Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Church Vs. God.

Default Church Vs. God.

Did they ever finish ODB's reality show?
    Last edited by TSA; 11-27-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Default Re: Church Vs. God.

very good points. While I believe in the divinity of jesus christ it is important to put aside one's own prejudice and emotion aside and analyze things. You are right, Constantine did seek to unify the official roman religion and "erase" all ties to Judaism. The Edict of Milan of 313 AD. was the document declaring Christianity legal but it was not until Theodosius in 390 AD. that declared Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire. Many scholars, especially Edward Gibbon in his book Decline & Fall of the Roman Empire will argue that this conversion and abandonment of traditional pagan roman beliefs led to Rome's downfall but that's a different topic.
    It is also true that the founders of Christianity did not intend for it to be what it is now. In fact, they had no clue that it would be what it is.
    I'm not sure about your claim that it was the Romans who added or took away from the Scriptures to make Jesus more god-like. What i do know is that the very Gospels themselves (before any Roman intervention) already show an interesting contradiction. Contrary to common belief, Mark is known now to be the oldest of the Gospels. After which comes Mathew, Luke, and finally John. This order is attributed to the fact that Mathew "borrows" about 90% of Mark. Luke uses 50%. Mark has no birth story and portrays Jesus in his final years. Mathew introduces the virgin birth and portrays him more human. Luke is the popular x-mas story since it is soft and reader-friendly. John by far is the most mystical portrayal of Jesus.
    The Gospels are believed the come from an unknown "source" book called Q or Quelle.

Also check out the variations of the crucifixion ending.
    Mark & a Mathew ------"Father why have you forsaken me?"
    Luke --------"Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit"
    John-----------"It is finished"
    Interesting how they don't exactly flow or agree with one another.
    While I don't rule out the possibility that Rome had something to do with much of the "mutation" of the original Scripture, I don't think they had everything to do with it.
    Nonetheless, an excellent post Shaolin Assassin.Sometimes in order to find the truth, we must question our own beliefs.

well that's all nice but what about the reality show, dirts my nigga

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin
    well that's all nice but what about the reality show, dirts my nigga
    LMAO..

"Yep"

to me a church is a fucking building, just like a school, buisness a house wtv ect..., and "The Church" meaning the pope ect.. are just scamming people to belive in God, which is somthing people can do without money, peopel are soo ignorent, i swear it.......

fuck the church, i belive in god

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by Intellekt
    to me a church is a fucking building, just like a school, buisness a house wtv ect..., and "The Church" meaning the pope ect.. are just scamming people to belive in God, which is somthing people can do without money, peopel are soo ignorent, i swear it.......

harsh but then its the truth

faith is free and not restricted to credit..

ok i see the church just as the building but the institution needs a change.. there i see the distinction.

peace and blessingz

Tian Xia

i don't believe in god or anything along those lines, but i think religion takes advantage of peoples insecurities and charges them money for the pleasure

religion = biggest business worldwide

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by Fragmented
    i don't believe in god or anything along those lines, but i think religion takes advantage of peoples insecurities and charges them money for the pleasure

religion = biggest business worldwide
    generalisation

religion is not united.. and ironically therefore assumes that religions have different ways of being what it is..

the religion u r most likely are talkin about is christianity, especially the catholic church.. tho in defence of christianity also.. not all the churches do that.. there are branches that dont agree with this business trend as u mentioned

peace n blessingz
    pb

Tian Xia

actually all the main 4 religions have a tax of some sort involved

Prince Rai

actually all the main 4 religions have a tax of some sort involved
    and are u aware of the uses of any "taxes" gathered?

Tian Xia

yes i am quite aware of what the intended uses of that money is, but the reality is it's business like anything else, i've seen alot of this happen first hand in mosque churches and synagogs, guardwara's temple etc, see the problem with this is as with any religion is, people.

Prince Rai

yes i am quite aware of what the intended uses of that money is, but the reality is it's business like anything else, i've seen alot of this happen first hand in mosque churches and synagogs, guardwara's temple etc, see the problem with this is as with any religion is, people.
    do u know where the money from the mosque goes?

Tian Xia

well you have you islamic tax. the 2.5% one, you have the giving on a friday.

see prince i have no beef with the honest people in religion but the problem with it is that not all snakes show their fangs to the public, i've seen these so called sheikh's and imman's abusing these donations making themselves richer, the basic principles of the islamic tax and donations is good hearted but the reality is that alot of the time the perversion of men ruin this

peace and blessing

Prince Rai

well you have you islamic tax. the 2.5% one, you have the giving on a friday.

see prince i have no beef with the honest people in religion but the problem with it is that not all snakes show their fangs to the public, i've seen these so called sheikh's and imman's abusing these donations making themselves richer, the basic principles of the islamic tax and donations is good hearted but the reality is that alot of the time the perversion of men ruin this

peace and blessing
    peace fragmented... i agree there is corruption.. but its not everywhere nahmean?

most religions kept 2 core teachings are ok.. when man corrupts it.. dats what drags us down

peace n blessings frag

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by Intellekt

damn thats nicely said peace man