• Mediocre

1 0.79%
  • Wack

4 3.17%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wu - Tang Chamber Music

Quote Originally Posted by 52 Pick-up View Post
    Because it is a compilation.
    ...advertised as an album: http://www.noelshack.com/voir/130309...lbum039744.jpg

I don't care what it's advertised as. At the most I'll call it an EP.

^^Who cares what U call it?

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

It's NOT a clan album, it's a Wu Meets Indie Culture type album, stop being dumb fucks for once.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    It's NOT a clan album, it's a Wu Meets Indie Culture type album, stop being dumb fucks for once.
    Nobody (of us) said that, B.

Bought it....
    Banga!

still waiting for this to arrive in the mail together with "The Blaqprint" but man is this release dope.. Raekwon should get Lil' Fame and RZA to produce, mix and oversee CL2 and we'd probably have a 4-sure classic.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

finally received my copy today and i've been blasting it twice today and shit is still as heavy as i remembered it.. the narrations by RZA doesn't do much for the album though, the intro and Fatal Hesitation would've worked better as the only interludes between these 8 bangers. i really hope that song "I Wish You Were Here" is somewhat a blueprint for how 'Wizard of Poetry' is gonna sound; it should be a classic that way.

8.5/10

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I would rate this between Superior and Banger. I don't understand why people are hating on this. First, it's not a wu-tang clan album so it would be great to have mef, gza and masta on this, but nonetheless it has az, cormega, masta ace, sean price, g rap, mop, havoc. Damn how can anyone argue about those features? Second, this is a compilation like an ep album, and it's really not a big deal if it only has 8 tracks. Atleast, the wu is putting out good music for their fans. Third, the Revelations did a superior job on the production. Brought me back to that golden era of hip hop.

There are only 2 tracks on here (excluding skits) that I wouldn't add to my wu-tang playlist...which are I wish you were here & sound the horns. I marked the album down half a point for not having much tracks and too many skits (although some of them blended well with the album's concept).

Top 5: Harbor Masters, Radiant Jewelz (fav), Evil Deeds, Ill Figures, NYC Crack

Grade: (4/5) A-

Banned

The little content it had I thought it was pretty good - Ghostface and INS were dope.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I reversed the end of NYC Crack where the kung fu guy is talking, some really eerie shit in there, I really wanna go back and see if there is a lot more backmasking in the catalog...

Like has been said plenty of times, the album is a little short, but does every album have to be like 70 plus minutes? I like a shorter album, cassette tape vibe.

^^^this wouldn't even fill up one side of a casette tape

no replay value whatsoever

anyone notice sultan and keelay disappeared once the album dropped?

lol I don't think one side of a cassette tape holds 35 minutes?

has a deathwish NaturalBornKilla's Avatar

I have not listined to this cd yet
    Pass the bone, kid pass the bone
    Let's get on this mission like Indiana Jones