• 3: Good

5 12.20%
  • 2: Boring

6 14.63%
  • 1: Wackadoccious

3 7.32%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eminem - Relapse

I think it's definitely worth buying, some brilliant tracks but yeah I wouldn't pay $25 for it now, should be able to find it for a lot cheaper than that now!

Veteran Member

I've slept on this album for so long. This was actually a great effort by Em and to be honest apart from the voice/accent, I don't really see why a lot of people hate on this album. Dr Dre came through with some dope beats. In fact, this was probably his finest production work of recent years. Em spazzed out on this one. The flows, the wordplay - he bodied these joints. The only one I ain't really feeling is Crack A Bottle which could've been left off. Imo this is a criminally underrated album. I'd give it an easy 8.5/10.

Dr. Dre made some great beats for this and Eminem once again proved how that he got more flows than probably anyone else in the game.. it's shortcoming is its lack of substance and the excessive voice acting on Em's behalf. i mean i like the album but a lot of these songs are so fucking empty content wise that he has to make up voices to try to sell them as interesting. the best song on here is without a doubt "Deja Vu", an intimate, honest and important track in his discogaphy. no voices, no shock value and infantile humor, just good storytelling and raw emotion over a fantastic Dre production. the second best cut is "Underground", such a fucking monster of a track, and the lyrics is written and delivered with a true purpose. very powerful album closer.. other highlights include "3 AM", "Old Times Sake" with Dre, and "Stay Wide Awake". i need to go back and revisit this some day .

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

nada ignorante

This album definitely grows on you. 10 years later it sounds better.
    N.I.

Veteran Member

^ I agree. I actually really like this album now. This is better than Encore imo.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Should have left off We Made You, but he always goes with the most poppy song for the first single. I would have switched songs and put Crack A Bottle on Before I Self Destruct and taken Psycho off of that and put it on here. Would have given Fifty Cent his own Grammy

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    Dr. Dre made some great beats for this and Eminem once again proved how that he got more flows than probably anyone else in the game.. it's shortcoming is its lack of substance and the excessive voice acting on Em's behalf. i mean i like the album but a lot of these songs are so fucking empty content wise that he has to make up voices to try to sell them as interesting. the best song on here is without a doubt "Deja Vu", an intimate, honest and important track in his discogaphy. no voices, no shock value and infantile humor, just good storytelling and raw emotion over a fantastic Dre production. the second best cut is "Underground", such a fucking monster of a track, and the lyrics is written and delivered with a true purpose. very powerful album closer.. other highlights include "3 AM", "Old Times Sake" with Dre, and "Stay Wide Awake". i need to go back and revisit this some day .

He put Underground at the end of it on purpose.

It's like he thought "LOL you listened to all that garbage I put on this CD.. I'll put this right at the end just so you know I can still body the fuck out of a beat. Can't wait for ya'll to buy my next LP!"

This albums has no replay value and is tough to get through

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

This dropped ten years ago today. Still my favorite Eminem album. A real treat for lyricism lovers.