• Mediocre

1 0.79%
  • Wack

4 3.17%
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wu - Tang Chamber Music

Default Wu - Tang Chamber Music

01. Redemption (Feat. RZA)
    02. Kill Too Hard (Feat. Inspectah Deck, U-God and Masta Ace)
    03. The Abbot (Feat. RZA)
    04. Harbor Masters (Feat. Ghostface Killah, AZ and Inspectah Deck)
    05. Sheep State (Feat. RZA)
    06. Radiant Jewels (Feat. Raekwon, Cormega and Sean Price)
    07. Supreme Architecture (Feat. RZA)
    08. Evil Deeds (Feat. Ghostface Killah, RZA and Havoc)
    09. Wise Men (Feat. RZA)
    10. I Wish You Were Here (Feat. Ghostface Killah and Tre Williams)
    11. Fatal Hesitation
    12. Ill Figures (Feat. Raekwon, MOP and Kool G Rap)
    13. Free Like ODB (Feat. RZA)
    14. Sound The Horns (Feat. Inspectah Deck, Sadat X and U-God)
    15. Enlightened Statues (Feat. RZA)
    16. NYC Crack (Feat. RZA)
    17. One Last Question
    Last edited by Poetic Wun; 06-26-2009 at 01:52 AM.

02. Kill Too Hard (Feat. Inspectah Deck, U-God and Masta Ace)
    4/5- i dig this shit but the song is too short imo. Deck aint at his his best but he aint rhymin about bitches and shit he been rhymin bout lately. same goes for U. Masta came wit it.

04. Harbor Masters (Feat. Ghostface Killah, AZ and Inspectah Deck)
    3.5/5- this was a good tack. Ghost was the only verse i could get down with tho.

06. Radiant Jewels
    (Feat. Raekwon, Cormega and Sean Price)
    4/5- personally i thought Rae was out shone. but i expected it.

08. Evil Deeds (Feat. Ghostface Killah, RZA and Havoc)
    4/5- love the beat. RZA & GHOST came with it. glad they opted for havoc instead of prodigy but i never been a fan. he did his thing.

10. I Wish You Were Here (Feat. Ghostface Killah and Tre Williams)
    3/5- its Ghost doin his love shit... sounds aight, i'ma move on.

12. Ill Figures (Feat. Raekwon, MOP and Kool G Rap)
    3/5- only cause i expected it to go harder w/ MOP G Rap. sounds aight for what it is. Rae took this lyrically but i over hyped this for me.

14. Sound The Horns (Feat. Inspectah Deck, Sadat X and U-God)
    4/5- i dig the horns. Sadat was in there man, word up. this is what i wanted to hear.

16. NYC Crack (Feat. RZA)
    4/5- its a RZA track. woulda sounded good on BOAP. it's a smooth joint.

everything else is RZA talking and his funky little 1min beats.
    not a classic but they on point with this.
    from the sound of this GZA & Masta woulda been nice to hear.
    i'ma be rockin this no doubt. far from 8D and the Wu run this year just keeps getting nicer by the record.
    Last edited by Poetic Wun; 06-26-2009 at 02:24 AM.

After hearing the first two net-released tracks, Harbor Masters and Ill Figures, i didnt have high expectations. The songs were aight, but somewhat boring in a "Brooklyn King" way. Bass and rhythm were on point, but the whole stuff lacked energy and melodies. It turns out that they are the 2 weakest songs on there imo. The six other all have extra flavor.
    Three tracks especially grabbed my attention : Sound The Horns with the nice bass, horns pattern and good verses from Deck and Sadat ; NYC Crack featuring the infamous Thea (sounding good on there though), one of the best beats, more complex with some guitar work and sound bits giving for a fuller sound... and dope lyrics by the rza bragging about his achievements compared to other rappers ; and Evil Deeds... on this one, revelations somehow manage to make the beat sound like a dope looped sample, adding some piano during the rza bridge, while ghost and rza murder the track.
    The other three are all good songs. Raekwon gets schooled by Mega and Ruck on Radiant Jewels, which is a shame... he used to be better than these dudes back in the days!! Kill too hard is a showcase for U-God's style and Ace's lyrical technique while Deck gets the backseat (didnt Ace already spit that "i'ma be sitting at the table......" line somewhere else??) too bad the verses are so short. Finally the Al Green cover sounds real good, Ghost was the obvious pick for that stuff and he didnt fail. tre williams comes correct with the soul parts.

Kill too hard 4/5
    Harbor masters 3.5/5
    Radiant jewels 4/5
    Evil deeds 4.5/5
    I wish you were here 4/5
    Ill figures 3/5
    Sound the horns 4.5/5
    NYC crack 4.5/5

STREET CORNER, by MANO

damn, i love ill figures...

also to clarify, the producers on the album would find samples, and have the revelations recreate the entire sample in the studio, which the producers would than use to chop up and create the beat with. ill post the production credits when it stops raining cus the cd case is in my car

okay! thanks for the clarification man

STREET CORNER, by MANO

01. Redemption - Nice opening with the Kung Fu samples and grittiness, even the Shaw Brothers signature theme opens the LP before giving us the classic Wu-Tang vibe with the beat and dialouge.

02. Hard to Kill - Which leads us to the hard drums and ill guitars The Revelations and RZA couples with a looped vocal sample; kicking off the LP with high quality. This shit is true fucking fire - EVERYBODY kills it, The Rebel drops a suprisingly dope verse while Uey bringing the DOPIUM we heard on his recent LP and "8 Diagrams" and Masta Ace, well Ace is just Ace so you know it's full of quotables.

03. Harbor Masters - Hell yeah, we all know this one by know. Love the heavy drums and the bass guitars and Ghostface once again proves why he is still the illest Wu member to this day; Deck is definitely aight on here but a bit below his verse on the previous cut. AZ definitely proves that he is a worthy replacement for Nas when it comes to that classic '90s Wu collaboration; A's flow is as nasty as ever and the verse is full of quotables. I like how all 3 of them has an individual hook that all fits nice with the joint.

04. Radiant Jewels - Oooooh shit, Raekwon drops fire over this bass-heavy string-incorporated beauty. Classic '90s rap in the '00s with Cormega, Sean Price and Rae all ripping the beat to shreds it to shreds but Corey comes off victorious on this one in my opinion.

05. Evil Deeds - Wow another future classic Wu banger, the piano-keys, bass and drums are all intact and we got Ghostface spitting flames while RZA flows dope over the beat; then put a verse from Havoc on there and you go right back in time to 1995. Production-wise I would say it sounds like a cross between early Wu and Mobb Deep while still keeping the formula updated. The Revelations and RZA really did a great job with the production and supervision of this album.

06. I Wish You Were Here - Another future classic; they just keep on coming on this album LOL. The song itself got a real smooth beautiful vibe to it and Ghostface verses is great filled with lots of emotions and Tre Williams has a real nice soulful voice, this is definitely the type of cuts i wanna hear on Ghost's RnB album later this year.

07. Fatal Hesitation - A dope instrumental intermission that doesn't feature RZA's preaching, instead we get a nasty Kung Fu flick dialouge sample like it was 1993 all over.

08. Ill Figures - Loved this one from the jump; Raekwon the Chef, M.O.P. and Kool G Rap is definitely 3 of my favorite rap acts and to hear them on a collaboration is just unbelivable. Production-wise it's another brilliant work and I love how Fame and Danze spit their verse as one 16 so it's almost sounds like it's only 3 rappers on the song. I definitely wouldn't mind this on OB4CL2.

09. Blow The Horns - Smooth beat, typical Wu-Tang sound with the repeated horn and slapping bass. You can hear that Deck is really feeling the production on this album cuz his spitting alot better than he's done in a long time, Sadat X swings by next and that's another collaboration I've been wanting for a long time (Brand Nubian/Wu-Tang); U-God closes with a ill DOPIUM verse.

10. NYC Crack -
    WHOA was my reaction when I first heard the beat kick in and the "watch ya step kid" sample from 36, the production is real triumphant and RZA shows why he is the abbot - sounding alot better than he's done in years, no Bobby Digital or 8 Diagrams bullshit just strictly NYC crack. This shit is such a dope closer that Thea isn't even bothering me at all and the Kung Fu samples at the end just wraps it up. "The Wu-Tang Slang is that New York City Crack" - a true statement in 2009 it seems.

11. Outro - Not much to say on this one really LOL.

Conclusion:
    Production-wise, mixing, arranging and supervising is incredible from front to back. The Revelations and The RZA really made an album I never thought we'd see, it came out of nowhere it seems - and don't say RZA didn't was involved in the production of this album; he supervised and arranged "Chamber Music" the same way he did "Supreme Clientele" and the original "Bulletproof Wallets" with Ghostface and you can hear that this is his and the Wu-Tang's redemption for the weak critique most of their "recent" outputs have catched.
    ALL the MC's and singers does a marvelous job too, and as some others i don't complain at all about the lenght of the LP at all, 35 minutes with such quality hip-hop is alot better than 25 minutes quality and 35 minutes average shit. Remember all the classics from back in the '80s that had 8-10 songs on them, well there you go. I might even go as far as saying this might be the illest thing to come out from the Wu camp since "The W" even, it shows us RZA knows what the fans really want and have been craving. Glad he used Raekwon, Ghostface, U-God, Deck and himself from the clan (except for Method Man which i wish was on the LP cuz he can still rip a track to shreds; maybe a Ghost/Mef/Das EFX collabo or something) but nice to not hear no sleepy GZA, Masta Killa or Cappa on here (though all 3 of them very rarely puts out a dope verse once in a while these days). But with the production bringing it back to the '90s and the early Wu-Tang sound (with a live band nontheless), I love all of the other NYC legends that appears like MOP, Sadat X, Cormega, Havoc, Sean Price.

My only complaint is a few of the skits which seems pretty pointless (they should not be listed as tracks, just appear at the end of previous song or instead add just one more track (maybe a Red & Meth collabo with Q-Tip or something).
    Damn i just heard this album today and i already bumped it 4-5 times straight through. Haven't been able to hear more than the singles cuz i was busted and shit recently and might even see some jailtime soon but at least this and some hard drugs put some light on my day.

PRODUCTION: 9/10
    LYRICS: 8.5/10
    OVERALL: 9/10
    Last edited by claaa7; 07-14-2009 at 02:32 PM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

nice review, my bad on being late with the credits... and only gettin half of them, i had scanned them the other day so i only have half. ill post the rest later

01 Redemption
    Produced by the Revelations, Bob Perry & Noah Rubin

02 Kill Too Hard
    Produced by Gintas Junusonis & Fizzy Womack

03 The Abbot
    Produced by The Revelations, Bob Perry, Noah Rubin

04 Harbor Masters
    Prod. - Andrew Kelley, Noah Rubin, Fizzy Womack

05 Sheep State
    Prod - The Revelations, Bob Perry, Noah Rubin

06 Radiant Jewels
    Prod - Andrew Kelley, Noah Rubin, Fizzy Womack

07 Supreme Architecture

08 Evil Deeds

09 Wise Men
    Produced by the revelations, bob perry, and noah rubin

10 I Wish You Were Here
    Written by willie mitchell(irving music inc./BMI)
    Produced by bob perry & fizzy womack

11 Fatal Hesitation
    produced by the revelations, bob perry, and noah rubin

12 ILL Figures
    produced by Fizzy Womack & Josh Werner
    All instruments by Josh Werner

13 Free Like ODB
    produced by the revelations, bob perry, & noah rubin

14 Sound The Horns
    Produced by andrew kelley, noah rubin, fizzy womack, gintas janusonis & josh werner
    horns by Jay Rodriguez & Fabio Morgera

15 Enlightened Statues
    produced by the revelations, bob perry & noah rubin

16 NYC Crack
    produced by Rza with Fizzy Womack & Andrew Kelley, Additional guitars by josh werner, additional keyboards by RZA, hook vocals by thea van seijen

17 One Last Question
    produced by noah rubin

Exec producer - RZA
    Project A&R - Bob Perry with Andrew Kelley & Fizzy Womack
    All Music by : The revelations
    Wes Mingus : Guitar
    Borahm Lee: Keyboards
    Josh Werner : Bass
    Gintas Janusonis : Drums

Recorded and mixed by : Noah Rubin & Arnold Mischkulnig
    Mastered by : Arnold Mischkulnig
    Assistant Engineer: Jeff Rameau
    Creative Direction : Paul Grosso
    Art Direction & Design : Andrew Kelley

from my understanding, the production credits is ordered by involvement. but i could be wrong. they were all pretty much in the studio every night for weeks straight, crankin out bangers.
    Last edited by Sultan Stringer; 06-27-2009 at 02:32 PM.

^^ nice thx for that, very interesting to see that Lil' Fame is one of the producers for every song on there (except skits). Fizzy Wommack + live instrumentation + RZA supervision = unbetabable.. post the rest later man. thx

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

i put the credits up

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Stringer View Post
    01 Redemption
    Produced by the Revelations, Bob Perry & Noah Rubin

02 Kill Too Hard
    Produced by Gintas Junusonis & Fizzy Womack

03 The Abbot
    Produced by The Revelations, Bob Perry, Noah Rubin

04 Harbor Masters
    Prod. - Andrew Kelley, Noah Rubin, Fizzy Womack

05 Sheep State

06 Radiant Jewels

07 Supreme Architecture

08 Evil Deeds

09 Wise Men
    Produced by the revelations, bob perry, and noah rubin

10 I Wish You Were Here
    Written by willie mitchell(irving music inc./BMI)
    Produced by bob perry & fizzy womack

11 Fatal Hesitation
    produced by the revelations, bob perry, and noah rubin

12 ILL Figures
    produced by Fizzy Womack & Josh Werner
    All instruments by Josh Werner

13 Free Like ODB
    produced by the revelations, bob perry, & noah rubin

14 Sound The Horns
    Produced by andrew kelley, noah rubin, fizzy womack, gintas janusonis & josh werner
    horns by Jay Rodriguez & Fabio Morgera

15 Enlightened Statues
    produced by the revelations, bob perry & noah rubin

16 NYC Crack
    produced by Rza with Fizzy Womack & Andrew Kelley, Additional guitars by josh werner, additional keyboards by RZA, hook vocals by thea van seijen

17 One Last Question
    produced by noah rubin

Exec producer - RZA
    Project A&R - Bob Perry with Andrew Kelley & Fizzy Womack
    All Music by : The revelations
    Wes Mingus : Guitar
    Borahm Lee: Keyboards
    Josh Werner : Bass
    Gintas Janusonis : Drums

Recorded and mixed by : Noah Rubin & Arnold Mischkulnig
    Mastered by : Arnold Mischkulnig
    Assistant Engineer: Jeff Rameau
    Creative Direction : Paul Grosso
    Art Direction & Design : Andrew Kelley

from my understanding, the production credits is ordered by involvement. but i could be wrong, i do know that Evil Deeds and Radient Jewels were mostly produced by Andrew Kelley, with help from by Fizzy and Noah. Although he only helped with Harbor Masters and A&R'd it, but his name is listed first... they were all pretty much in the studio every night for weeks straight, crankin out bangers.
    thx alot, very interesting.. wow they were a whole team up in the studio. imagine all these musicians up there with RZA and Lil' Fame basically sleeping in the studio and Deck, Ace, Sadat X, Ghost, Uey, Rae and Cormega, AZ, Havoc showing up spitting flames. The original ad said it would feature Killah Priest and Cappadonna amongst others though so i guess they didn't show up in time (say with the rest of the wu members). but anyways this shit is the best of 2009 yet.. i bet MOP's coming will be 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    thx alot, very interesting.. wow they were a whole team up in the studio. imagine all these musicians up there with RZA and Lil' Fame basically sleeping in the studio and Deck, Ace, Sadat X, Ghost, Uey, Rae and Cormega, AZ, Havoc showing up spitting flames. The original ad said it would feature Killah Priest and Cappadonna amongst others though so i guess they didn't show up in time (say with the rest of the wu members). but anyways this shit is the best of 2009 yet.. i bet MOP's coming will be 2nd.
    lil fame is so underrated as a 'musician'... its not even funny. he straight up breathes hip hop

u can tell that everyone involved are huge wu-tang fans. some of the lineups on the songs are like something you would dream up and wish would happen, Rae/MOP/Kool G Rap?? Deck/SadatX/U-god?? Rae/Cormega/SeanPrice(ruck from heltah skeltah, bcc)?? Ghost/Rza/Havoc?? Deck/MastaAce/Ugod? Ghost/AZ/Deck? its like the yankees buyin up the best talent or some shit, tryin to get rings, ballin, doin P-Diddy dances on peoples faces.

that bob perry dude did hiphop a huge favor. Hopefully this does some numbers, and we can see MORE of this, not only from wu, but from a lot of these dudes from the 90s.

cant remember the last time the graphic designer was producing dope records as well as making an extremely dope cover art and booklet.

01. Redemption

Extremely dope intro to the album, cant really rate it outta 5 cus its an intro, but it sets the tone for the album.... i love kung fu samples...

02. Kill Too Hard (featuring Inspectah Deck, U-God & Masta Ace)

some energy, dope beat, i like masta ace rappin alongside these dudes. he has been spitting flames since the 80s and nothing has changed. deck rappin about bein rich but also robbin people shit and rollin around in fatigues and holdin a heater. u-god demandin respect, def a dope U verse. Masta kills this shit. but not my fav track on the album so its like a 4.7/5

dopest line? "Labels stay messin with a cats future/ and that weighs on me heavy like rasputia", had to google rasputia hahaha i guess thats this fat chick from the movie norbit.

runner up - "Its your boy ace, Bk's own/ all you ringtone rap dudes please stay home"

03. The Abbott
    interlude... the beat starts getting real weird and spooky towards the end... this coulda used some kung fu samples on it haha but whatever its an interlude

04. Harbor Masters (featuring Ghostface Killah, AZ & Inspectah Deck)

ghost kills it, deck kills it, AZ kills it 4.7/5

ghost - "cus of that? im gonna rock the show tonight/The twat team gonna get some hoes tonight"...twat team has to be one of the more ridiculous terms ive ever heard

the fact that these dudes spit similar but different choruses, each individually, is pretty dope, and brings a little bit of their personality out subtly, and i can dig that

i dont get why some people dont like this deck verse, i know he has the potential to go on some other worldly shit, but he rips this shit and theres too many quotables i cant even get into that

05. Sheep State
    weird interlude... rza droppin knowledge

06. Radiant Jewels (featuring Raekwon, Cormega & Sean Price)

ughhh this shit is just so gully, rae kills it. mega digs it up, murders it again, and than sean price pisses on the remains...

dopest line - "FUCK A FLOW/ THIS IS THE LYRICAL AQUADUCT" "if im getting too deep ill give you a minute to take it in"

sean price verse sounds like he slapped some people on the way to the studio.

dopest line pt 2 "aint a problem the god cant handle/ i set it off 'First, Blood'/ sean jean Rambo" whoooooooooo, First Blood is the name of the first rambo movie... thats some clever shit

4.99/5

07. Supreme Architecture

another interlude... rza talkin about mathematics and equations, human error... pretty cool i guess

08. Evil Deeds (featuring Ghostface Killah, RZA & Havoc)

hands down the dopest record on the album, Ghost and RZA rappin together again, okay.

rza over the piano beat breakdown with the chorus is the best ive heard him in a while

"My Moms Put gun powder inside my similac", "I got more Gz than sicily"...

havoc on some sinister murder shit, the twitter line is hysterical

i love how the chorus kicks in again after havoc, the kung fu sample at the end is dope

5/5

09. Wise Men

rza on keepin smart people around u...another interlude

10. I Wish You Were Here (featuring Ghostface Killah & Tre
    Williams)

4.999/5... can we get an entire album of ghostface and tre williams doin al green covers? i mean holy shit this is such a dope song... Soul > RNB... definitely gonna cop a revelations cd, on the strenf of Tre killlllin it, he outshines ghost on this, and ghost's verse is ridiculous.

11. Fatal Hesitation

dopest interlude on the album

12. Ill Figures (featuring Raekwon, M.O.P. & Kool G Rap)

5/5, a good set of speakers is a must for this bass line, this song beats the shit out of my house/whip...

"reefer lit, love hiphop, the gangsters got me like the broccoli, brooklyn baby coolin at a swap meet, real niggaz wanna meet me, ladies wanna eat me, money cream mercedes clean baby, beat me, love gettin dressed up, sweats and tecs, ride around the hood gettin gotti respect" is it 1995?

MOP rappin back n forth... swords and shit goin off in the chorus

alright, Kool G Rap murders the album with his verse... what the fuck... why did it take so long for this collaboration... i want a Rae MOP and Kool G Rap album

13. Free Like ODB
    RIP ODB

14. Sound The Horns (featuring Inspectah Deck, Sadat X & U-God)

4.89/5...

deck's verse opens it up nicely, and do i hear a C thomas Howell reference?

'we storm through like c thomas, red dawn'

so fucking awesome, i love that fucking movie.

Sadat X keeps it so gully

that sadat x verse is so gangster, i mean cmon '16 bars keep the car runnin', its like he doesnt give a fuck about no fame or glory, just spittin rhymes to get his transmission fixed or some shit.

U-God, spittin some dopium, as usual. i was never a huge u-god fan... but this shit is dopium and im gonna hafta cop that dopium now, ya dig?

15. Enlightened Statues

pretty cool interlude... reminds me of a field after a battle, with the wounded everywhere, with rza floating down like jesus on some golden chariot, comin through with some water, like Ben Hur, before he then completely rips it on NYC crack...

16. NYC Crack (featuring RZA)

RZA on some crazy cocky shit, i fuckin love it. thea sounds real dope on the chorus

everything rza says on this is amazing. i cant pull 1 quote cus its all fuckin awesome

THAT WUTANG SLANG IS THAT NEW YORK CITY CRACK

17. One Last Question
    haha, what the fuck?

at first i was like "Ehhh cmon, 8 songs, 8 interludes? what the fuck", after rollin up a dub of fire and listening to this 5 times in a row, i am no longer disappointed. the best comparison to this shit is if ur about to fuck a girl, and u just get the tip in, and than the fat friend runs in and cock blocks... like "god damn that was good, but now i wanna get balls deep"... where the fuck is pt 2? pt 3? pt 40? but this shit stands on its own even if there aint no more comin, so even if i cant get 'balls deep' with pt 2 3 and 4, i can 'whack off' and take my favorite songs off 8diagrams and put all these songs on that, and some of the dope interludes and the intro...

overall : 5/5, lyrics : 5/5, length - 8/10, if there was even 1 more song this shit would have been 1 of the greatest cds ever

When was this released?

Quote Originally Posted by Krusha View Post
    When was this released?
    its coming out on tuesday. u can preview it at myspace.com/rza or find a bootleg. but this shit is definitely a banger so grab it on tuesday. the artwork alone is worth a spot in ur glove box

Aight man! got to get it!