Thread: Jadakiss-the last kiss reivew

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default Jadakiss-the last kiss reivew

You know when you heard both of Jadakiss’ last two efforts in “Kiss the Game Goodbye” and the commercially viable “Kiss of Death” that got all of the hoods asking “why”. But since then Jada’s been quiet as a of late just showing up as a cameo appearances while still showing he got the heat along with his LOX and D-Block brethren. And fast forward to 2008-2009 the prospects of “The Last Kiss” was shrouded in some much secrecy it started to be hard to anticipate. But as I delved into the album and seeing guests like Nas, Ghost, Rae, Swizz, Styles P and Sheek you know you can’t go wrong.

With the opening cut “Pain and Torture” where kiss just goes on a lyrical tangent about the game and showing these newbies how to drop heat without the auto-tune. As you get deeper the various R&B cuts mixed with the harder stuff like “What If” featuring Nas, Come and Get Me featuring S.I. And Sheek Louch, One more step featuring Styles P. The album itself isn’t so called “classic” rather its way above average due to Jada’s ability to balance the content out but would have been nicer to see Kiss varied his content and producers on it.

For the most part Jadakiss kills the album lyrically, I think the production is very stylish and fits but I would have liked some kind of balance and or something I wasn’t expecting. And for the most part I felt like other than some superb guest appearances it was a let down because I felt I already knew the product before I heard the album. Which in a lot of ways wasn’t good because the “Kiss My Ass” mixtape had allot better quality which was more raw and this was like cake without the pudding in the middle. Overall I’m giving this album a 2 and ½ out of 5 because of lack of depth, I expected more from the “Top 5 dead or alive”.

I honestly can't find one song on this album that I really like.

Come & Get me featuring S.I. & Sheek Louch & Cartel Gathering f. Shallah & Starks are the only songs that find somewhat interesting.

I like Jada, but to me he suffers from the same syndrome that Method Man suffers from on solo albums (Though, Meth isn't as bad as Kiss in my eyes).

This is album is a frisbee or coaster at best. And that's coming from a dude who likes Kiss.

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. This album does suck. What a shame because Jadakiss is a good rapper but he sucks at making solo albums LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.