Thread: Forrest Whitaker, 50 Cent As Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde ...wtf??

Default Forrest Whitaker, 50 Cent As Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde ...wtf??

How is this for least likely scenarios…!
    According to Variety mag, a contemporary re-imagining of Robert Louis Stevenson’s The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, is in the works, and will be titled simply, Jekyll and Hyde.
    Here’s where it gets interesting… Forest Whitaker and Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson are attached to play the lead roles in the classic tale about a doctor who invents a potion that unleashes his violent alter ego.
    Abel Ferrara, best known for 1992’s indie hit, Bad Lieutenant, will write and direct.
    Hmmm… I wonder who’ll play Jekyll and who’ll play Hyde. Read on below for more…

I can see Whitaker in something dark and brooding like this - in either role actually. He is that versatile. Whether as the vulnerable, tortured soul, or the remorseless menace. Whitaker would likely excel as either.
    Fiddy, on the other hand… unless Ferrara surprises us with the mother of all casting twists, I think we can guess which of the 2 characters Mr Cent will probably play. His resume offers clues. Even the collage above tells the tale )
    No matter… I would prefer to see someone else play the role… someone more talented. But, I won’t bother lamenting… you’ve heard that song before.
    Production on Jekyll and Hyde begins this summer. We’ll likely be talking about this next year!
    http://www.shadowandact.com/?p=2230

That'll be interesting. Guess I'll have to sit tight and wait and see.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted