Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greatest athlete from your home state

Organic Poppy Evolves Steel-City Passion's Avatar

Default Greatest athlete from your home state

who is the greatest home grown athlete from your state? The athlete who grew up there and played high school ball and dominated in college or pro ball....Im from Pennsylvania and arguebly the greatest athlete ever from PA is Terrelle Pryor, the highly recruited QB from Jeannette high school who plays at Ohio State...when he played high school ball his team averaged 57 points a game in football and lead the nation in scoring with 860 points in one season...they scored 70 plus points 3 or 4 times and beat every opponent by 35 or more points...Terrelle and the starting lineup never played more than 2 quarters in any game in 2007, including the state championship....they won the states in Football and Basketball...
    the yellow brick road aint sweet at all / and its hard to live life with too much blood in your alcohol / numb minds combine to make the gulliest hoods / NBC primetime said we're misunderstood

Banned

you are only saying terrelle because you were born in that shit hole jeanette. until he has the career of dan marino, joe montana, tony dorsett, ken griffey jr. or johnny unitas, you can't even mention him. quit being a homer.

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

--youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

shit we got plenty..

Joe Louis gets my first thought tho

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    you are only saying terrelle because you were born in that shit hole jeanette. until he has the career of dan marino, joe montana, tony dorsett, ken griffey jr. or johnny unitas, you can't even mention him. quit being a homer.
    lol no doubt

it's a toss up between lawrence taylor and moses malone for VA, IMO.

there was a kid named damone boone, who was a fuckin beast ass RB in high school mid-90's. ran for half a thousand yards in one game. went to maryland, did fuck all, and was never heard from again.

Hey art, first of all stop hatin on the home grown talent..secondly, even though I am from Jeannette everyone knows that terrelle pryor had more success in high school than anyone who ever stepped foot in PA..He is the only football player in PA history to rush and pass for over 4000 yards in a career..He has always had alot of haters but you haters cant stop him, nobody can!!!!! He's the greatest high school athlete ever! He's gonna be the best college QB ever too, just like shaun king said!!!! I wasnt asking for your opinion on terrelle, I was asking who you guys thought was the single best athlete ever in your states history....Get off his dick, lol you probably have an Ohio state #2 jersey tucked away in the back of your closet that you wear on the sneak tip....you know hes great, you just dont wanna see your boy shine
    the yellow brick road aint sweet at all / and its hard to live life with too much blood in your alcohol / numb minds combine to make the gulliest hoods / NBC primetime said we're misunderstood

oh yeah when he wins the heisman Ill send you a pic of us poor jeannette folks parading it around our talent rich city....JEANNETTE, the greatest athletes in Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas

Banned

me get off his dick? you're the one declaring him the greatest athlete ever and he is only 20. there's lots of great high school players who were supposed to be the next great one who never made it. i'm not hating on the hometown. i mentioned unitas, marino, griffey, etc. i'm just saying because you know somebody who knows somebody who knows pryor, don't suck his dick.

is pryor a great athelete? yes. was he a high school phenom? yes. does he have the potential to be on that list of greats? yes. but he's not there yet. so i won't put him on that list.

I'm from Texas so take your pick.
    Drew Brees, Earl Campbell, Mike Singletary, Michael Johnson, LaDainian Tomlinson, etc

Support the Real. Click HERE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post
    I'm from Texas so take your pick.
    Drew Brees, Earl Campbell, Mike Singletary, Michael Johnson, LaDainian Tomlinson, etc

come on, you can't throw drew brees in with that group of guys. i wouldn't even throw tomlinson in there until he proves to be one of the greats over a greater period of time. mike singletary was the greatest middle linebacker i had seen play until ray lewis came along. michael johnson is a world class sprinter and earl campbell's bruising highlights are fucking unbelievable. i wish i could have seen him play in person.

Barry Sanders was pretty good
    I hear Floyd Mayweather had a decent record
    and um kinda drawing a blank but I know Michigan churns out a lot of good athletes

the greatest tennis player ever on this earth, Roger Federer (who just won wimbledon for the 6th time)

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    Barry Sanders was pretty good
    I hear Floyd Mayweather had a decent record
    and um kinda drawing a blank but I know Michigan churns out a lot of good athletes
    Sanders only played pro ball here, he isnt from here

And LOL at Terrelle Pryor being mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    come on, you can't throw drew brees in with that group of guys. i wouldn't even throw tomlinson in there until he proves to be one of the greats over a greater period of time. mike singletary was the greatest middle linebacker i had seen play until ray lewis came along. michael johnson is a world class sprinter and earl campbell's bruising highlights are fucking unbelievable. i wish i could have seen him play in person.

yeah, I don't think they're on the same level but y'know current greats mixed in with some true legends. The list of Texas sporting greats is long as fuck though. You could probably write a book on it.

Support the Real. Click HERE

yeah barry sanders is from kansas i think

i live in missouri right now, and i was looking at the list of famous athletes from MO, and it's pretty fuckin pathetic lol

yogi berra
    bill bradley
    stan musial
    ryan howard
    payne stewart

although a shitload of the people on the wiki list weren't even born in missouri, but it says they're from here. like this motherfucker

win