Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Basement Dwellaz: Depths of Darkness - Free DL

BITE YO FUKIN HEAD OFF JIGSAW45's Avatar

hot shit y'all!!! i caught the god of war sample for pagoda,thats my favorite game btw...gotta give it a few more spins b4 i can give better feed but so far i love the bonus joint,tale of arthur,into darkness(i like the back n forth thing,very nostalgic/rhymin in a cypher type feel),fields of war and of course the posse joint,props to all you guys...all yall styles complement each other well...lookin 4ward to puttin in alot more work with yall reall soon,peace yall 1

Peace Jig

Keep downloadin yall, spread the word!!

Peace

Peace Max and Ern, hope you enjoy

Bump that shit!!

SHAOLIN STUDENT

For those apprehensive to download, I have an album sampler up on my myspace page. Peep the link in my sig to check it out.
    noyzhiphop.bandcamp.com
    twitter.com/noyzhiphop

I posted the Sampler up on the first post, thanks for the reminder Noyz lol

Biggity Bump!!! lol

Damn People Are Sleeping On This.....But Yo I Just Downloaded This Imma Spin It Today And Give It A Few Listens And Come Back With A Honest Opinion

Ye heads are sleepin a little

Thanks for the Dl though Max, enjoy

yo this s a link for the album that is in .ZIP format not .RAR

i know some cats arent using .RAR file format

Peace

Depths of Darkness.zip - 82.95MB

Pioneer Of Cerebral Music The Prime Sithesizah's Avatar

Downloading..
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

Peace Prime

Hope you enjoy, always appreciate the feedback

This album caught me by surprise, def exceeded my expectations since I've never heard a release from BDZ before, so I guess I expected more of a "tape", this does feel like an album. I felt the production really pulled the album together, so major props to Noyz...the emceeing shows some excellent writing, but a lot of room for improvement in areas of flow, delivery and presence. Tried to keep it balanced with the review. Still the album is entertaining and listenable, keep building and those aspects are only gonna get more natural.

----

Intro is nice, I like how it sets the table and gets you thinking about personal battles and also poetry with the emphasis on impact of words at the end.

Fields of War - beat is nicely done, overall the beats on this album are dope...Menes sets it off proper, some of the best flowing up tempo from him and some of the clearest enunciation - which is think is prob his biggest technical weakness on some other verses throughout the album, just needs to pronounce shit more clearly to make it easier to listen to. Archangel sounded more comfortable on this joint then some others, the flow was just coming out. Bronze started off blazing, but toward the end of the verse the energy drops off. My main advice to you going forward is to work on having a more consistent level of raw energy, nothing forced, just a more powerful and convincing delivery, a lot of that is developing strong breath control..all comes with time if you put the work in!

Tales of Arthur - Gonna say a few words on Archangel in general...he can write. He has nice rhyme schemes and just words things well so his verses have lots of dope lines and usually some good imagery, also very good at story-telling style. The main thing to me is he needs to work on developing a smoother flow, faster and without as many pauses to suit his rhyme scheme style and also a more comfortable/expressive delivery and presence. He sounds tense a lot, like he needs to just relax and let it all come out more, that should actually help him express more emotion. This is a nice solo track, the writing is very intricate and the beat is fitting.

Lions and Wolves - this beat really gets me up and feeling hype after the first few tracks. Overall this joint is one of my favs, the beat is a nice element in the overall soundscape and this joint has some of the best emceeing imo, especially from Bronze - you came with the kind of energy and presence in this track that was lacking in some of your other verses.

Poetic Gems - cool beat, i think this vibe and beat tempo really suits Menes well, to me his rhyming/voice and flow jumped out more than some other joints on this one. Bronze your rhythm on this verse was kinda sketchy in the beginning but you had some dope lines "cold as Canadien Decembers", and you ended it strong. Archangel did a pretty good job on the slower flow on this one. The writing is excellent on this track and the beat is very dope.

Never Enough - lovin the beat, the bass guitar sample? is ill and overall i like the dark driving rhythm the beat has. Menes came hard and showcased some of his best emceeing on this joint, just good energy and flow matching the beat for the most part. Archangel's verse on this joint is one of my fav verses, writing is dope, flow and delivery falters slightly in spots but that is forgiveable with lines like "eventually people find, that in my mind, i always feel a point behind going into overtime/ laugh at your problems, but can't get over mine/"...."i argue with a double headed demon whenever I catch myself day dreamin"...nice lines, Bronze verse had some nice story telling imagery and I felt the variation in the beat was dope but it got a bit repetitive, if that addn. sample had some variation in it would have worked better imo, but overall one of my fav joints.

Interlude - this beat is very cool, i like the industrial feel that it has...the sample is cool like on some japanese curse tip, but to me it felt a bit out of place cuz the album isn't horror vibe dark imo, more poetic..but I also realize the following tracks are dark, so it's like an intro for that side of the album.

Into Darkness - I didn't like this track as much at first, but I've liked it more and more with additional listens cuz the writing is dope and it's dope how ya'll get down and vibe together on the writing like that.

Infected - Nice posse cut overall, PCP dropped some dope verses, Jig had some real dope lines and the verse built energy as it went on....outro sample is bizarre lol

Pagoda of Lost Hope - beat has a dope simple catchy vibe, it's repetitive but catchy enough to kinda get away with it, i felt like the sample was interfering with picking up the vocals a little tho in spots, which wasn't really a prob on other tracks - the mixing has been pretty good throughout, good job on that, but this track in spots was hard to hear the vocals.

One For The Road - excellent beat, fits the one for the road theme perfrectly imo, this is one of my favorite joints...Menes held it down on this and Bronze brought nice verse lyrically, but it's a verse where i felt like some more raw energry would have helped it hit harder. Noyz dropped a dope verse, grimey voice too, would like to hear more from Noyz on the mic. I felt this outro sample was fitting cuz it matched the darker side of the inner struggle theme that I thought was the biggest theme in the album.

Outro - Cool way to end it, sets up for the bonus material because the instrumental starts off like it's gonna be a drift away type outro...bonus material was nice.

-----

Overall this album was very solid for what seems to be a first effort, I mentioned some aspects of the emceeing that could use work throughout the track by track, but overall I feel like ya'lls strength on this project at least is the lyricism...Noyz impressed, the beats were well done throughout, the only thing that I can say is you will only get better was you learn to mix your beats even better and bring out the sounds/mesh them more, the beat arrangements and vibes are very dope, just need to refine the overall sound quality.

Favorite tracks are Lions and Wolves, Poetic Gems, Never Enough and One For The Road.

Peace to BDZ and Noyz!

Peace Sin

thanks for the dope ass review, it helps a lot. Gives me and im sure the rest of the group actual material to reflect on and improve from.

Peace

from Menes:

PEACE SIN!!!