Reports hit the internet a while back that Lil Wayne's upcoming rock album The Rebirth was shelved after poor response to it's single, the shitty "Prom Queen."

But no, Weezy has spoken to Rolling Stone and Cash Money CEO Baby has spoken to Vibe and both have confirmed the album comes out June 16th and even though it apparently features all rock inspired music and Wayne says he won't rap on it at all Baby says it won't be a rock album.

Hmm. Wayne says it is him simply branching out.

"I just got — I'm not going to say 'so good' at what I was doing, but it became such a regularity for me that I got tired of it. And then I said, 'You know what? I'm not going to rap on this one.'"

So he isn't rapping at all, he clearly says "I'm not going to rap on this one" and then follows it up with "I don't want to be the best rapper in the world. Not now…I want to be the best. Period. Now. My favorite rapper hasn’t done what I’m doing."

But Baby says it isn't a rock record.

"It's not a rock record, that's what I think people are getting misunderstood. When you speaking about a rock record, you think he's got a guitar and everything, but it's not that. It's going to be some of those types of beats, but it's just great music. I don't think no artist can do what he about to get done. My son is a rock star."

"He can rap, he can sing, he's just an artist," he continued. "I don't think no one will ever be greater [than Wayne] because I don't think no one puts in the time or the quality. If someone do come along, can you imagine what he’ll have to do? He got to put out on thousand mixtapes, do a thousand records [and] sell 100 million records. 2Pac, Jay-Z and Biggie didn’t get to the shit Wayne's done."

Without even touching on that last comment, this whole thing seems confused. Baby says Wayne can rap and sing, Wayne says he wont rap, so that means he will sing. The Rebirth has Wayne singing over rock production, yet Baby says it isn't a rock album?

It seems to me neither of them know what the fuck is going on. I just hope the music is good like they say, and in my opinion, sorry guys but "Prom Queen" wasn't.
http://www.streethop.com/rapnews/179...jay-z-big.html

This is the most stupidest thing i've ever heard.