Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many hours of sports per week did you do back in school?

Banned

please stop calling soccer football and I will stop.

No offense to the dude who started the thread, but this thread is pretty boring. And does PE stand for Physical Education? Where I went to school, we manly men called it gym class.

what is rounders??

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    what is rounders??
    softball i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN View Post
    theres a massive difference in the way sport is done in the US than in England. maybe the gym / PE classes are the same. 2 hours a week.

i went to a sports academy so we had all sports available.

i was on the basketball team mainly. for 4 years of my secondary school life i played on the team. we won the North London league all the time, it was pretty easy considering our team was the biggest in the league. but that was it we only played against 8 teams every season. never played a South London team. while in America high school teams have national championships. theres the actual difference.

i was also on the Rugby team for a brief period. our school could never actually form a rugby team cause it didnt appeal to anyone in my school. for one year we had a team it was basically a mix of the basketball, football and athletics team. we were fucking good, but none of us really knew the rules too well so we would be in trouble more often than not, then we got disqualified from the league due to a fight which broke out in one of our games.
    lol @ getting disqualified from the league.

i wasn't aware that there were any south london basketball teams.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    in grade school, i think we had gym class twice a week for an hour.

In High School, i think you had to take two years of gym, but you only took it for half a year...but during that half year, you had gym everyday for an hour.

The other half of the year you either took health one year and typing the next, or at least thats what I did.

We had a pool in my school so i remember swimming, basketball, softball, dodgeball, kickball, running, flag football, soccer, floor hockey, weightlifting, volleyball.

all that shit.

some time we would just have open gym.

all the fags played soccer and all the real men played basketball. Of course I played basketball.
    what's flag football?
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

Decipher, son.

Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    No offense to the dude who started the thread, but this thread is pretty boring. And does PE stand for Physical Education? Where I went to school, we manly men called it gym class.

do you guys call it "gym class" because you do all your sports in the gym hall?

and yes, PE stands for physical education.

Decipher, son.

Banned

flag football is football played without tackling because obviously they wont let you play tackle without pads in school. So you wear a belt with flags on the side and if you grab a flag, the person is tackled.

Kickball is like baseball and played in America by gradeschoolers. Pretty much all of the rules of baseball apply, only you use a rubber bouncy ball about the size of a basketball and when you 'bat' you kick it.

to HAN and anyone else who has an opinion,

if we did have a few national sports leagues here, and the games were to be televised. the kids would effectively become famous if they are highly skilled in their game. can you think of any objections that people may have to this idea?

Decipher, son.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryxx View Post
    to HAN and anyone else who has an opinion,

if we did have a few national sports leagues here, and the games were to be televised. the kids would effectively become famous if they are highly skilled in their game. can you think of any objections that people may have to this idea?
    It wouldnt really work, cause the thing is in England if you wanna be a pro in sport you can leave school at 16 and be a pro. nothings really holding you back. in America to play in the NBA or something now you gotta atleast go to college for one year. they push for the education. so if you start having national leagues in England all the kids who do the sports will leave school at 16 and become a pro.

Adult kickball leagues are also real popular:

http://www.kickball.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tryxx View Post
    do you guys call it "gym class" because you do all your sports in the gym hall?

and yes, PE stands for physical education.
    I remember in elementary school, during the gym class we were climbing up ropes, and one of the female students fell down like from the very top of the rope. Luckily there was a mat below, and she just had the wind knocked out of her. When I got into the higher grades, I remember the ropes at that school were so high up that you would have most likely died if you fell from the top. Maybe that's why they never had us climb them.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN View Post
    It wouldnt really work, cause the thing is in England if you wanna be a pro in sport you can leave school at 16 and be a pro. nothings really holding you back. in America to play in the NBA or something now you gotta atleast go to college for one year. they push for the education. so if you start having national leagues in England all the kids who do the sports will leave school at 16 and become a pro.

i was talking about under 16s national leagues really.

i made this thread because i don't think 2 hours of sports a week is enough for kids. and i'm tired of brits losing when it comes to most competitive sports. i don't think this country makes enough provisions for our potential young athletes.

our kids these days are getting fatter and more and more are becoming obese. the kids don't get enough exercise these days. the parents are too paranoid to let their kids walk to and from school for fear of something bad happening to them. the parents can't let their kids play outside after they come home from school because their kids are at risk of getting mugged for their mobile/mp3 player/football/whatever by older kids. so our kids are basically stuck indoors to play xbox/ps3/whatever and/or getting brainwashed by the shit they show on channels like mtv.

HAN, were the sports teams you were involved in made up of kids from different schools from all over or just kids from the same school?

i think the government should do what they can to encourage kids to be more active, if that means extending the school hours to provide a safe place for kids to play sports then they should do it. extending the school hours would also help single mothers get back into work without the need of hiring child care for their kids.

how many of you have seen something done on tv and thought "i can do that", i was thinking if we televised kids sports games, it would encourage more kids to get into a sport.

Decipher, son.

One big thing also that keeps kids from being as active is what we are both doing right now. lol

of course.

Decipher, son.

It seems like the only exercise chicks get nowadays is their mouth moving while talking on their stupid cell phones. Broads nowadays can't even suck a proper di*k without being on their cell phones at the same time.