4. You may not vote on this poll
  • daliff89

4 100.00%
  • beautifulrock

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *Verses In* daliff89 VS. beautifulrock RD. 1

The Lyrical Anomaly

i don't think it should be all 14 people voting in the battles......

just seems kind of pointless......

maybe first to 5 or something, but to wait for 14 other people to vote is excessive....

Quote Originally Posted by Eradicate View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with the votes..

so i don't think he would?

you know these battles are going to get votes so much faster now
    yeah you'll typically get less participation as the rounds go on with people that just take too long to vote. Kicking cans in my head I think first to seven sounds about right to cover for either stragglers or no-shows but still pretty close to being a simple majority. jmo

Support the Real. Click HERE

nah let's stick with what we got going, if you think something is garbage then i'll just toss it. sound good. props on your battle.

daliff89 is the first one moving to Round 2

sorry Brock. i tried to state the rules as clear as possible

nah let's stick with what we got going, if you think something is garbage then i'll just toss it. sound good. props on your battle.

daliff89 is the first one moving to Round 2

sorry Brock. i tried to state the rules as clear as possible
    its not that I think anything is wrong with the votes already cast

but hear me out, if you got 14 people participating and only three have to be heard from to possibly move someone on, it may not matter here just cause the amount of personals was pretty one-sided, but if in a closer battle shit could maybe be 3-0 at night then 3-5 the next dayif people weren't at work or whatever to vote but the five wouldn't of mattered because of the three that spoke first.

just seems like it opens things up to a lot of bickering n' shit.

I think it'll work peachy =)

I think it'll work peachy =)
    be honest

you post your verses and wake up down 0-3 cause of votes by Ares, MightyThor, and DrunkenMonk.

You think that represents the will of the tournament's participants?

You don't feel cheated in the slightest?

The Lyrical Anomaly

if it's first to seven that means that there's to potential to need all 14 people to vote.....

that just takes too long....

Quote Originally Posted by daliff89 View Post
    if it's first to seven that means that there's to potential to need all 14 people to vote.....

that just takes too long....
    I'm not saying 7 has to be the number or no shit. I just think 3 is too low. Especially in the first round when you'll have a lot of active participants.

I stated if the votes were bullshit or biased me or dusk will throw them out.
    being as it may, for my battles i would just simply ask Dusk tool

and their wont be to many KO's once theres a few battles, im thinking everyones gonna notch up their game a bit

I stated if the votes were bullshit or biased me or dusk will throw them out.
    being as it may, for my battles i would just simply ask Dusk tool
    seriously have no idea why you keep bringin up that point in this conversation. I'm not saying that any one vote is more valid than the other or that anyone is casting a bullshit vote. I bring up those names cause I don't know them and I'm guessing haven't been here long at all. 3 outta 14 is just crazy.

and their wont be to many KO's once theres a few battles, im thinking everyones gonna notch up their game a bit
    because hypothetically speaking a match could be in the collectiveparticipants eyes 3-11 with all 14 votes being both valid and explained but the three would beat the 11 if the vote casting happened in the wrong order.

that's a potential disaster.

I get what your saying, i just doubt half of the people will vote
    and im wondering if everyone that signed up is actually going to drop a verse.

if theres people that you don't want to vote on your battle, just make a note saying who can or cannot vote. Does that help at all?

hit me up on msn if you have any last minute suggestions.
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Eradicate; 04-26-2009 at 02:51 AM.

I get what your saying, i just doubt half of the people will vote
    and im wondering if everyone that signed up is actually going to drop a verse.

if theres people that you don't want to vote on your battle, just make a note saying who can or cannot vote. Does that help at all?

hit me up on msn if you have any last minute suggestions.
    [email protected]
    nah I don't wanna to try an invalidate anyone's opinion. If you can rhyme then the opinion ,whatever it is, is a valid one........now if they can't rhyme

What about 5?

I understand your concerns over voting (especially with its history here) but it'll be decent in the first round and scetchy from there on out.

Just don't get over-excited cause you actually got three votes on a battle in a single day I saw those two you had been waiting either weeks or months on. There will be a spike in activity here atleast for a little while and quite a few participants are on the site frequently so it'll be better than what it is historically probably throughout.

my main concern is getting votes.

that was partly why i wanted to do this tourney i thought it might wake this place up alittle bit.

if i see alot of voting on these battles then i'll have no problem going to five, it's first to five anyways, but im guessing you want 5-0 to be a knock out, and then what 6-1 or 6-2 is a TKO. and then first to seven? that could work i can adjust it if I see the votes coming in smoothly. ya dig?

my main concern is getting votes.

that was partly why i wanted to do this tourney i thought it might wake this place up alittle bit.

if i see alot of voting on these battles then i'll have no problem going to five, it's first to five anyways, but im guessing you want 5-0 to be a knock out, and then what 6-1 or 6-2 is a TKO. and then first to seven? that could work i can adjust it if I see the votes coming in smoothly. ya dig?
    sounds good