Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slang mobb: The rott doggz ep

peace bronze

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

peeping man looks very dope, love the pi sign still gotta see the flick I keep telling you lol
    My Musik @
    www.myspace.com/mousetheprodigy
    grace&piece

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

All the tracks are mad dope, the hook for Cold Bones is just sinister, one of my favs,

The way you open up the EP is epic man,
    Eternal Prophets sets things off perfectly, great piano sample and the orchestra just set the right atmosphere, this is a very visual project in general, it paints a grim perspective but enough light shines through, as if you have storm clouds with silver lines, some I noticed are

SLEEP
    strangled by the rings cosmos surrounded saturn
    lightning struck the crosses that fell from temple vaticans

SLURCH - Spirit Howling at the light, Darkness only dark when you blinded perfect sight

the hook from "Peace God" remains one of my favs as well

"Peace God real, recognize real, real realize why the god be toting the steel"

"is it real life or what your mind feel like", reminds me of one of my tracks, "Believe it", Realize or Surrealize, ill concepts dude
    in general the ep is a great introduction to slang mobb and is well constructed with both intricate rhymes as well as a real entertainment value
    stay up...
    My Musik @
    www.myspace.com/mousetheprodigy
    grace&piece

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Looking forward to hearing this...

Quote Originally Posted by whers View Post
    Looking forward to hearing this...
    my dude whers...always official with it, hope u enjoy homie!!

DL LINK ON EVERY MEMBERS PAGE!!!

BUMP

Pioneer Of Cerebral Music The Prime Sithesizah's Avatar

This particular EP is for the streets ... just thorough all the way through.. there was a track called Block Poetry that caught my attention and how it was made as far as the beat was concerned.. smh crazii shit... and The Brix was another joint I was able to vibe to.. nonetheless.. this tape was exactly what I expected from you two... dope dope material coming from your own perspectives and as lyricists.. you guys are INTELLIGENT.. it'll be a while before people read between the lines of what you're sayin.. but overall... I highly recommend Hip-Hop lovers to download this.. Props to M.O.D as well.. Props to the whole Slang Mobb movement..
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

Like I said this is just a gritty album up and down. Much props to the homie M.O.D. on the boards.

All throughout the album plays like an early Mobb Deep album...

Life Lines is the first track that catches my ear on this album... real street shit. The hook fits in perfect... Sleep help this down crazy... "Its not how you move fam its all bout the sequence." "Man turn to machine when he seen god bleeding." A lot of dope quotables on this track.

The Brix is an older track I remember but one of my favorites on the album. The beat is crazy... the whole atmosphere of the track is on point. The hook is also nice...yall got that on lock.

Black Poetry... YEAH!! This Wooden Chainz guy is off the hook. This is the sencond beat I ve heard by him. All you guys held this track down. One of my favorites overall.

Cold Bones is another stand out... The bass is heavy ass hell on this. Sick sample. This is another older track that I remember. Sleep is on his finest with the flow on this. Hook is crazy.

Those are basically the stond out tracks for me. Again... whats killing me is the quality. For the next project remember that quality is going to be a key for a more comfortable listen. Like I said it played out nice like an old Mobb Deep album, minus the quality. M.O.D. Was off the chain with the samples, setting the mood nicely.

Overall I give this project 4/5

Props yall.

Peace

Yo really appreciate the reviews yall, really motivates us 2 keep up the dope material, its ill 2 see what yall was diggin the most so we can continue that vibe as well

the next project coming will be my solo lp "eyez wide shut" , this will be our 1st physical release so i really hope every 1 thats supporting this will dig that

again thanks 2 all who are givin this a chance we do this shit for u!!

Bump!!

ok guys ive given this ep a whole bunch of spins now and its real dope!! Its the first joint I heard from you guys other than the odd single track you put out and i have to say im impressed!!!

Sound quality is an issue but that doesnt stop it from being listenable and maybe the vocals could be eq'd a little better to help you stand out on the tracks a little more but at the end of the day its not a studio product so that can be forgiven!!! Overall this was a great package of beats and lyrics and each element compliments the other nicley!!! MOD did a superb job on the boards and blessed you with some truley amazing beats. The lyrics were interesting and nicley crafted throughout and there was some great hook work, my only concern here is that the delivery/flow is a bit samey I would like to personaly hear a bit more variety to make the listen even more enjoyable, although its dope sometimes it gets a bit mono-tone and I think you guys are more than capable of putting across a bit more emotion through your delivery!!

My absoloute fav off of this and Im not afraid to admit i cant stop bumping it is "eyes of a dogg" its just a flat out pure hip hop tune in every respect....crazy tune!! Other standouts are block poetry, the brix and cold bones (sick hook)!!!

If this is what you put out over the last couple of years I cant wait to hear what you got in store for us with your recent work!!

Quote Originally Posted by 7thgrandmantis View Post
    ok guys ive given this ep a whole bunch of spins now and its real dope!! Its the first joint I heard from you guys other than the odd single track you put out and i have to say im impressed!!!

Sound quality is an issue but that doesnt stop it from being listenable and maybe the vocals could be eq'd a little better to help you stand out on the tracks a little more but at the end of the day its not a studio product so that can be forgiven!!! Overall this was a great package of beats and lyrics and each element compliments the other nicley!!! MOD did a superb job on the boards and blessed you with some truley amazing beats. The lyrics were interesting and nicley crafted throughout and there was some great hook work, my only concern here is that the delivery/flow is a bit samey I would like to personaly hear a bit more variety to make the listen even more enjoyable, although its dope sometimes it gets a bit mono-tone and I think you guys are more than capable of putting across a bit more emotion through your delivery!!

My absoloute fav off of this and Im not afraid to admit i cant stop bumping it is "eyes of a dogg" its just a flat out pure hip hop tune in every respect....crazy tune!! Other standouts are block poetry, the brix and cold bones (sick hook)!!!

If this is what you put out over the last couple of years I cant wait to hear what you got in store for us with your recent work!!
    yo appreciate the feedback g, as i said previously we did the majority of this ep when we where 17 yrs old, and our mastering hadnt quiet been perfected at the time, htis is more or less a preview 2 the world nahmean? glad u feelin it tho g, good looks
    BUMP

I meant to check this since you hit me up but I been out of town a lot...I spun it once yesterday and again just now, overall the joint is dope, lotta grimey beats and gritty flows - for a longer album it might get more tired cuz a lot of the tracks are similar in their essence...lotta dope tracks on here but the mixing/quality is gonna kill replay value...some solid lyrics all over the place tho, my favorite joints are prob Peace God, Lifelinez and Cold Bones - i liked the spacey vibe of this beat and the flows matched it nicely..Block Poetry had a really dope beat...keep buildin, Peace

yo peace sinapse, feedbacks always appreciated, as i said previously, this is more or less a compilation of shit we've done over the past 1-2 years, we've came along way in our sound quality and overall mastering since then , i see that's the main qualm here, yall will be pleased with the upcoming joints, quality will be OFFICIAL, thanks again yall
    BUMP

Quote Originally Posted by Sleep Sinatra View Post
    yo peace sinapse, feedbacks always appreciated, as i said previously, this is more or less a compilation of shit we've done over the past 1-2 years, we've came along way in our sound quality and overall mastering since then , i see that's the main qualm here, yall will be pleased with the upcoming joints, quality will be OFFICIAL, thanks again yall
    BUMP
    No doubt, as I said dope shit all over the place on there, just being constructive and trying to pretend as if I never heard of ya'll and have no reason to give you a benefit of the doubt, with better quality and mixing this would have been a project with more replay value but regardless it's got some undeniable aspects in the emceeing and production - Peace

peace to Sinapse & 7th grand for the feed back

respect yall