Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Detroit is a hellhole.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    America is a large country and it encompasses many different types of people and places unlike Europe which is a continent full of independent countries.

Its easy for you to sit there and act all superior living in Belgium distancing yourself from Russia and the Balkan states....you live in the rich neighborhood of Europe.

Instead of trying to make your little disses about healthcare and 'dumb and fucked up people', maybe you should find out why Detroit is the way it is.

The auto industry of Detroit was massive and employed most of the people that lived in the city. Once they left, the people left. Detroit has lost almost half of its population within a few decades.

Its rise and fall has been quick. The city is abandoned in most parts. The people that stayed are poor and can't leave. The people who had money left for the suburbs. Detroit has numerous large suburbs.

Basically, like alot of U.S. cities after WWII, most of its city population fled to the suburbs. This is especially true of rustbelt cities like Detroit, CLeveland, Milwaukee, St. Louis...when all the industry left to go overseas beause of greedy businessmen.

You have to realize that the United States is a large country with numerous cities. Not all of them can be like LA, SF and NY or Chicago. And even those places have their rough neighborhoods.
    I mean look at the Bronx in the 70's and 80's.

Many of these cities are rebuilding. New York and Chicago have been, as has Cleveland. Some places tho continue to get worse and their fate is that as great cities they are in decline and will never reach their peak.
    Detroit looks like such a place.

YOu don't even need to go into the neighborhoods to see this. I saw it from the freeway...abandoned skyscrapers, abandoned projects.

Its terrible, its definitely one of the worst, most depressed places in the country as far as cities go.
    Certain areas of the country have suffered worse than others.

As it stands, I'll still take my chances in the United States. Everywhere else gets hit harder with recession, depression, war, gas prices, than we do here.

Belgium was nice, so was the Netherlands, but I'd still take the States over both of em.
    fair enough, belgium is pretty boring if you ask me.
    but as far as health care and everything that comes with it its one of the best countries to be in.

as far as combining good living with excitement and interesting places america probably is one of the best or THE best country.

but i think it should be waaaaaaay more concerned with some shit like health care and other things that i cant really translate in english. especially for a country as mighty and rich as the U.S.

has a deathwish NaturalBornKilla's Avatar

do you live in the actual city or one of the suburbs....The suburbs looked fine. I'm talking about within city limits.
    I dont live in the suburbs I share an apt with a buddy of mine right in detroit.
    Pass the bone, kid pass the bone
    Let's get on this mission like Indiana Jones

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    fair enough, belgium is pretty boring if you ask me.
    but as far as health care and everything that comes with it its one of the best countries to be in.

as far as combining good living with excitement and interesting places america probably is one of the best or THE best country.

but i think it should be waaaaaaay more concerned with some shit like health care and other things that i cant really translate in english. especially for a country as mighty and rich as the U.S.
    what makes your healthcare so great???

I love it how other country's seemed so concerned about America's healthcare.

First of all, the hospital won't refuse you treatment, and alot of times, you can get funding if you don't have the money.

IF free healthcare means shittier doctors and months long waiting lists, than im not so sure that is a good thing.

Things that work in belgium will not necessarily work in a massive, diverse country like the United States.

First of all, the hospital won't refuse you treatment, and alot of times, you can get funding if you don't have the money.

IF free healthcare means shittier doctors and months long waiting lists, than im not so sure that is a good thing.

Things that work in belgium will not necessarily work in a massive, diverse country like the United States.
    Of course, its like sayin switzerlang gots less criminality than the USA.
    Its like that Michael Moore movie, where in a scene you see a french doctor sayin to some dude, "see ya, dont have to pay", when thats completely untrue, even if you get repaid you always gotta pay the man.
    Even if its true that healthcare thing seems to be a big problem in the USA, european media only talks about it when they wanna make us think we have it way better here.

what makes ours so great?
    well for one thing i never heard about people dying cus they couldnt pay for medication over here, ive seen that countless of times in documentaries about the states...

and we've all seen the michael moore movie where he proves that cuba's HC is superior to that of the states.

to be honest im not gonna debate about this, cus frankly i dont know enough about it LOLLLLL but im sure that people who do know about this will agree with me...

Well i guess thats what happens when a city loses its only source of jobs (auto-industry). Detroit really has nothing going for it. sad really considering what Detroit was back in the day with the big auto-industry and motown ofcourse.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HAN View Post
    Well i guess thats what happens when a city loses its only source of jobs (auto-industry). Detroit really has nothing going for it. sad really considering what Detroit was back in the day with the big auto-industry and motown ofcourse.
    True indeed...but even aside from teh auto industry leaving....everyone wants to be in the suburbs over here...people want land and privacy.

what makes ours so great?
    well for one thing i never heard about people dying cus they couldnt pay for medication over here, ive seen that countless of times in documentaries about the states...

and we've all seen the michael moore movie where he proves that cuba's HC is superior to that of the states.

to be honest im not gonna debate about this, cus frankly i dont know enough about it LOLLLLL but im sure that people who do know about this will agree with me...
    riiight...thats your problem. YOu base your perception of AMerica on Michael Moore documentarys.

I never heard of someone dying cuz they couldnt pay for medication. Medicare, medicaid...whatever, All i kno is that that shit comes out of my paycheck every week.

Do I want additional taxes taken out so I can go to the doctor, pay and get a refund???

The way I see it, thats what insurance is for.
    I dunno...I just don't see a big difference. YOur going to pay for it either way.

But what would I know??? I only live here. I mean, you have seen documentary's and euro news and listen to wu tang so that means you know EVERYTHING about american culture.

cum guzzler

I never heard of someone dying cuz they couldnt pay for medication. Medicare, medicaid...whatever, All i kno is that that shit comes out of my paycheck every week.
    are you serious? I don't even watch tv or look for shit like this but I hear of people dying cuz of that all the time in the US
    even people dying while waiting in line to get fixed up I've heard of a few times, I'm sure a simple google search could find a bunch of that

True indeed...but even aside from teh auto industry leaving....everyone wants to be in the suburbs over here...people want land and privacy.

riiight...thats your problem. YOu base your perception of AMerica on Michael Moore documentarys.

Do I want additional taxes taken out so I can go to the doctor, pay and get a refund???

The way I see it, thats what insurance is for.
    I dunno...I just don't see a big difference. YOur going to pay for it either way.

But what would I know??? I only live here. I mean, you have seen documentary's and euro news and listen to wu tang so that means you know EVERYTHING about american culture.

cum guzzler
    actually i know about other countries too not just america, thats because the people outside of the states know theres life outside of our boundaries. we're not as ignorant to think the world begins and stops in our narrow country. eat a hamburger and go to the pep rally of your local wildcats and shut the fuck up. ignorant, confused yank!

nothing wrong with free health care, its not like the doctors dont get paid.

Banned

actually i know about other countries too not just america, thats because the people outside of the states know theres life outside of our boundaries. we're not as ignorant to think the world begins and stops in our narrow country. eat a hamburger and go to the pep rally of your local wildcats and shut the fuck up. ignorant, confused yank!
    the only place you know about is western europe, and maybe you kno alittle about eastern europe. The United States is much larger than that.

LOL...@ 'i actually know about other countries too not just america"

what a phag....you don't know shit about the States besides what you see on TV and hear in music.
    I doubt you could identify any of the states besides Florida, NY and Cali. SO who is ignorant???
    Not that it would help you to know that. Just like it won't help an American to identify the Czech Republic or Macedonia.

You are a typical jealous eurodouchebag.

I won't be too harsh cuz I came to realize that you are pretty rare still.
    So go eat a croquette, and dip your french fries in mayo (cuz we kno how you all love fries) and sit in your boring bar watching guys kick a ball around and not score a point.
    Jealous, homosexual eurofag.

You kno who this guy is....you watch his highlights and you wish your athletes could entertain you like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    are you serious? I don't even watch tv or look for shit like this but I hear of people dying cuz of that all the time in the US
    even people dying while waiting in line to get fixed up I've heard of a few times, I'm sure a simple google search could find a bunch of that
    you lost all credibility from you left/right brained thread....sorry brah

the only place you know about is western europe, and maybe you kno alittle about eastern europe. The United States is much larger than that.

what a phag....you don't know shit about the States besides what you see on TV and hear in music.
    I doubt you could identify any of the states besides Florida, NY and Cali. SO who is ignorant???
    Not that it would help you to know that. Just like it won't help an American to identify the Czech Republic or Macedonia.

So go eat a croquette, and dip your french fries in mayo (cuz we kno how you all love fries) and sit in your boring bar watching guys kick a ball around and not score a point.

You kno who this guy is....you watch his highlights and you wish your athletes could entertain you like this.

funny you should mention states, i was watching a reality show on tv the other day and they were talking about going to st louis,and 2 of the contestants were like "WHERE's ST LOUIS" i was in shock that i knew it was in Missouri and these ignorant yanks didnt lol, EPIC FAIL!!

lmao at you getting all homotional, you just cant stand it that all your misguided beliefs of the entire world wanting to live in america couldnt be further from the truth.

and now that you mention it i love frites with mayo, vidé is even better.

so yeah im actually pretty well informed about the geography of the various cities and states, considering i never been there or actually studied it. and before you get a hard on i know about other places too, ive always been interested in geography actually... i guess that makes me a nerd huh? lame

Wobbling Totem Poles

You're 28.

Jesus.

Banned

No, it just makes you somewhat aware, so stop trying the idiotic Americans of the country to make yourself and your little country feel a little bigger.

This thread was about Detroit, but you had to come in with America bashing...which technically is fine, but I notice you are consumed with it.....and i believe it stems from some sort of inferiority complex you have for teh United States.
    YOu try to find anything you can to put them down..

But it is true, I doubt most AMericans couldn't identify Belgium on a map......but thats not cuz we are stupid, its because nobody really cares about Belgium.

Most Americans can find Italy, Britain, France Russia....the popular and easily identifiable countries.
    Like I said to another Euro....could you distinguish Kansas from Nebraska???
    Probably not, so why would you expect someone to do the same for Belgium and the Netherlands.

Like I said before tho, you judge America by what you see on TV and hear on albums.

your whole attempt to diss me right now is on some stolen AMerican bravado...the whole 'epic fail' and 'homotional' bullshit...
    I mean DAYUM, you are watching American TV shows.....

AMericans don't even watch that shit brah....the only ones that do are the ignorant fools that actually participate in them, and foreign countries that carry that show.

like i said....you don't kno shit.
    I been to your country, i seen how u live. Its nice, peaceful. Great beer and chocolates

Wobbling Totem Poles

Nicky you're a fucking fag.

It took you going on a spritual journey round Europe to realise that not everyone outside your country was a dick.

Plus you havent got laid this year.