Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Prelude To The Odyssey" -FREE Sinapse album, produced by Complex Realmz

Yo how did the show go on Friday Sin?

What tracks did you do?

Peace

Peace sin I listen to this tape dailey,

beats are fantastic, like nothin i heard before
    flows and lyrics are like some fresh air , this is wat the game needs!
    I bump this shit like i bump tha Wu, truth!!

one of my favorite artist right now no doubt,

PEACE

Love the consistent feel of the album. Sunsets is my favorite lycrically and production wise. cant wait to hear the next one u guys do.

What up..thx to those checkin and downloading the album. I been mad busy and not checkin' other people's shit, so I def appreciate ya'll coming thru even tho I been mostly ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
    Yo how did the show go on Friday Sin?

What tracks did you do?

Peace
    Show went well Bronze, thanks for asking...

I did in order: The Knife, Heat Wave, The Unknown, Cant Take It Anymore, and Lo Fly...

I'm actually trying to get the video still, it was my first show so I didn't feel totally comfortable but it was a blast and I'm really looking forward to my next one on the 31st at the Trocadero here in PHilly which is a much more prominent venue...was a great learning experience, I figured out that some of my faster, longer joints don't translate as well on stage, so right now I'm putting together a set that is more individual verses and some new joints I'm working on with a live show in mind, tryna make shit a little more easy to digest and catchy for shows where not everyone knows my songs.

Quote Originally Posted by menes View Post
    Peace sin I listen to this tape dailey,

beats are fantastic, like nothin i heard before
    flows and lyrics are like some fresh air , this is wat the game needs!
    I bump this shit like i bump tha Wu, truth!!

one of my favorite artist right now no doubt,

PEACE
    Yoo, Menes, I appreciate that deeply...sometimes it's frustrating cuz it's so saturated and difficult to get people to listen, but when cats hit me with a comment like that it makes we wanna go hit the lab and raise the bar even higher...Respect...

Quote Originally Posted by sobhiphop View Post
    Love the consistent feel of the album. Sunsets is my favorite lycrically and production wise. cant wait to hear the next one u guys do.
    Thanks for checkin SOB, like I said I been busy so I ain't been checkin' people's music, but I'm def gonna give Cult Classics a spin...I fell out of touch with Nemonic, but I'm curious to see how you both have grown...thanks again for checkin this...PEACE

Check it yall.

checkin in..sin's nasty..look out for sinful entelligence

Upping for the uninformed...

If you missed this, download it NOW

The next project from Realmz and I (not The Odyssey) is almost done

PEACE

Long Due Review...

Intro - "Be hip hop, but dont be afraid to experiment..."

Heat Wave Sessions - Melody is sick Plex. Real dirty joint. Sin you are a beast on this one... What impressed me the most about this track was your flow.... "triple digit zizzle sin would spit a freakin missle I am so angry at the music, I ll think I ll whip it with a pistol --- kick bars, puch lines and chocked down verses, smoked down murking all with my slowdown versions"... Hook is sick... A bunch of dope lines certain cats wont get... "52-2-44's.... Thats genius right there...

Background Radiation - "I rock a rocket launcher, you lames holding a pen, I dont rap on this planet so i am way over the head, 3-2-1 lift off the cycher celestial ..." "Rappers saying they cold, but dont know that i am 3 calvin... almost absolute 0, we lacking true heros, theres nothing to sum up, its like adding two 0's" LOL! "These cats so regular I rather rap in the nebula..." You wild for this track Sin. Now to the beat... joint sounds just like the tittle... drum game is nasty on this Plex. Big ups for this track yall, one of my favs.

The Unknown - One of the best Sin joints ever. Just non stop gem spitting, never fall off beat, and the breath control is crazy on this. "Man I am so 97 but my flows 9/11/ dont know where I am, but I know it might be heaven... And lol @ all the kanye bitters and the Cory gunz clones line. "I learn how to take suggestions and wipe my ass with them"... word up man... this joint is 100% hip hop... "I am still unknown today, but maybe not tomorrow, I am just one show away... Thats the mentality that cats need nowadays... fuck all these E rapping shit, its cool but doing shows, and getting your music out to people outside the net is where its at.

Lifted - Ahhh Plex this is fresh!! Those flutes are somthing else. Your digging game is flawless man. And man the way those snares keep poppin on the track is sick. REal relaxing. Sin I know you love the trees man haha. "And when it comes to taste see I am quite phyckyl, I preffer white widow, with a hint of sprite skittles, I get high chizle sculptures, then write riddles, and make my mind sizzle and create sky ripples... Its dope that throught the whole track you actually wrote about the history of Weed... And just the imagery on the track is dope..."its like an ocean of green" you took the topic somewhere else, unlike the I am high all the time raps I ve done heard a million times. Taking tracks soemehwere else...thats where its at.

Controlled Chaos - This joint is wild. One of my favorites on the album. This is a joint that some may really love, or really dislike, just because of how out of control it is. The beat is Plex showing off his talent to the max. I ve never heard a beat like this in my life. Very sick wild joint. The flow Sin is carrying on this track is bananas. Riding a beat like this is a task I bet... I wish I could sit down and catch and write every line from 1:18 to 1:56 smh... crazy rapid fire flow. "If my flow was water, it be filling an ocean, and drown the whole world about feeling even a little emotion" Yup... this track is bananas.

Interlude (Parlayin) - Smooth beat, feeling the cymbal rides on the drums plex. What I kicks classic/ my kicks classic air-maxes 95, writing rhymes like a 9 to 5, lost my j.o.b. bars like payote, parlay a pound of profit of of 8 oz's/ thats doubled, I can tripple and stand on 3rd base word play and quadruple the worth of my work-rate"--- cant be seen by emcees who spit average shit... Lost your mind on this joint.

Lo Fly - The anthem. "we keep it lo fly, we keep it lo fly!" And my cortex is a maze, fuck the norm I summon storms, I am a vortex on the page, got more plex on the brain, the SPB, the beats knock, master of geology specialty heat rocks!" ... "I mean yall make songs, I paint pictures all day long". the sickness dont stop... "My brains an armory" just that line is crazy lol. Crazy track.

Down the Alley - Darkest joint on the album. Feeling the way Plex builds the anticipation with the pitch switches. The voices that come in and out are crazy... gives the beat more character. Sins comes in real raw, with dope flows all over. "I ll take you downt he alley where we seranate the silent...." That section there is crazy. Its dope that this track was placed here, bringing something a little diff as far as sound.

Unchainned - Very diff. kind of beat. Very creative, but it just never seems to grow on me, and I ve been listening to this album for months. I have a hard time getting into the track. Sin did a good job riding the beat.

Seesaws - "Riding deep thoughts like seesaws" Best track on the album IMO. This beat is so crazy, and Sin looses his mind, on the written. The Imagery to me is what gets me about this track. "A burned house of cards, truth I ve chosen to bare" "Its also primitive, tell me what are we chassing, we all wanth sex, but how much love are we making?.. we live of the earth its our blood that we're tasting/ and if we dissapeer then the mother keeps aging, so dont forget that the future is fragile its a war fam, the ox's are loosing a castle, humanity murked we loosing a battle/ how we get up the creek, while we using a pattle, and thats exactly how the truth is unrabbled/ and thats exactly why my booth is chapple, where I ponder a sermon on technology" God damn this track has some of the Sickest segment of a verse I ve heard in a minute. "at the end I ll be a fighter, cause I ve been a lover first/ I submitted and admitted as I script another verse, and use my bars as bricks to build another church, I worship deep thoughts life seesaws, the bitter sweet, the misery - the rewards I rather feel cold if it helps me see more.... i rather feel cold if it helps me see more"

Sunsets - "yo the world turns to sunsets, one birth one death, love hurt and unrest" Way to set it off. "Most days so high, smoked out and chased the sky, over the horizon, find a way to make it right..." "I dint want to grow up, I rather die naive" Thats so true at times, especially when you grow up and witness the ugly in life. Really feeling that line because of its truthfulness. Very unique sounding beat by Mentals. I love joins where the vocals run throught the whole track like that. Favorite beat on the album and 2nd fav track on the album. This joint to me is worthy of radio play just beacuse I can see a lot of people relating to this. "Deep in love I see the sun, through an ever fallen rain" smh @ the imagery. Flawless track.

Overall -- I bump this project a couple of times a month, when I want to sit down and hear some deep shit. Very experimental unique beats, and out of this world lyrics, and some wild flows. Some will sleep on it, and never listen to it, but its an amazing album with great replay value... just 12 track. Big ups to both Sinapse and Complex... I know it took me a while to write this review, but you guys know how I feel about the project regardless of whether I wrote it or not.

Peace yall... Looking forward to future projects.
    Last edited by 12weLvE; 11-16-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 12weLvE View Post
    I know it took me a while to write this review, but you guys know how I feel about the project regardless of whether I wrote it or not.
    Yeah man, you know it wasn't necessary to write all that up but I know Realmz prob appreciates as much as I do...Thanks a lot

The album may get slept on in cyberland but it's enjoying some attention locally, a few local underground mix cds have had various PTTO tracks - people love Lifted, and I do tracks like The Unknown and Lo Fly live, so yeah this project is alive and well...eventually I'm going to press it up to include as a bonus disc for a future LP

Peace

Werd up!

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!