Thread: Rock the Bells 6/27/09 Chicago!

Default Rock the Bells 6/27/09 Chicago!

Saturday - June 27, 2009
    First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre - Chicago, IL

Featuring:
    NAS & Damian Marley, The Roots, Common, Busta Rhymes, Big Boi, KRS-One, House of Pain featuring La Coka Nostra,Reflection Eternal (Talib Kweli + Hi-Tek), Tech N9ne, RZA vs. GZA, Raekwon, K'naan, Sage Francis, Slaughterhouse (Joe Budden, Royce da 5'9", Joel Ortiz, and Crooked I), Buckshot, M.O.P., Necro, Slum Village, Eyedea & Abilities, Evidence & Alchemist, The Knux, Psycho Realm, Mystik Journeymen, Chali 2na, Mickey Factz, B. Dolan, Tabi Bonney

Hosted by: KRS-One, Supernatural, Murs, and Pete Rock
    I just ordered my PIT section ticket today! row G4 or some shit I think.
    anybody else hitting this one up? I live in Grand Rapids but the Detroit show sucks so I'm gonna head down to Chi town. My brother is prolly goin too.

..ayo MsRZA don't you hit up Chi town shows often?? get at a dude!

Allow me to demonstrate M-Dizzle's Avatar

Hell yeah, GZA is going to be there now too!? Sweet, I live in Illinois right by Chicago, I'm absolutely going to this with my brother.

okay, I am officially FUCKING PISSED AT ROCK THE BELLS
    and I want my goddamn $120 ticket money back

just today I've been learning through the interwebz that the Chi Town venue has TWO stages.
    Apparently this is not an important thing to mention to ticket holders who drove three hours to see some specific people.
    M-Dizzle wrote in another thread:
    I went to rock the bells in Chicago on the 27th and it was dope as all hell. Raekwon was sweet and Gza was a real treat to see. Great concert, something I will never forget.
    up until today I thought they were a no show, because I never saw em there.
    I even had many talks with the security because I was the closest you could possibly get to the stage the entire time (I never moved) and not once did they tell me about another stage, and I specifically asked about GZA RZA and Raekwon.

instead I got to suffer the first few hours through wack opening acts, tech n9ne who i dreaded more than the wack opening acts, and horrible sound people who wasted up to 45 minutes between sets.
    I was very disappointed with the show for all these reasons - yes it was great seeing Busta Rhymes, Roots, Nas, Damien Marley...
    but I was at Rock the Bells last year in Detroit and it was WAYYY better.
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 06-29-2009 at 11:42 PM.

Allow me to demonstrate M-Dizzle's Avatar

That sucks so bad, didn't you see the second stage? IMO the second stage was way better earlier with M.O.P. rockin, and then Buckshot bringing out KRS-1 to perform some def classics.

i never even heard sound coming from a second stage which i find incredibly weird
    but yeah man, sucks bad, not often I get a chance to see Wu and that's who I drove to see
    I actually ran into MOP at applebees after the show, dudes looked fucked up
    and again 5 minutes later at my hotel which was right across from applebees

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH the blazed sage's Avatar

holy shit that has to suck. sorry buddy, better luck next year. mef,red & ghost are on tour though. should be hitting chi-town late july, check out the defjam.com site under the mef&red artist page or ticketmaster for more info.