Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Prelude To The Odyssey" -FREE Sinapse album, produced by Complex Realmz

Noyz - thanks a lot for the track by track! I really appreciate that and def lookin' forward to your thoughts on the remaining tracks...

---

Thanks a lot Lord B...appreciate you checkin' out the joint and coming thru the thread...we are def gonna keep doing we are doing!!! This joint here is the beginning of a journey we settin' off...

---

Yooooo Bronze, that is a really dope review, I appreciate how much you get into the music and really take it all in...thanks a lot for taking the time to type up your thoughts.

Peace for all the feedback!

Keep downloading and def help us spread the word!!

PEACE

LOL @ Sinaplex... Dope review Bronze.

REp Added.

Keep bumping this heat yall!

BITE YO FUKIN HEAD OFF JIGSAW45's Avatar

Peace my dude...once again u dropped another gem.props to plex as well,yall definitely got bizzy on this project.my favorite joints are unchained,seesaws,sunsets, and heat wave sessions. the whole album is crazy,i just like those the most,again...u know a good album when u put it on and just let it rock all the way thru...props my dude,peace

Veteran Member

the project is ill nice work from both of yall...

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Down The Alley - The beat reminds me of "Through Blood By Thunder" on the last AOTP album, but its much more well done here. The way your voice picks up in intensity at the right time with the beat is sick. 'Nothing in the universe that equals my disgust'. 9/10

Unchained - It amazes me sometimes how you spit such dense verses without taking a breath. I can't even make out if you punched in or not, so that is some serious breath control. In terms of production, this is my least favorite beat on the album. It's not a bad beat by any means, but it sounds underwhelming next to a lot of the other ones on here. 7.5/10

Seesaws - I'm speechless over this joint. Lyrically, this song is so deep and I can relate with you totally on this one. The beat is incredible. Sounds like something Blue Sky Black Death would do. Not much else to say. Beautiful joint. 'I'd rather feel cold if it helps me see more'. 10/10

Sunsets - All the hooks are well done on the album, but this one is the most well written. Love how the strings come in for it. The beat is relaxed, but has a mournful sort of feel to it. Perfect choice for the closer. 9/10

Overall, this is dope album. You can tell a lot of time and effort was put into the beats and rhymes, and the pairing of Plex and Sin is a perfect match between writer and producer.
    noyzhiphop.bandcamp.com
    twitter.com/noyzhiphop

Peace Jig and Schizo!! Thanks for checking out the project ya'll, keep bumpin that and spread the word for us!!

Noyz thanks for coming thru and completing the review, it's really helpful for me...on the issue of breath control, you can hear me breath every once in a while man!!! lol I don't punch in on the long rhymes like Unchained, only when the track has a hook or an obvious break, I memorize all my rhymes and practice them a lot, also I have learned how to rap more calmly which goes a long way for breath control...my philosophy is that I should be able to perform any track I do on wax live, I am not a fan of "studio tricks" so to speak...although I did punch in when I started making music, out of necessity. Thanks again homie, PEACE

good lookin out to everyone takin time to listen... glad heads is feelin it, we got much more in store... peace 2 sinapse holdin me down on here, we def buildin on somethin big... like sin said this only the prequel so stay tuned

peace

Thanks again to those that have downloaded and for all the feedback!!! Please help up spread the music, we need to get the number of downloads on this project up!!

If you haven't peeped this, don't sleep on it!!! We really put in the work to create an original sounding record so check the joint out, it's free....

PEACE

Damn At Heatwave......Best Song On The Joint I Gave This A Few Spins That Dat We Spoke .....My Guy Is Gonna Put Heatwave On The Radio Wendsday ....Its Only A College Station But Its Still Broadcasted All Over Milwaukee 91.7 WMSOE I Dont Know When Thou ....He'll Call Me

Peace

^
    Thanks a lot Max...appreciate you spreading the music man! That's good to know, let me know if it goes down...PEACE

Pioneer Of Cerebral Music The Prime Sithesizah's Avatar

I havent stopped playing "The Unknown" since I downloaded this.. make no mistake.. this entire album is RAW and one of the illest tapes Ive ever heard.. but that track inspired my latest beats yo...
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

Quote Originally Posted by The Prime Sithesizah View Post
    I havent stopped playing "The Unknown" since I downloaded this.. make no mistake.. this entire album is RAW and one of the illest tapes Ive ever heard.. but that track inspired my latest beats yo...
    Peace Prime...def appreciate those words!

Intro: Real nice mellow beat good one to start with, I actually like the spoken word as well cos on first listen it prepares you to listen with an open mind!!!! Whether the spoken word will ware thin over time or not and become skippable i dont know but I hope not cos the beat is dope and that should be enough to keep us away from the skip button!!

Heatwave sessions: Beat is sick!! A perfect combination of mellow and Grimey and a lovley use of pianos IMO. The first thing I notice on Sins part is the new laid back fllow as well as dope flow switch's and crazy breath control and the usual well thought out lyrics.

Background radiation: Nice spacey vibe and great drums!! Sin matched it up with some great spacey science lyrics that im sure went wasted on my dumb arse lol but I still managed to be impressed by what I did pick out. The only let down for me was the hook which I wasnt feeling to much personally.

The unknown: One of my fav beats of the album a classic hip hop vibe but still very plex. Sin.................... Damn that breath control is on another level, mad serious props on that fam, you got circular breathing on lock now!!! its a long verse but you added lots of nice little subtle switches to keep the ear which I thought was dope!!! Nice concept too, def one of my overall favs!!

Lifted: Nice mellow beat perfect for the subject matter IMO!! Def a different approach on the rhymes to your typical cliche weed rap for the most part and an interesting listen! Another one of my personal favs here!!!

Controlled Chaos: Dope beat with a very interesting melody, certainly unlike anything Ive heard before!! I gotta admit this is my least fav track tho but I do like it and it grows on me with each listen. I think in time as I pick up more lines in the controlled chaos of it all, it will be more of a standout but its def a grower!! The flow and switches tho are out of this world and A+ for the term "Grammer hammers" lol!!!

Parlayin: Man I love this beat, sounds like mall music plexified lol and its real dope mad props son!!! "sizing me up me up since Mom's first ultra sound" + " How can Sheep be riding bitch in the driver seat" Nuff said!!!

LO-Fly: Boi this joint is the shit and my personal fav!! Amazing fat synthy bass that almost sounds like it's living and breathing. Sin again with that real chilled low back flow thats been prominent throught the album so far and is a very different approach from re-evo and Recon and a vast improvement I feel!! And all done in 2/3 months......crazy!!! I really like the hook on this as well it just sounds really cool!!

Down The Ally: The bass and Kicks on this is bonkers and a real spacey vibe over the ruggedness to boot! mad props plex your building mad textured beats!!! grimier delivery, Great hook and impecable flow!! Fuck me tho when you dropped " Music inducin confusion, like rubix cubic soloutions, a ruthless human computin brutal beautiful muses " My jaw nearly dropped off lol!!!!!!

Unchained: Great beat, grimey low end yet light and bouncy at the same time, Nice concept from sin and some great punchlines too boot lol at Hater-ade!!

Seesaws: This beat is incredible lots of incredible layers and that chello is haunting man, mad props again!!! Another great concept track almost like Newton's physics meets rap lol, lots of great lines and overall a very deep and solid track! one of my favs again!!

Sunsets: Plex the vocal sample is enchanting fam and your drum work is nutsssss on this!!!! Great way to finish the album off "my life is a beautiful train wreck, the divine derailed me" + " Thats why i stay writing musical rain checks" = dopeness!!!

Overall I think Plex showed that he finds it difficult to make a whack beat lol, incredible work fam mad props!!! Sin has shown amazing growth in just a few months IMO esapecially where delivery is concerned he is far more laid back and isnt shout rapping as much which I think is an improvement. To top it all off I still listen to this pretty much everyday day so it cant be bad lol, props guys and I look forward to your future projects!!
    Last edited by Boss_Digger; 06-10-2009 at 03:03 PM.

^
    Thanks 7th, really appreciate the track by track!!

---

Plex and I really feeling the love on this project, the response has been great - so thanks to ya'll that have downloaded and left feedback - however, the download numbers are dragging ass and I get the feeling that beyond core fam and fans people aren't even downloading...this project needs to spread more...it's a crazy time in 2009, it's hard to get people to d/l your music let alone buy it, lol

Peace

FRESH FISH

shit is dope, lyrics all day