Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has there ever been a disstrack outside of the hiphop genre?

DrunkenMasta303

Default has there ever been a disstrack outside of the hiphop genre?

prolly not huh? if yes, post that shit. if not, why do u think that is?

Veteran Member

john lennon made a couple diss tracks against that faggit paul mccartney.
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

^^^damn i was just about to mention that when i saw the title of this thread

pink floyd (david gilmour) threw some 'subliminals' at roger waters after he was ousted from the group

there's probably scads more but it's just done with more subtlety and less fanfare than in hiphop

DrunkenMasta303

loll good shit, i thought rappers were the only musicians that hated and shoot eachother because of battlin and competition being part of the culture n shit, but it seems that sex drugs n rocknroll can trigger enough hEAT for X-plosions too

The Neil Young Lynyrd Skynyrd(???) beef was nasty. Dude from Lynyrd Skynrd died and it was rumored he was buried in a Neil Young shirt, some crazy Neil Young fans dug up his grave, took the shirt and just left his fucing corpse scattered around the cemetary. There was also the Nirvana V. Guns and Roses, Nirvana V. Pearl Jam, Nirvana V. Metallica beefs that were pretty fucking funny in their time. Kurt Cobain had major hate on for a lot of weak metal goofs.
    "You love to love to love, and you hate to hate to hate!!"

Veteran Member

early big band jazz in new orleans was based on battling, though this was through nonverbal music rather than disses. it was the first battle of the bands.
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

Quote Originally Posted by mastapowerful View Post
    The Neil Young Lynyrd Skynyrd(???) beef was nasty. Dude from Lynyrd Skynrd died and it was rumored he was buried in a Neil Young shirt, some crazy Neil Young fans dug up his grave, took the shirt and just left his fucing corpse scattered around the cemetary. There was also the Nirvana V. Guns and Roses, Nirvana V. Pearl Jam, Nirvana V. Metallica beefs that were pretty fucking funny in their time. Kurt Cobain had major hate on for a lot of weak metal goofs.
    The feud between Lynyrd Skynyrd and Neil Young was always good-natured fun; they were actually big fans of each other. Ronnie Van Zant often wore Neil Young T-shirts on stage and is wearing one on the cover of Street Survivors, the last Skynyrd album before his death.

Neil Young played Sweet Home Alabama at a memorial to the 3 members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who died in a plane crash in 1977.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecknowledgist View Post
    The feud between Lynyrd Skynyrd and Neil Young was always good-natured fun; they were actually big fans of each other. Ronnie Van Zant often wore Neil Young T-shirts on stage and is wearing one on the cover of Street Survivors, the last Skynyrd album before his death.

Neil Young played Sweet Home Alabama at a memorial to the 3 members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who died in a plane crash in 1977.

I always assumed it was good natured. I just meant that it was nasty in that it resultied in some poor guys carcass being totally disrespected. Actually, can carcasses even be disrespected???
    "You love to love to love, and you hate to hate to hate!!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post

first thing that came to my mind.

I think Neil Young and the Sex pistols also had a little something going on

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by "...." View Post
    early big band jazz in new orleans was based on battling, though this was through nonverbal music rather than disses. it was the first battle of the bands.
    yea, dudes used to battle on the piano...Art Tatum was one of the piano battlers...see who could play stride better.

Bump
    Retired.

Banned

I guess the most obvious one to mention is George Harrison's song Wah Wah but that's much more metaphorical and can be passed off as just nonsense words.

People say that Mannish Boy is a diss track/response track to Bo Diddley's "I'm A Man"

I don't listen to The Beach Boys but they are supposed to have an early 60's diss track too which was a response to someone else dissing them

Roger Waters disses the guy who composed the Phantom Of The Opera musical because that tune clearly steals from Echoes and the guy always denied it and Waters gets really hot about it, Australian legends who aren't a Kiwi band Crowded House seem to reference this on the song Chocolate Cake but it doesn't sound like a diss because they talk about other celebrities/musicians in the song

"We cower in our shelters with out hands over our ears
    Llord-Webber's awful stuff runs for years and years and years
    An earthquake hits the theatre, but the operetta lingers
    Then the piano lid comes down and breaks his fucking fingers
    It's a miracle"

Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

The ABBOTT

Not really a diss track. But steely dan and the Eagles name dropped each other on Everything you did(SD) and Hotel California (E)

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/the-son...ut-each-other/