• 4: Banger

0 0%
  • 3: Good

1 100.00%
  • 2: Boring

0 0%
  • 1: Wackadoccious

0 0%

Thread: DJ Quik & Kurupt - BlaQKout (2009)

Default DJ Quik & Kurupt - BlaQKout (2009)

This is off the hook.
    Quik & Kurupt are real crazy on this joint.
    Quiksta throws in some Moroccan streetcorner singing loop on Hey Playa, theres some crazy guitar work on Exodus, quik is his usual amazing self on blaqkout, cream n ya panties and the superb fuck yall. he gets minimalistic on 9 times outta 10, it's varied and entertaining. and flawless mixing on top of that, this guy is his own studio engineer and has mastered this art to the perfection.
    And Kurupt injects some madness in his flows and lyrics to match up. He's the truly gifted MC of the duo and it shows, he spits fire all along!!

01. BlaQKout 3:01 ****1/2
    02. Cream N Ya Panties 4:05 ****1/2
    03. Do You Know 3:28 ****1/2 the first 3 tracks are a flawless start for the album
    04. Watcha Wan Do 3:33 ***1/2 good as a club banger but one of the least interesting beats
    05. Ohh! 3:15 **** rather good stuff
    06. Fuck Y'all 3:14 ***** the bomb, check the guitar on the last verse. vintage quik
    07. Hey Playa! (Moroccan Blues) 4:21 ***** insane beat, catchy chorus and good verses
    08. Exodus 3:02 **** weird and deranged but these guitar bits are just mad nice
    09. 9x's Outta 10 2:55 **** just a beat and a simple phrase but kurupt rips this
    10. Jupiter's Critic And The Mind Of Mars 2:28 funny interlude with this hum... cheap 90s german trance music in the back...
    11. The Appeal 3:37 **** a good track but very classical compared to the other stuff on the cd...
    12. Problem: The B Stands For Beautiful (Skit) 1:20 just a skit, but its funny as hell, kurupt impersonating james brown...
    13. Watcha Wan Do (Alternate Version) 3:35 ***1/2 more of the same...

one of the best albums of 2009 thus far

STREET CORNER, by MANO

Shaolin Master

I've always liked Quik's production, but lyrically this is an average cd. Beat wise, this isn't one of Quik's best but it still has enough dope beats to keep me entertained. Certainly, these beats are better than the crap on the eminem album. 7 out of 10.

I thought Quik's production really kept this album together. Kurupt didn't really come through on alot of his verses and it showed by how he was outshined by the beat.
    Although I have this rated a little above average, it's still one of this year's best produced albums.

Top 5: BlaQKout, Cream, Ohh!, Hey Playa!, 9x's Outta 10 (fav)
    Grade: (2.7/5) C+

YOUR KING OF WUTANGCORP. Tony Bandana's Avatar

this has to be a fuckin dope album ....i had no idea about this.

but wow...Kurupt is one of the illest mc's to grace a mic.

ill peep this...this is for the real mutherfuckerz.
    ONGH!!!! SHIT STINK BIG GATORZ , MY DETROIT PLAYAZ ONGH!!!