Thread: Miami Hurricanes Football Fans On Here ??

Veteran Member

Default Miami Hurricanes Football Fans On Here ??

Don't know why, but I feel excited right now for next season. Even tho our first 4 games are tough.

@FSU
    Georgia Tech
    @Va. Tech
    Oklahoma (I hope we're the 1st team to hand them their 1st loss & ruin Sam Bradford's Heisman hopes).
    The, U. NY Knicks. NY Jets. NY Mets. > Ur teams = The Truth

Banned

Miami used to have a good program. Right now USF is better.

Veteran Member

USF??? Better then the 'Canes ??? The Big East are on the rise, but, seriously?!.?

I like how Randy Shannon isn't all about going after the highest rated players like the 5-Star kids.. But rather players he feels fit his system. Even though we pushed for Bryce Brown last year. Bryce is gonna be a beast if he can stay healthy of course.

Plus the U got a freak on our team..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...uce&id=4174191

Allen Bailey, Miami, DT: On a wall inside the UM football offices are the team bests for each exercise by position. When you get to defensive linemen, almost all you see is one Bailey head shot after another. Some UM fans have taken to calling him "Freakzilla," thanks in part to his awesome athleticism but also to his Bunyanesque background that has created some legendary tales. Such as how he once killed an alligator with a shovel.

Bailey, who last season battled through a torn pectoral muscle while making the transition from linebacker to defensive line, had nine tackles for loss and five sacks. Now that he's healthy and more comfortable playing at defensive tackle, expectations around Coral Gables, Fla., are soaring. Some inside the program think the junior will restart Miami's streak of first-round draft picks. Lord knows he should test well at the NFL combine next year.

This spring, Bailey vertical jumped 39 inches despite weighing 288 pounds. He ran a 4.65 40 time. He power-cleaned 375. Longtime UM strength coach Andreu Swasey, who has trained the likes of Willis McGahee, Kellen Winslow II, Sean Taylor and others, gives Bailey perhaps the ultimate praise: "He is the freakiest of all the freaks since I've been here," Swasey says. "When he got here, he weighed 270, and I told the coaches, 'He's going to be 300, but it'll be a 300 like you've never seen before.'"
    Last edited by thatKid; 06-07-2009 at 07:18 PM.

Banned

Well you need the five star guys to win championships realistically.

Florida is loaded with them, so Miami should never not attempt to get them.

Right now i think Miami's problem is the fact that they need a better coach. A bigger name coach.
    They shoulda brought Butch Davis back or something.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Well you need the five star guys to win championships realistically.

Florida is loaded with them, so Miami should never not attempt to get them.

Right now i think Miami's problem is the fact that they need a better coach. A bigger name coach.
    They shoulda brought Butch Davis back or something.
    Yea. I agree we could do better with the Head Coach spot. But I guess our new OC Whipple is really effective.

Didn't they lose to a community college team not that long ago?

I'm still waiting for Randy Shannons comments about the field goal at the end of last years game between UF-UM. "That is going to help us more than they will ever know."

hahahahaha

Doesn't seem to be hurting UF's recruiting or W/L record too much. =)

The Canes are done until you get a new coach. Wandy isn't the answer. As average as the ACC is at football it is better than the BE during Miami's run so it will be harder now, but still no reason Miami shouldn't be competing. Loaded recruiting base...all you need is a coach who isn't a crybaby bitch.
    Last edited by Compulsion; 06-14-2009 at 06:55 AM.

Veteran Member

I live in new england, and won't pay for college football news. randy shannon has that rep? we just need to start guys like marcus forston and more miami kids from the 2008 recruit class