Thread: Nin

FRESH FISH

Thumbs up Nin

IMO, Trent Reznor is a music genius. I own Broken, The Downward Spiral, The Fragile, and With Teeth. I've listened to these albums a hundred times, and everytime I hear something new. It still amaze me how Trent along with Flood, Charlie Closer, and Alan Moulder arrange different layers/instruments/sounds in one record. NIN have so many great songs, but till this day I Do Not Want This from The Downward Spiral is the sickest song I ever heard. The sporadic drums in that song is fire.

My dream is for Trent to hook up with RZA. Them two collaborating on production would be the greatest sound ever.

Default Re: Nin

hahaha that would be sick with trent and RZA.

But the album you should get is "Pretty Hate Machine" (halo 2)...he has a different flood with him in 1989....Keith LeBlanc, John Fryer, and Adrian Sheerwood...you might know those guys now.

i think with teeth kind of sucks. i mean, that one song is good, the one they played on the radio all the time, but for as long as he takes to put shit out i thought he could have done better, unless of course he meant for it to have more of an experimental tone, then i would have to withdraw my initial statement that it sucks, and say that it's okay but just not me. i love PHM though. haven't listened to any other albums of his.
    8)

FRESH FISH

I'm so sick I that I don't have PHM. It's out of print, but I'm still on the search for it. When I first heard With Teeth, it sound like a simple-mellow/straight to the point record. It wasn't that crazy NIN signature sound I was used to. But listening to it over time, I hear the unique signature in a more subtle way.

I can't get enough of Right Where It Belongs, Only, With Teeth, All In The World, The Hands That Feed, and Everyday Is Exactly The Same.

PHM is really OOP? I remember like 10 years ago I payed a lot for it...over $20. A few moths ago I seen a store that had them on sale for 9.99....I guess if you really cant find it, it must not be that expensive to buy online...if you do buy online.

I like the new NIN - WITH TEETH........its a very solid album.........TRENT REZNOR is like a 40 year old man, he is not as angry as he used to be, WITH TEETH is a more mature song-based record......is it as good as PHM.....nope, is it a very good record, yes!

REZNOR is a genius.....anyone who has an apreciation for beat making or production has to have a level of respect for him......his beats are crazy, they always have alot of shit going on in them, that you can hear after repeated listens.....like RZA in that regard

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMar
    i think with teeth kind of sucks. i mean, that one song is good, the one they played on the radio all the time, but for as long as he takes to put shit out i thought he could have done better, unless of course he meant for it to have more of an experimental tone, then i would have to withdraw my initial statement that it sucks, and say that it's okay but just not me. i love PHM though. haven't listened to any other albums of his.
    "Rap has gradually degenerated from an art form into a ring tone"

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto

FRESH FISH

That's what I'm talking about. Trent has the sickest production ever. He put so much elements in one song, its crazy. He even used his voice as an instrument, kind of like Yorke from RadioHead.

It's hard to choose NIN best songs, but here's my top 5
    1.I Do Not Want This - The drums is fucking sick
    2.The Fragile - My anthem
    3.Into The Void
    4.Home - His rendition on MTV's React Now for the Hurricane Katrina victims made me cry
    5. Right Where Belongs

Trent also has great instrumentals: La Mer, Complication, Pinion, Pilgrimage, Just Like You Imagined, and A Warm Place.

Between The Downward Spiral and The Fragile its hard to choose which one is better. I never heard music like that, these albums blew me away.

I agree that Trent Reznor is a genious. I love NIN as well and would love to see a collab with the Rza and the Wu.

Godbless, Unity.
    Mizri.

www.soundclick.com/mizri

www.myspace.com/mizrimusic

"When delivering something like an important letter or other written materials, grasp it firmly in your hand as you go and do not release it once, but hand it over directly to the recipient." -Hagakure (The Book of the Samurai)

FRESH FISH

Since RZA and Trent now resides in Cali, hopefully they bump into each other by like a soundwave telepath. Ha Ha. Seriously, it would be an incredible moment in music.