Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Prelude To The Odyssey" -FREE Sinapse album, produced by Complex Realmz

BITE YO FUKIN HEAD OFF JIGSAW45's Avatar

downloading it now...aint been on in a few days. i'm sure this will be some flames as usual.be back with some feed soon,peace

yo just wanted 2 slide thru an say peace on this shit, mad original album, most original ive heard in a minute, sinapse u rip shit lyrically all throughout, stand out track for me would probably have 2 be Background Radiation, just the delievery and subject matter combined with the wordplay is ill, good shit yo

^
    Yo thanks a lot Sleep, sounding original is the best compliment we can get....

Word @ Skampoe, I see you were listening...

Keep downloading and lettin us know what ya'll think!!!

PEACE

Pioneer Of Cerebral Music The Prime Sithesizah's Avatar

Sinapse + Complex = Beyond The Term "Lost For Words".. a super lyrical emcee with a super creative producer.. and they suite each other's styles perfectly... I HIIIIGGHHLY suggest everyone, literally everyone, to download this...
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

Pioneer Of Cerebral Music The Prime Sithesizah's Avatar

Gonna promote this RIGHT NOW...
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

^
    Yo thanks a lot Prime, for real. Spreading the word/link and helping get this free album out and into people's ears to build my name, and Plex's as well, is the best support ya'll can give us right now, so thanks again man...PEACE
    Last edited by Sinapse; 06-02-2009 at 12:02 PM.

dope im coppin it now ill be back with a review after i listen..peace yall

damn yo you guys did a great job man, plex is holdin it down on the boards nice and you killing it...this album is a lot to manifest on a first listen but my fav joint is The Unknown so far, as you goin in the track is just blows up man you rocked taht shit nice...peace

Quote Originally Posted by ERN-DAWGY View Post
    damn yo you guys did a great job man, plex is holdin it down on the boards nice and you killing it...this album is a lot to manifest on a first listen but my fav joint is The Unknown so far, as you goin in the track is just blows up man you rocked taht shit nice...peace
    Yo, thanks a lot Ern!

Yeah it's def the kinda album that'll open up more after repeated listens...

Plex was an animal on the boards, these beats were really creative and this project is what it is because of the production for sure, so shots to Plex all day...

PEACE

^
    No doubt.

Keep downloading and let us know what ya'll think!!!

Don't sleep on this, it's a FREE album

Peace Sin

Imma get you a review real soon, loving this joint though, fresh sounds with mad creativity. I think this is an album that you gotta sit down and really vibe with before you can even think of writing a review anyways.

Ill be back soon, Peace

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Intro - Really smooth beat to set the tone.

Heatwave Sessions - The pianos! Plex did a beautiful job on this beat. Lyrically, this is my favorite joint as well. Sin, you have a really dope and intricate writing style where nearly every syllable in each bar is rhymed with something else, so it takes repeated listens just to catch where each phrase syncs up in the structure of the bar. 10/10

'Its like satisfying people man, its never enough/
    everything I've done in life, it just lessens my trust/'

'If they're saying hip hop's dead, then I'm guessing I'm a zombie/
    Roaming the streets hoping to meet the wack, bogus and weak/
    so I can attack, crack their dome open and eat/'

Background Radiation - Love the violins here, and the drums bang hard. The rhymes match the overall mood and tone of the beat really well. Just a perfect match of MC and producer. 9/10

The Unknown - The flow on the first few bars is insane here. There are a lot of layers to the beat here, and it sorta reminds me of Stoupe on Psycho-Social. The chopped up computer blips in the background are a bit off-setting, and I'm still not totally feeling that part of the beat. 8.5/10

Lifted - The opening part of the verse has some good imagery, but sounds a little too much like any other ode to weed track. The lyrics greatly improve though when you talk about the history of weed laws and the politics behind it. The beat is really chill and fits the content well. Overall a nice track to just vibe to. 8/10

Controlled Chaos - Really interesting and unique beat here. Rhymes are also top notch. In terms of sound quality, this was my least favorite track. In my headphones, the echo behind your verse makes it hard properly hear some of the intricacies of the beat. 8.5/10

Interlude - Really feeling the beat here. Sounds like vintage Pete Rock. Just sucks that its only a minute and a half long! I could hear you flow on this all day. 9/10

Lo Fly - One of the standouts on the album. Songs like this just inspire me to write harder. 'When you got all the skills, but none of the connections'. 10/10

I'll be back with my review for the rest of it soon. What happens with me a lot times when I listen to a really dope album with a lot of tracks on it is I tend to get stuck replaying the first half of it, so it takes me a while to get around to the rest of it. The interesting thing here is that this is only 35 minutes long, so that's a testament to how ill this joint really is.
    noyzhiphop.bandcamp.com
    twitter.com/noyzhiphop

yo!you cats killed this shit!you cats make a good team and all the joints are pure fire!
    the lyrics and beats flow well and everything is on point!this project is one of the best to come out of the corp!keep doing what you cats is doing.

Intro - Really sets the tone of the album off, real spaced out sound, with laidback vibe to it, brings you into everything nice. And im defo feelin what Sin is saying on there.

Heat Wave Sessions - From the intro to this, it flows really nicely, especially like how what you say in the intro leads into the jump off lyrics of this track. The flow on this track is also incredible, mad switches in the flows. The beat is a monster, theres a lot for different sounds but the dont collide but blend nicely.

Background Radiation - Right away when i first listened, this was a standout track. Beat, flow, delivery etc. all fantastic. "Always red eyes bright, Jedi knight" <--- ill fuckin line. This definitely was one of my favourite tracks on the album, not much more to say about it other then its a beast.

The Unknown - Grew to become my favourite track on the album. Beat is really minimal, but has mad switch ups and added sounds. The lyrics are probably some of the most effective on there, and the flow is unstoppable. At 1:46 on so on..... you cant touch that shit lol. Just one of those blackout tracks, very, very dope. "Im so '97, but my flows 9/11, dont know where i am, but it might be heaven" <-- POTENT shit!!!

Lifted - Smoke that shit!!! Damn man that beat is ment for smoking herbals too. Love the lyrics and it definitely fits the vibe of the album and one of the best smoking songs ever. GOD DAMN!!, the beat makes me twist one ever time and burn that shit down. The lyrics are dope but its the flow on this track that makes it more so, and the beat of course(its that damn like video game flute sound lol). And when i say this i aint lyin' but, everytime i pause the album to get high hahahahahaha then i move on.

Controlled Chaos - This track sounds more like Revolution but has something about it that separates it from that sound. The beat is another monster, one of my favourites, lots of changes and the drums are that marching, rum pum pum type shit!! and Sin, damn man, very militant approach, not with the words so much, it just has a very strategic structure to it, the flow is machine gunnin'. Just CHAOTIC!! lol

Interlude(Parlayin') - I almost think this track should have followed up after Lifted but it is a very dope track. The beat is laidback and the lyrics fits nicely, lots of dope wordplay.

Lo Fly - Definitely a stand out track. Beat is epic, some crazy fuckin sounds!!!
    "Hearts are explodin, the passion(?), we car jackin' the moment"<--- aint that some shit!! Top 5 track on the album for sure, and one of the best parts is the shout out verse for Plex very well put together.

Down the Alley - Dark fuckin track!! Like the transfer from Lo Fly to this, matches up nicely. The chorus is very dope, usually i dont give lots of attention, as far as meaning, to a chorus in tracks, but this caught my attention. Very aggresive flow from Sin which brings it back to the Revolution type sound, which aint a bad thing lol.

Unchained - Beat right away catches the ear, wild sound!! Minimal like the Unknown and how it rises in volume is a dope touch. Sin shines on this track too, nice flow and dope lyrics. Then when the sample flips about half way through, Plex man, WHAT THE FUCK!! lol

Seesaws - Some VERY deep material on this one. First off beat is crazy, shit is actually beautiful, the sample, drums, everything is workin, with each other. And Sin speakin on some shit. You can't hate this track, but it definitely needs to be listened to on some headphones, to take it all in. " I'd rather feel cold, if it helps me see more"

Sunset - Has the perfect beat for an outro track, just has that sound that makes you feel like it the end of something or somethings changing. Its also a nice flow into this from Seesaws, both are similar type tracks, imo. Sin has some really interesting lyrics, almost sounds like he's talking to someone else in the track, other then the listener, if that makes sense lol.

Overall - Very, very dope album, especially for free lol, im playin. This is definitely some of Sinapses best work lyrically. Each track has a nice mix of flow and lyrics, with plenty of variation throughout the album and within each track. Complex also presents some of the best work i have heard from him, albeit limited lol, but it is very high in quality, very creative and unique sounding. Standout tracks to me are: Heat Wave Session, The Unknown, Lo Fly and Seesaws. In my opinion both artists are in there PRIME, and can't wait to hear more from both of them. Together i will call this group SinaPlex!! Cause they are creating movie music.

Peace!!