on the top of that whip...""

Wu slang is awesome!

85 %ER

elber some wu-tang members belong to offshot sect of the muslim relgion called the nation of islam, under the philosophy of these, black men are refered to as gods and black women as earths.

A lot of black people in the ghettos of New York have adopted this way of refering to themselves even if they're not muslims, so I'm actually not sure if the wu-members are, but that doesn't stop them from saying it.

Oh and the conversation is sensless banter.
    "You asked for it, shot up the jams like syringes
    My technique alone blows doors straight off the hinges"

Ghostface Killah - Winter Warz

Yo def men, thanx a lot for helping me, it was really kind of u guys!!!
    I´m from Brasil as i said...and learning English by myself...If anyone wants, please add me on msn: [email protected]
    I´ll be glad in being your friend!!!
    God bless y´all!!!

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

hahah funny thread.
    We do it for the people.