Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are there any part 2 movies better than part 1's?

the dark knight >> batman begins

Targetmaster Choice

Quote Originally Posted by SMH View Post
    the dark knight >> batman begins
    Def.^
    Transformers ROTF.....bet.
    Matrix 2.

Wu-Tang Forever.......biggest understatement EVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-B-Killed View Post
    Matrix 2.
    No. Stop it.

beneath the planet of the apes,,.,

yup ..the dark knight kicked batman begins in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street View Post
    i know yall gonna say i'm wrong but i thought Friday After Next was better than the 1st two

i know Friday is a classic but i laughed more and harder watchin the 3rd

also Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
    NO and NO

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post

attack of the clones (i didn't like the phantom meance but it was a nice lil back story)

My god, you can't be serious, a really stale love story mashed together with about 4 good scenes in the end. gimme a fucking break, everybody knows that's the worst one, everybody.

predator 2

Are you fucking crazy?

aliens

Two words: Paul Reiser,

get the fuck outta here, Alien was a classic, Aliens is a James Cameron steaming dump.

rambo ii - First of all, there's no such movie. Second, no.
    If you truly believe what you are saying here, you have close to the worst taste in movies I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodspitta View Post
    Blade II hahahahahahahahah, no
    X-Men II ..........NO
    dark knight
    batman returns......cmon, you can't be fucking serious. Jack Nicholson versus Danny Devito in a fat suit, for all intents and purposes he doesn't need.
    ghost in the shell 2
    x-men 2
    spider-man 2
    godfather 2
    star trek ii: the wrath of khan....actually a good one
    empire strikes back
    attack of the clones
    t2:judgment day[/quote]

some of these are really laughable.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

^^^Stephen Dorff aside Blade II is superior in every way. Story, effects, characters, you name it.

X-Men 1 needed a bigger budget, made it look kinda corny in parts which is why it doesn't stand up next to the 2nd.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Banned

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls?
    Matrix Reloaded?
    Friday After Next? (that was the third film so I don't know why that mentioned.)

These aren't serious suggestions, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    The dark knight

empire strikes back

attack of the clones (i didn't like the phantom meance but it was a nice lil back story)

predator 2

aliens

wu-tang forever (lol)

rambo ii

dbz (lol)
    I have to pull you up here.

Firstly, is Dark Knight really a number 2? Alright, it is the second Nolan film but the Batman series is like James Bond, shit just keeps going on and on. If you want to get technical then Batman 1989 is the second of the Batman films.

Predator 2? No fucking way. Arnie vs Danny Glover?? Gary fucking Hambone Busey? Nah, sorry, Predator is so far ahead of Predator 2 it isn't funny.

First Blood part 2? Fuck no. First Blood is one of the greatest movies that was RUINED by having a part 2,3 and 4. The way they destroyed the John Rambo character into some bullshit homicidal maniac completely fucked up the legacy of the first film.

Alien is also far superior to the rest of the franchise but Aliens was still pretty good, just not next level like Alien

Also, you can't name Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones when they're part of the same series.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

hot shots 2 lol y'all remember?

^^^Stephen Dorff aside Blade II is superior in every way. Story, effects, characters, you name it.

X-Men 1 needed a bigger budget, made it look kinda corny in parts which is why it doesn't stand up next to the 2nd.

Oh well, the fact that you used an emoticon put me in my place. Just one question, do you know what a plot is? Didn't think so.

You know, rather than get into a philosophical argument with you, I'll let a consensus do all the work for me.

IMdb

Blade 6.9
    Blade II 6.6

X-Men 7.4
    X-2 7.9

Oh look at that, you were right about the X-men sequel after all. good job. Not that I can remember having seen that more than once anyway.
    Last edited by brock; 06-04-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Yes I do know what a plot is thanks. And the emoticon was to show I'm not taking this too seriously which is something you clearly are doing.

And do you know what it means to backup your responses with something resembling a valid point? Didn't think so.

That's kinda how discussions work...

- KP -

And thanks for the IMDB stats you added to your response afterwards but when there's about a 3 or 4 year gap between each film the number of votes each one has doesn't really count for much.

- KP -

And thanks for the IMDB stats you added to your response afterwards but when there's about a 3 or 4 year gap between each film the number of votes each one has doesn't really count for much.
    I'm not going to argue about this with you. it's not worth it. You are comparing sequels to ok movies. Comic book movies. Whatever. As far as your little 3 year gap thing, we are talking about tens of thousands of votes and those movies are several years old. By your response i can tell you don't have a clue what the IMdb score even means. It doesn't matter at all. I'm a stat major. I know. Good talk. Now neg rep me if it makes you feel better.

Airplane Part 2? and Revenge Of The Nerds Part 2?

No way on earth are they better than the originals. Maybe Scary Movie Part 2 is better than the 1st. And i would also agree with the person who said Hot Shots Part Deux.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    I'm not going to argue about this with you. it's not worth it. You are comparing sequels to ok movies. Comic book movies. Whatever. As far as your little 3 year gap thing, we are talking about tens of thousands of votes and those movies are several years old. By your response i can tell you don't have a clue what the IMdb score even means. It doesn't matter at all. I'm a stat major. I know. Good talk. Now neg rep me if it makes you feel better.
    I can see near meaningless stats that appear on web pages really mean a lot to you. One day if I can work out such complexities as plots and mean values of data maybe I could be a 'stat major'?

I'm done with this anyway. It's all opinion and personal taste at the end of the day and I've given mine.

- KP -