7 5.56%
  • Mediocre

1 0.79%
  • Wack

4 3.17%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wu - Tang Chamber Music

i like this album im feeling it i could bump this for awhile
    WE ARE DISCUSSING THE END OF THE WORLD-OR HOW TO DELAY IT.

9/10, for me this thing is on par with The W (which i used to hate but time changes everything).

I do have a problem with two things relating to the album though. The first is the way people are reviewing it. Filler tracks have never bothered me because you are not forced to listen to them, they are easily skippable. If an album has 30 songs and 15 are filler (i.e. Tical 2000) it still leaves you with 15 good songs. In the same way this album has 9 filler tracks still leaving you with 8 amazing songs. Well shit, Illmatic only had 10 tracks and of them 8 were amazing so whats the differece. Im pretty sure if a short interlude was added in between each song it wouldnt take away from it being a classic.

Now yes, in some cases its distracting, but on this CD the interludes blend in with the songs to the point that i didnt even realize when one ended and the other began (well I did, but w.e.)

Second thing is the douchebaggery of the marketing (I guess you can call it). In the past, all wu skits are included at the end or beginning (sometimes middle of songs) but on here, at first glance you look at the packaging and you see 17 tracks. None of them are labeled as skits or interludes. THAT is kind of annoying. I knew before i bought it that there was only 8 songs, but I can see others getting pissed about it.

Also i think if they spent a couple extra months and got meth, gza and killa involved and turned it into a full Wu album, it would have been amazing and the redemption RZA talks about in the intro.

Either way, i rate the CD in its entirety a 7/10 (i enjoyed some of the skits) and i rate the actual music a 9/10....all the guests come correct and even outshine wu on some tracks (Cormega)
    My technique alone blows doors straight off their hinges.

i think the interludes were pretty cool to the overall listening experience. i thought i was going to hate them, but if it comes down to it, i wouldn't have a problem letting it play all the way through.

favorite verse is probably deck on sound the horns. awesome flow on that

best thing about this is probably the packaging/case haha. album artwork is awesome from the front to back cover and everything in between, including the CD itself with the splattered blood and the tao te ching verses. ill shit

SHAOLIN STUDENT

the interludes aren't bad, they do go with the record, but i'm not gonna pay full-length price for an ep.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrBold241 View Post
    the interludes aren't bad, they do go with the record, but i'm not gonna pay full-length price for an ep.
    Yes they do. You can playu this the whole way through. If they drop a pt. 2 I nominate, Beanie Sigel, Common, D-Block, Rakim, Black Thought, and get some Killah Beez on it. Peace. I'm reviewing this next week. stay Tuned.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I'ma have to give it a thorough listen; I ain't like it the first spin.
    "I know that after my death a pile of rubbish
    will be heaped on my grave, but the wind of
    History will sooner or later sweep it away
    without mercy."
    - Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili

Quote Originally Posted by DrBold241 View Post
    10 dollars at best buy

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Yes they do. You can playu this the whole way through. If they drop a pt. 2 I nominate, Beanie Sigel, Common, D-Block, Rakim, Black Thought, and get some Killah Beez on it. Peace. I'm reviewing this next week. stay Tuned.
    Yea, can't wait, especially after you called Transformers 2 a "great" movie.

..aka SkubBz aka K'SmoWke WuSmoWke's Avatar

Shit!!!, The Wu is back on map with this I tell u!!! All my friends are on it!!! Shit's really nostalgic... Kinda felt "The W" album energy somehow... shit's tight!
    "...Son Run the St8', Carrying Coke by the Weight
    Nigga put Pounds in the Weed Gate
    And It's Ran by Ol' Dirty, my Lil Brotha - he keeps it Dirty"

R.i.P. Ol' Schlutz

this isnt a REAL new album.... isit ?

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Brix View Post
    this isnt a REAL new album.... isit ?
    Call it what you like, it's new material and it sure as hell feels like a Wu album. Only thing calling into question whether this is a real album or not is the length.

Veteran Member

No RZA has said its not a Clan album considering its missing 4 members. More in the vein of Wu Meets Indie

word...something like "Wu meets NY rap legends"

and yo...Havoc fucks everything up IMO.

i respect dude as a producer, but i think he's mad garbage on the mic

Quote Originally Posted by Cappadonna36 View Post
    and yo...Havoc fucks everything up IMO.

i respect dude as a producer, but i think he's mad garbage on the mic
    i think his verse is dope... some review sites think his twitter line kills it