• Mediocre

7 4.79%
  • Wack

2 1.37%
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: U-God - Dopium

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default U-God - Dopium

1st and 4most MAKE SURE YOU SUPPORT THIS ALBUM AND BUY IT- I ALREADY PRE ORDERED 2 WEEKS AGO, DO THE SAME.

Ive listened one time, first impression are this album is fuccin heavy in wu bangers lol.

Beats are grungy but clean, in fact they sound like updated Forever beats in a lot of places, which makes sense because thats when Uey was on fire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Train Trussle - 10. Straight up. This shit doesnt get tired. All verses. Scotty's flow and word choices are amazing.

God is Love - 10. Album highlight. Cappa sounds so smoove, much more than he has done recently for some reason on his own shit. KP kills it. Beat is just butta.

Stomp da Roach 10. WTF ANOTHER AMAZING BEAT. I honestly havent heard a hip hop album in 09 with these many ill beats. Scotty again comign outta no where with heat.

Lipton - 7. Kinda interesting, good idea to put in a up tempo track here. keeps things moving.

Cocaine - 8.5. LOL ANOTHER BEASTIN BEAT. Hard as fuck.

Magnum Force - 9. One of my favorite songs on the album. Jimmy went in and did his thing, real smooth verse rode the beat NICE. Sheek added more NY street shit. Good to hear both these guys on a Uey album.

Hips - 6.5. Kinda weird lol like an 80's dance funk track. I could def see this being played in a club though.

Wu-Tang - 8. Beat goes hard AGAIN sticking with the main sound of the album. Id like to know whos prodcuing these tracks.

Dopium - 8.5
    Sick. Classic wu sound still.

Rims Pokin Out - 6.
    Keeping it interesting, not a bad track. NOt as good as the rest though.

New Classic - 8
    Base heavy. Large P on the boards, uses his pianos like youd expect!!. Solid ending.

*ignores the remixes*

Overall - 8.5
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the first half is incredible. 2nd half has lower points, but overall this has so many bangers on it its def gonna be up there with some of the best Wu Solo's.

Def one of the best post 2000. I really wanna know who did the beats.

So many highlight, congrats Uey, you did the Wu tang name proud
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 06-17-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Great album!

01. Train Trussle (Featuring Ghostface And Scotty Wotty) 10/10

Classic. Great way to start things off, everyone goes hard. Flawless.

02. God Is Love (Featuring Cappadonna And Killah Priest) 10/10

Another classic. Cappa really stepped up for this.

03. Stomp Da Roach (Featuring GZA And Scotty Wotty) 10/10

Classic. Lots of energy, very aggressive.

04. Lipton (Featuring Mike Ladd) 10/10

Classic. This is my shit! Has a very bouncy feel to it.

05. Coke (Featuring Raekwon And Slaine of La Coka Nostra) 10/10

Classic. Everyone goes hard on this. Has an evil feel.

06. Magnum Force (Featuring Jim Jones And Sheek Louch) 9/10

The track holds together very well. Jim Jones surprised me, although I feel if one of the generals were on here it'd be even better.

07. Hips 7.5/10

These type of tracks have been done so many times before, but Uey paints a great picture, making it unique.

08. Wu-Tang (Featuring Method Man) 10/10

Classic. High energy with a banging beat, can't go wrong.

09. Dopium 10/10

Classic. Uey holds it down.

10. Rims Pokin Out (Featuring Lethaface) 7/10

Uey paints a good picture as he did with Hips. It fits in well with the album's feel.

11. New Classic (Featuring Large Professor) 10/10

Classic. Classic U-God, just spittin venom.

Overall: 103.5/110. Classic.

U-God brought it back to that old school sound. Everything flows together. This is like one of those little sampler appatizers, there's something for everyone; almost seems like a re-worked Golden Arms Redemption. I think U has finally found his "sound" as a solo artist.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

yo wtf

is this out already?
    We do it for the people.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

^not yet it leaked and i couldnt wait for it to arrive.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

^ yea i just noticed its all over the net
    We do it for the people.

John W. Henry

fuck..... randomly scrolling down a release site and seen this on the list. banger!

John W. Henry

Wu-Tang music, this is how its supposed to sound.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Thought I should drop my review. U-God I know you're waiting for this....

1. Train Trussle (Featuring Ghostface Killah & Scotty Wotty)

This is the album opener right here and this goes hard. I love the horns on the beat and the vibe of the track. Ghostface comes in with a reused verse (Check out "Put It On The Line" Album), but it still fits well with the beat and it sounds real good so no complaints at all, U-God drops a nice verse and rides the beat real well a very good way to start off an album. Scotty Wotty delivers some heat on here aswell, he sounds like a more raw/smooth version of Gza but Gza has better lyrics, he still comes through on this track, which is top 3 on this album without a doubt. 4.5/5

2. God Is Love (Featuring Cappadonna & Killah Priest)

Cappadonna comes in real nice on this track, he sounds better than he has been in the last few years, drops a nice gem for the people on here, U-God has an ok verse on here, I think he could've flowed better on this one and came better overall. Killah Priest just smashes his verse, this was a perfect track from him to rhyme on it he drops a gem on here. Heard this beat numerous times but this is still a banger that never gets old. 4/5

3. Stomp The Roach (Featuring Scotty Wotty & Gza)

Scotty Wotty is back sounding pretty good and keeps this track going hard, U-God comes in and does his job, one thing I love about U-God is his "Straight In Your Face" style, he just throws it right at you plain and simple, but raw as fuck. Gza has a good spot on here and I'm very Glad to hear him sound like he has some energy on a track, he kills it lyrically. The Beat on this one is very dope and I like the theme of the track, another banger. 4/5

4. Lipton (Featuring Mike Ladd)

This is a wack track right here, U-God could've easily replaced this with an 8 Diagram throwaway track or something else, this track is wack all over. The beat is weak along with U-God's flow, when this first came on I couldn't even get through the first verse. This messed up the flow of the album. Hook is even worse. 2/5

5. Coke (Featuring Raekwon & Slaine)

The beat on here goes hard and Raekwon comes in and smashes his verse "All my goons is frustrated, boning their P.O.'s" and "We Darth Vaders" some ill lines by Raekwon to start this off, the hook could've been better on here but I can deal with it, U-God drops a dope verse he could've switched up his flow somewhat but it's still hard, Slaine comes THROUGH on here, this is the first time I heard him and he fucking delivers heat on this track "I bleed cociane" that's some I'll shit right there. 4/5

6. Magnum Force (Featuring Jim Jones & Sheek Louch)

Jim Jones on a Wu Track???? This shit still sounds hot and the beat is hard. Jimmy comes in with his wu-references keeping it real on here, none of that commercial shit and come through for the general, I love the beat switch up on the hook, they should've rapped over that part aswell, U-God drops some heat on his verse sounding grimey as fuck, but I think Sheek Louch took this one, his whole presence is felt on this track and he just is one with this beat, of course he killed this shit lyrically, dope lines after dope lines. A great track that I'm glad met my expectations. 4.5/5

7. Hips

Another wack cut by U-God, keep this shit on Mr. Xcitement. Everything is wack about this. 1/5

8. Wu-Tang (Featuring Method Man)

This title is VERY misleading. "Wu-Tang" is the title, when I read that I thought I was gonna hear some karate sounds in the back and some raw wu-sounding beat, instead we get some chopped & screwed weak ass hook on here and an ok beat that doesn't sound anything close to "Wu-Tang". U-God's verse was ASS on here, especially them first couple of bars, Method Man saves this track from any type of wackness, he sounds fresh off BO2 and rips this track. 3.5/5

9. Dopium

This my shit right here "By Time I finish You Gonna Be A Fiend MotherFucka!!!" That shit cracks me up everytime, The beat is enough to give this track a 4/5, U-God comes in on here spitting Dopium just as the track, I like his last verse the most he just throws his shit right at you keeping it fresh and raw. 4/5

10. Rims Poking Out (Featuring Lethafase)

I'm feeling this shit right here, I was blasting this hit on the highway just doing like 70 to it. Good to hear him and Lethafase on the same track again, I think he should've had a verse on here though, he would've ripped it I'm pretty sure he would, but anyways U-God keeps it fresh on here just having fun with it which is good sometimes. I'm feeling this one. 4/5

11. New Classic (Featuring Large Professor)

I think U-God could've came better on here overall, the beat is still hot, but this track is too short and U-God still had some heat left in him, you could tell my his last few bars he delivered on the track. Still a banger nonetheless. 4/5

Beats - 4/5
    Lyrics - 4/5
    Overall - 4/5

I think this is what exactly U-God promised us. DOPIUM. Although I do think he could've came better on some of these tracks, I was expecting him to come fresh off 8 Diagrams still spitting that heat, he gets outshined on half of tracks by his guests, and he only had 4 tracks by himself which he wasted 2 on "Mr.Xcitement" type shit, he could've easily left that out for some raw type shit. Besides that the beats are pretty good on here, he did a great job with the beat selection, this is what it says... DOPIUM. Oh Yeah, I hope yall didn't think I was gonna review them techno joints, they for the club, U-God is smart when White kids on E hear that shit at the club they gonna get a copy themselves..... ****Overall 4/5**** Wu-Banger
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 06-30-2009 at 11:30 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Dopium is absolute fuckin flames!!!!!

Train trussle----10/10 (vintage Wu sound)
    God Is Love---10/10 (CAPPA and Priest rippin this soulfull track)
    Stomp Da Roach---10/10 (Scotty and GZA!! Sickness)
    Lipton---10/10 (Sick party type track)
    Cocaine---10/10 (Boomin beat wit sick rae slang)
    Magnum Force--8.5/10 (nice verses from jimmy and sheek)
    Hips----8.5/10 (Like the funky beat)
    Wu-Tang---9/10 (Meth !!)
    Dopium----10/10 (sick U-God Solo)
    Rims Pokin Out---8/10 (nice song bout whips)
    New Classic----10/10 (U-God ripped this one as well)

overall 9/10

Awesome album Wu-Banger.....I like it better than GAR.....sick beats and great verses from rae, ghost, scotty wotty, killah priest, GZA!!!, sheek, jim jones, slaine, Meth, and CAPPAA!!! Awesome album and of course U-God murked this shit!!!!
    Last edited by corky831; 06-17-2009 at 03:58 PM.
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

voted superior just cuz we'll kno if its a classic with due time.......but best wu album since No Said Date!!!!!

This is FIRE!

i luv the godfather sample at the end of stomp the roach ....classic shit

ok

admit it

who lit that fire up under cappa's ass?

Veteran Member

since "Somebodys Got To Go"

u kids are jokes. First three songs are good rest is u-gods sweaty ballsack