Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best athletes in their own sport.....

Organic Poppy Evolves Steel-City Passion's Avatar

Default Best athletes in their own sport.....

College Football.....TERRELLE PRYOR, this kid will go down as the greatest qb to ever play the game..its a bold prediction for a sophomore, but just watch and wait..he can do it all!!

NHL.....Sidney Crosby, He proved in the series against Washington that he is better than ovechkin. Sidney made plays happen when the series was on the line! thats why he is the greatest in the league.

NBA.....Lebron, He doesn't have the rings that Kobe or anyone else has but in a matter of a few years he single handidly turned around a franchise...and he will have more rings than kobe in a few years..

NFL.....James Harrison and Tom Brady...I hate Brady but he wins games

MLB.....Manny Ramirez, he makes big plays
    the yellow brick road aint sweet at all / and its hard to live life with too much blood in your alcohol / numb minds combine to make the gulliest hoods / NBC primetime said we're misunderstood

Tiger woods - If you don't know, why you in the sports section?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steel-City Passion View Post
    College Football.....TERRELLE PRYOR, this kid will go down as the greatest qb to ever play the game..its a bold prediction for a sophomore, but just watch and wait..he can do it all!!

NHL.....Sidney Crosby, He proved in the series against Washington that he is better than ovechkin. Sidney made plays happen when the series was on the line! thats why he is the greatest in the league.

NBA.....Lebron, He doesn't have the rings that Kobe or anyone else has but in a matter of a few years he single handidly turned around a franchise...and he will have more rings than kobe in a few years..

NFL.....James Harrison and Tom Brady...I hate Brady but he wins games

MLB.....Manny Ramirez, he makes big plays
    you are such a yinzer... did everyone you pick have been born or played in pittsburgh?

i'm surprised you didn't pick jack wilson as the best baseball player

or Ian snell

Banned

holy shit B-rock, you must be from pittsburgh too if you know who ian snell is

Ovechkin > Crosby all day every day.

Don't get me wrong, I like Crosby a lot, but Ovechkin is just better in my opinion.

And there are other players in the league then Crosby and Oveckin, players like Datsyuk or Kane or Toews are great too.

Banned

You certainly know your stuff. You shall be repped.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by "X" View Post
    Tiger woods - If you don't know, why you in the sports section?
    He isn't an Athlete, there is a difference between a sportsman and an ahtlete. John Daly is a pretty good Golfer when he is concentrating and is sober, but does that make him an athlete?
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lakuu View Post
    Ovechkin > Crosby all day every day.

Don't get me wrong, I like Crosby a lot, but Ovechkin is just better in my opinion.

And there are other players in the league then Crosby and Oveckin, players like Datsyuk or Kane or Toews are great too.

ok, i live in pittsburgh, but i will be unbiased judging hockey talent.

ovechkin is a better offensive player than crosby. he is the most dominant offensive hockey player i have seen since mario lemieux. he is probably the best goal scorer i have ever seen. but....

ovechkin doesn't play defense. crosby does

ovechkin doesn't pass the puck. crosby does (better than anybody since gretzky)

ovechkin isn't a team player. crosby is. crosby would rather win a stanley cup and have malkin win the conn smythe trophy. ovechkin would rather win the conn smythe and have his team lose the stanley cup.

crosby is willing to drop the gloves if he has to, ovechkin won't.

therefore, crosby is a better hockey player.

datsyuk is a great player but he is a pussy. neidermayer beat the fuck out of him in game 5 of the last series. towes is a great player but nowhere near the caliber of player that ovechkin, crosby or malkin is. if you can't see that, then you have never watched them play hockey. sounds like you only watch the western conference teams play

ovechkin has at least 46 assists in every season he's played. that ain't too shabby dude, but yeah i can almost somewhat agree with you partially barely on maybe 1 or possibly 2 or so of the points you brought up.

IMO it is going to be so shitty if it is detroit-pittsburgh again and detroit wins. i could almost root for pittsburgh if they play detroit, just because it's so fucking gay that it's coming down to this exact fucking series. more than likely i will just pretend it never happened and do what i do every year. wait until next year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GZAjector View Post

IMO it is going to be so shitty if it is detroit-pittsburgh again and detroit wins. i could almost root for pittsburgh if they play detroit, just because it's so fucking gay that it's coming down to this exact fucking series. more than likely i will just pretend it never happened and do what i do every year. wait until next year.

penguins/redwings is going to be the next celtics/lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    ok, i live in pittsburgh, but i will be unbiased judging hockey talent.

ovechkin is a better offensive player than crosby. he is the most dominant offensive hockey player i have seen since mario lemieux. he is probably the best goal scorer i have ever seen. but....

ovechkin doesn't play defense. crosby does

ovechkin doesn't pass the puck. crosby does (better than anybody since gretzky)

ovechkin isn't a team player. crosby is. crosby would rather win a stanley cup and have malkin win the conn smythe trophy. ovechkin would rather win the conn smythe and have his team lose the stanley cup.

crosby is willing to drop the gloves if he has to, ovechkin won't.

therefore, crosby is a better hockey player.

datsyuk is a great player but he is a pussy. neidermayer beat the fuck out of him in game 5 of the last series. towes is a great player but nowhere near the caliber of player that ovechkin, crosby or malkin is. if you can't see that, then you have never watched them play hockey. sounds like you only watch the western conference teams play
    First of all, I somehow forgot to say Malkin, I was about to, but I forgot.

I mentioned Toews, Kane and Datsyuk, because they came first in my mind of the teams that are left. I agree there are a lot of better players.

About the Crosby vs. Ovechkin.

I agree with you on passing and team play. But about playing defense, Crosby is a center, Ovechkin is a winger. Wingers don't have to play that big defensive role as centers do.

And about physical game, I would choose Ovechkin over Crosby. Ovechkin hits a lot more.

Overall, its impossible to say who is better because they are so different players. I love them both, but I like Ovechkins playing style more.

Peace?

Nice game last night by the way, Malkin and Crosby were awesome. I wish 'Canes would have won tho.

I hope Chicago wins Detroit, because I hate Detroit. Fucking annoying swedes! Don't care who wins the Cup, just not Detroit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lakuu View Post
    I agree with you on passing and team play. But about playing defense, Crosby is a center, Ovechkin is a winger. Wingers don't have to play that big defensive role as centers do.

i understand that most hockey systems involve the center playing a more defensive role, but ovechkin plays none. ovechkin doesn't work his own defensive zone at all. he doesn't dig the pucks off the boards. he just cherry picks.

watch what happens when crosby steals the puck. the capitals are shorthanded. ovechkin needs to make more of an effort to get up and get back in the play. i understand there is nothing he could have done in this scenario, but crosby isn't that great on breakaways. ovechkin was penalty killing and he just stayed down on the ice watching.

Banned

they are both white stiffs compared to the KING

see below

Banned

so you'd rather have a stiff black guy than 2 white guys?