03 : Bring The Pain ft. Booster
    04 : All I Need
    05 : What The Blood Clot
    06 : Meth Vs. Chef ft. Raekwon
    07 : Sub Crazy
    08 : Release Yo' Delf ft. Blue Raspberry
    09 : P.L.O. Style ft. Carlton Fisk
    10 : I Get My Thang In Action
    11 : Mr. Sandman ft. RZA, Inspetah Deck, Streetlife, Carlton Fisk & Blue Raspberry
    12 : Stimulation ft. Blue Raspberry
    13 : Method Man (Remix)
    14 : I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By ft. Mary J. Blige

Hip hop critics and Wu-tang critics will always have different opinions of this album. SOme may say it is the best Wu-tang album made...while some may argue that this is not a classic album and that Method Man doesnt even have a classic album, although he is on the lists of many peoples favourite emcees. Others may argue that this isnt a hip hop classic, but is a "wu classic". Others may say it's Meths only good album....as "all the wu-tang solos pre '97 era are good". The reviews of this album are always fun to look at....and the opinons will be very different.

Nevertheless, this album is certified platinum and was the first solo wu-tang LP to do so....so how good is it? The people who post below this will say.......

Default Re: Method Man - Tical

This was the first solo wu album I heard.........duh. But I thought it was a good album. This album and meth put wu on the map for sure.

Ticaaaaal!

If this ain't classic, Mozart and Bach ain't classic.
    The album is very dark and grimey with low bass tunes.
    Rza came razorsharp and Meth drops bombs.

What The Blood Clot & Mr. Sandman are my favourite Meth joints.

Formerly Arsehole

01 : Tical
    02 : Biscuits
    11 : Mr. Sandman ft. RZA, Inspetah Deck, Streetlife, Carlton Fisk & Blue Raspberry
    14 : I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By ft. Mary J. Blige
    My version is:

01 : Tical
    02 : Biscuits
    14 : Bring the Pain (Remix)
    15 : Release Yo' Delf (Prodogy Remix)

Anyway, 8.5/10 for me. Great every now and then but it doesn't demand constant repeats.

Veteran Member

the best meff album ever!!

it is deff classic!

RZA was amazing on the proudction and meff was amazing on the lyrics

an thats all u need good in an album so yeh its a classic to me

an i listen to this album sooooo much

spectacular album! great dark soundscape from RZA. wont even entertain the thought of skipping anything on here. but there is something missing that wont let me call it classic.

9.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

Its definately Meth's darkest and best album period!!! Its not in the same caliber as "Only Built for Cuban Linx...", "Liquid Swords" or "Ironman" but it delivers raw lyrics and dope beats.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

01 : Tical | What's that shit that they be smokin'? TICAAAAL!! TICAAAAL! | 5/5
    02 : Biscuits | Crrraaazy beat by The RZA, you don't hear beats like this no more | 5/5
    03 : Bring The Pain ft. Booster | Method Man's best song ever? Could be. | 6(!)/5
    04 : All I Need | I like the original version better than the Puffy Remix. | 5/5
    05 : What The Blood Clot | Another banger, but not quite as good as the 4 first tracks. | 4/5
    06 : Meth Vs. Chef ft. Raekwon | Ill, crazy track with rhymes going back'n'forth between Meth and Chef. | 5/5
    07 : Sub Crazy | This beat is so VIOLENT. I just picture violence in my mind when I hear this song. The beat is so layered and typical for RZA and this album. | 5/5
    08 : Release Yo' Delf ft. Blue Raspberry | Listen to the snare on this beat. ILL. Ill beat, crazy lyrics. | 5/5
    09 : P.L.O. Style ft. Carlton Fisk | Carlton Fisk up in this shit. Great song, but just not as good as the rest. | 4/5
    10 : I Get My Thang In Action | Hmm... somehow I don't remember this track. (I ain't got the CD here with me so I can't hear it) | ?/?
    11 : Mr. Sandman ft. RZA, Inspetah Deck, Streetlife, Carlton Fisk & Blue Raspberry | I always laugh when I hear RZA rapping on this beat, you can tell he's high on something. Love it tho. | 4.5/5
    12 : Stimulation ft. Blue Raspberry | I miss those collabo's between Wu and B.R. It always ended up in great tracks! | 4.5/5
    13 : Method Man (Remix) | Naaah... I've never digged this remix. Feel kinda unecessary. | 2/5
    14 : I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By ft. Mary J. Blige | A great remix, but it can't fuck with the original OR the RZA Remix which contains one of RZA dopest beats. But a great song anyways. | 5/5

Overall: 5/5
    A classic album most definately, but it's not really on the same level as OB4CL or Liquid Swords or Ironman. There's only one track I skip, and that's the Method Man Remix. Otherwise every song is dope. Some of RZA's best productions and some of Method Man's best rhymes and songs. A must buy!

I remember in an interview with Meth quite a few years ago, that most of the album was lost when RZA's basement flooded, so most of the album we hear now was re-done (re-remembered) or just done from scratch.

Did Carlton Fisk go to prison for that verse, it's pretty descriptive? If the police have a case that fits the description, they can snag him. That's what happened to X-Raided up in Sacramento.

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

Wu Vatican

Method Man's "Tical" was the first Wu general to release a solo album in 1994. This album contains a lot of the sound which was on the groups group debut, "36 Chambers." Here's my review on one of the grittest albums conducted.

Tical-5/5-Starts off really rugged. One of the grittiest, eeriest beats on the album. Method has a slow flow, but is really head nodding. A really good intro to the rest of the album

Biscuits-5/5-One of the best beats you'll hear from RZA. He had to have been severely dusted when he made this beat, because it's pure craziness. The bass is so sick, it's probably one of the best bass songs the Wu Tang in general has put out.

Bring the Pain-5/5-Another really smooth beat from RZA, but Method Man destroys it lyrically with this one. "Is it real son, is it really real son, want it raw deal son, if it's really real." He has such perpetuous flow.

All I Need-4/5-For a long time I didn't like the beat, but it has grown on me. This is a pretty banging song. It sounds like Streetlife is with Method Man on the chorus. Method says "Power U" a lot. Good song.

What the Blood Clot-4/5-Would be a 5 but Method drops short verses. Too much of the end is just talking except about Dirt fucking with a napkin on his dick, that cracks me up. Word has it RZA bought this album from Y-Kim? Well either way it's a dope beat.

Meth vs. Chef-5/5-One of the best beats on the album. RZA drops a crazy loop on this one. Now who wins the battle? I still think Raekwon did. Raekwon from 93-97 was one of the best ever. Method Man drops sickness though too.

Sub Crazy-3/5-Another incredible bassline. I don't love the beat that much but Method drops dope verses.

Release Yo Delf-5/5-Ahhh a great trumpet beat. RZA knows how to bring it. Method Man has his best verses on this song. Best song on the album right here.

P.L.O. Style-4/5-A grimey, gritty beat. RZA was on some shit with this beat. I love Fisk on this track. "Commercial rap, hate it with a passion." Who woulda thought Method Man would have released the Prequel some 10 years later.

I Get My Thang In Action-3/5-It's such a dark, gritty beat. It's almost surreal. A dope song but it's missing something to me. Should have had like a U-God verse or something but I think he was incarcerated at the time.

Mr. Sandman-5/5-This is classic 36 Chambers style right here. RZA has that crazy style he used for the first few years of Wu Tang. Dope verse from here, but Carlton Fisk was on some crazy shit, he killed this song. Actually, everyone on this song killed it.

Stimulation-5/5-I love the beat it seems real Kung Fu style. Dope beat. Dope verses by Method Man. This is a classic song. This would have been a good single I think.

Method Man Remix-3/5-Ok remix.

56/65

A near classic but it falls a little short.

Fuck a title

this aint no classic but the rza did rip the production board up on this!!! meth isnt even on point as much as he is on EVERY wu cd. It seems that meth only shows up if an mc on the track rips it... THEN ITS ON!!! still a good and original cd. COP that
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=70510498

"I dont battle anymore! I uplift mothafuckers!-gza

FRESH FISH

Classic fo' show.

Wild like rock stars who smash guitars!
    -------
    R.I.P. J Dilla a.k.a. Jay Dee (1974 - 2006)

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Meths best album IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

IMO, Tical is up there with Liquid Swords, OB4CL and Iron Man...everytime i throw this thing in my stereo, i can't force myself to hit the skip button, it just sounds perfect all the way through...Meth is the one who got me into Wu, so I guess that has something to do with it..

Alex36

ID give it a 7