Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: French Hip-Hop

lynskey

Default French Hip-Hop

Been a listener for a couple of years now, still ain't got a fucking clue what they are saying but the flow of the french language is dope.

Yeah well it was way better before, since NTM n IAM, since Booba dropped lunatic n became a bitch I aint really interested anymore. Soprano I cant stand his flow and with his southern accent Im having a hard time understanding whar hes sayin, Halla Hall n A la Bien, I hate these songs. Keny arkana thats good, La rage n La mère des enfant perdus, great shit. Right now, Abd Al Malik is the only french rapper/slammer who I really listen to, cause his words are wonderful.

lynskey

Quote Originally Posted by DirtMcGirt View Post
    Yeah well it was way better before, since NTM n IAM, since Booba dropped lunatic n became a bitch I aint really interested anymore. Soprano I cant stand his flow and with his southern accent Im having a hard time understanding whar hes sayin, Halla Hall n A la Bien, I hate these songs. Keny arkana thats good, La rage n La mère des enfant perdus, great shit. Right now, Abd Al Malik is the only french rapper/slammer who I really listen to, cause his words are wonderful.
    Keny Arkana, Soprano and El Matador are all Marseille rappers?
    Only french rappers I've fucked with, used to like abit of La Fouine.

I like NTM, IAM, Fonky Family.

Oxmo Puccino has some good songs. So does Kamelancien (his harder tracks). Soprano is nice.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Quote Originally Posted by lynskey View Post
    Keny Arkana, Soprano and El Matador are all Marseille rappers?
    Only french rappers I've fucked with, used to like abit of La Fouine.
    El matador n soprano are but keny arkana's from the Hauts-de-seine, its near Paris.
    La fouine, I just cant stand him, I never check his shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rama View Post
    I like NTM, IAM, Fonky Family.

Oxmo Puccino has some good songs. So does Kamelancien (his harder tracks). Soprano is nice.
    NTM is the shit, thats my favourite french group ever, so much dope songs, like Seine st denis style, nique la police and all, its like the french NWA, with La Haine being the french Boy Z n the hood, but it shows how lame french rap is compared to american rap. I mean NTM is great, but compared to NWA, it aint shit.
    IAM is good too, even if they think they're the french wu tang clan, but Akhenaton is a damn good rapper.
    Fonky family I used to like, then I grew up.
    Any of y'all listened to Abd Al Malik, its gonna be a bit hard for you to like it if you dont understand what he says, but you should try.

theres ALOT of AMAZING french rap, just search youtube. I would say its on par with US rap, if not better at times.

lynskey

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    theres ALOT of AMAZING french rap, just search youtube. I would say its on par with US rap, if not better at times.
    recommend me some to check out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    There is NO way french rap is better than US rap, and nowadays there are a lot of french rappers that really sucks and a few good one, ya should give some names cause I dont know what french rapper could be that good.

Original Nastukao Bucellito 136's Avatar

soprano(now) el matador and la fouine are trash
    these guys can't rap. their shit is very commercial
    Back in the days , there were a lot of dope groups in france but now i don't know if you can find a classic album each year
    For me the best french group ever is IAM
    akhenaton is just the dopest mc in france this guy is so amazing
    ntm was dope too. paris always had some nice mc's and groups like oxmo puccino lunatic etc...
    if i had to recommend you a few names i would say
    IAM (solo albums included they're really really dope ---> akhenaton shurik'n and freeman),
    Le rat luciano (mc from la fonky family),
    Assassin(classic shit even if sometimes they're boring),
    Ntm(watch the live dvd)
    Oxmo puccino (dope lyricist and storyteller)
    Lunatic
    then check some shit like chiens de paille, carré rouge, keny arkana, Busta flex, Nap( abd al malik group) it's worse listening. and please don't trust your hear if you think that people like La fouine sounds good cuz it's absolutely wrong.
    Let em know if you want to know more about a few names
    peace

lynskey

Quote Originally Posted by Bucellito 136 View Post
    Back in the days , there were a lot of dope groups in france but now i don't know if you can find a classic album each year
    ntm was dope too. paris always had some nice mc's and groups like oxmo puccino lunatic etc...
    IAM (solo albums included they're really really dope ---> akhenaton shurik'n and freeman),
    Ntm(watch the live dvd)
    Lunatic
    then check some shit like chiens de paille, carré rouge, keny arkana, Busta flex, Nap( abd al malik group) it's worse listening. and please don't trust your hear if you think that people like La fouine sounds good cuz it's absolutely wrong.
    peace

don't matter if they are commercial or not to me as I aint got a fucking clue what they saying, as long as the beats are nice not to bothered. Like alot of the beats on Les Cites Dor. will check them rappers out though.

Original Nastukao Bucellito 136's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lynskey View Post

don't matter if they are commercial or not to me as I aint got a fucking clue what they saying, as long as the beats are nice not to bothered. Like alot of the beats on Les Cites Dor. will check them rappers out though.
    of course i didn't think about it !
    psy 4 have some good shit but personnaly i don't like "les cités d'or". block party and enfants de la lune were much better
    download "Ou je vis" from Shurik'n this shit is classic

Quote Originally Posted by Bucellito 136 View Post
    Ntm(watch the live dvd)
    Lunatic
    peace
    Hell yeah La Fouine aint shit, I agree with almost everything, Abd Al Malik is really good but I dont know if folks that dont speak french would really be interested cause its his words that really make him great. I like NTM better than IAM, and yeah Lunatic was dope but now Booba is done.

This is true French Hip Hop

lynskey

Quote Originally Posted by DirtMcGirt View Post
    This is true French Hip Hop
    Not bad, but I guess 'Real' french hip-hop is more lyrical, which means nothing to me as I can't understand them so I just go for the good sounding beats.
    Just copped El Matador's new album and I'm enjoying it