Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greatest athlete from your home state

oh yeah
    fuckin Magic Johnson

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

lets see umm sincne im originally from mississippi who do we got

walter payton(r.i.p) jerry rice bret farve steve mcnair(r.i.p)...im sure theres more but these guys are the top echelon from that state.

Banned

if you just take pittsburgh area, PA would be the all-time best football team ever. shit, then add central PA and philly, nobody else in the world would have a chance.

from pittsburgh area...
    Joe Montana
    Joe Namath
    Dan Marino
    Jim Kelly
    Johnny Unitas
    Curtis Martin
    Tony Dorsett
    Mike Ditka
    Jason Taylor
    ty law

rest of PA...
    fred belitnikoff
    eddie george
    jack ham
    marvin harrison
    ed mccaffrey
    andre reed
    mark stepnoski

Barry Sanders from my hometown..

honorable mention;
    Dean Smith
    Walter Johnson

Banned

LeBron James
    Jack Nicklaus
    Paul Brown
    Woody Hayes
    Jesse Owens
    Pete Rose
    Mike Schmidt
    John Havlicek
    Don Shula
    Ken Griffey Jr.
    Roger Staubach
    Bobby Knight
    Woody Hayes
    Rollie Fingers
    Jerry Lucas
    Scott Hamilton
    Jack Lambert
    Paul Warfield
    John Heisman
    Larry Csonka
    Aaron Pryor
    Chuck Noll
    Ezzard Charles
    Cris Carter
    Lou 'the toe' Groza
    Branch Rickey
    Barry Larkin
    Len Dawson
    Thurman Munson
    Phil Niekro
    Marion Motley
    George Sisler
    Archie Griffin
    Cy Young

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Ken Griffey Jr.

George Kenneth "Ken" Griffey, Jr. (born November 21, 1969, in Donora, Pennsylvania)

donora is just south of pittsburgh. how many other people on that list are you claiming for ohio but really aren't?

Organic Poppy Evolves Steel-City Passion's Avatar

lol, ask anyone in the state of Pennsylvania who the greatest high school athlete ever was and they'll tell you Terrelle pryor..granted, he is young and he hasnt accomplished anything other than a great high school career and a solid freshman year in college but in a few years people will understand...but for now its hard for anyone outside of PA to know what he's about...he'll show all yall soon...but art is right about pittsburgh though, I didnt read his whole list but here's a few that come to my mind from Pittsburgh

Curtis Martin,
    Dejuan Blair
    Jonathan Baldwin
    Terrelle Pryor
    Darrelle Revis
    Ty Law
    Sean Gilbert
    Jason Taylor
    Verquan Kimbrough.."Champion Boxer in a small weight class"
    Paul Spadafora
    Michael Morrer...former Heavyweight champion
    Dick Hoak

and of course all the old heads like namath, jim kelly, marino and montana..it goes on and on..Pittsburgh breeds the best athletes along side south Florida
    the yellow brick road aint sweet at all / and its hard to live life with too much blood in your alcohol / numb minds combine to make the gulliest hoods / NBC primetime said we're misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by Steel-City Passion View Post
    who is the greatest home grown athlete from your state? The athlete who grew up there and played high school ball and dominated in college or pro ball....Im from Pennsylvania and arguebly the greatest athlete ever from PA is Terrelle Pryor, the highly recruited QB from Jeannette high school who plays at Ohio State...when he played high school ball his team averaged 57 points a game in football and lead the nation in scoring with 860 points in one season...they scored 70 plus points 3 or 4 times and beat every opponent by 35 or more points...Terrelle and the starting lineup never played more than 2 quarters in any game in 2007, including the state championship....they won the states in Football and Basketball...
    lol, ask anyone in the state of Pennsylvania who the greatest high school athlete ever was and they'll tell you Terrelle pryor..granted, he is young and he hasnt accomplished anything other than a great high school career and a solid freshman year in college but in a few years people will understand...but for now its hard for anyone outside of PA to know what he's about...he'll show all yall soon...but art is right about pittsburgh though, I didnt read his whole list but here's a few that come to my mind from Pittsburgh

Curtis Martin,
    Dejuan Blair
    Jonathan Baldwin
    Terrelle Pryor
    Darrelle Revis
    Ty Law
    Sean Gilbert
    Jason Taylor
    Verquan Kimbrough.."Champion Boxer in a small weight class"
    Paul Spadafora
    Michael Morrer...former Heavyweight champion
    Dick Hoak

and of course all the old heads like namath, jim kelly, marino and montana..it goes on and on..Pittsburgh breeds the best athletes along side south Florida
    fuck man, you made the thread

This isn't about high school ball (as it was presented by you) its about what was done in the college and professional ranks. Granted I think an athlete has to play in high school at a state to be considered truly "from there" but Pryor can't be considered anywhere near the level of a Joe Montana or Dan Marino at this point and to suggest otherwise is asinine.

As it is, his game looks a lot like Vince Young's. That'll work in college (and as a Texas fan, I'm sure happy it did) but it hasn't translated too well to the pros at this point. Only time will tell (for each of 'em).

Support the Real. Click HERE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    George Kenneth "Ken" Griffey, Jr. (born November 21, 1969, in Donora, Pennsylvania)

donora is just south of pittsburgh. how many other people on that list are you claiming for ohio but really aren't?
    yea, but he grew up in ohio from the time he was like a month old. BUt you can have it if you really want.
    We kno Penn. is desperate.

Pryor is BUCKEYE. That one should hurt.

So should Eddie George.

The ABBOTT

NE's finest

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    yea, but he grew up in ohio from the time he was like a month old. BUt you can have it if you really want.
    We kno Penn. is desperate.

Pryor is BUCKEYE. That one should hurt.

So should Eddie George.

i guess you're right. it probably would hurt. i hate when anything is near my buckeye

Organic Poppy Evolves Steel-City Passion's Avatar

I love the buckeyes, not everyone from PA is a penn state fan...most people from pittsburgh and its suburbs are pitt fans and follow penn state 2nd..I never liked em, they are 3 or 4 hours from the burgh so I cant consider them a home team..I like the bucks with pryor, ray small, jordan hall who is also from Jeannette pa..the best two players from my home school play ohio state ball so it made me a buck....OH YEA FUCK LEBRON, THE BROWNS AND SORRY ASS CLEVELAND AS A WHOLE...CHOKEEEEE
    the yellow brick road aint sweet at all / and its hard to live life with too much blood in your alcohol / numb minds combine to make the gulliest hoods / NBC primetime said we're misunderstood