0 0%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Method Man - Tical

Master piece no doubt!!!

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by JehovAllah View Post
    Master piece no doubt!!!
    Really, you think so? What makes it a masterpiece in your opinion?

It's a great album and still stands up today.

That whole vibe of the album played front to back is great, If you copped this around the time it came out you will consider this a classic but I can also understand how newer fans would pick this up and not really dig it that much.

Nearly 10 years later though and this album still retains it's dark atmosphere. At the time (94), Wu Tang had to deliver on their potential displayed on their debut and they did just that with this release. Had it been any longer, it would've suffered but the length is pretty much perfect. (saved for the tacked on unneeded Method Man remix)

FRESH FISH

My favorite wu solo release deffinetly up there with liquid swords and obfcl a classic for sure.

Anyone cop the new vinyl reissue of this album?

I never really got into Tical. The album is ok, but I think that the atmosphere/beats where to dark for meth (Beats would suit a rzarektah/gravediggaz album more IMO). Having said that I prefer meth on this vibe as opposed to the later stuff he released.

Mr sandman is that joint though.

There is a sameness to some of the beats, sounds like one thick bass heavy soup if that makes any sense. Many times I've tried to get into this album, but still some songs stick out and others don't.

I've always wondered whether the remaster was worth the purchase. Is there really a noticeable difference in sound? If so I'd buy it. I might appreciate the album more.

@zooruka : Mr Sandman is one of the illest Wu posse cuts for sure. The elusive Carlton Fisk shines on this one! He spits one of my favorite all time Killa Bee verses on here.
    Retired.

Bought the deluxe remaster after all, just listened for the first time. must say it was worth it, bass etc. is much clearer. can't really say though whether it would be worth it for many other people. I suffered some permanent hearing loss on low tones in my right ear in the early 2000s due to a diving accident and an album like 'Tical' has never sounded the same since. but the remaster comes much closer to the way I 'remember' the album back when I could hear everything, thanks to the polished up bass. I'm really enjoying this album again.

the deluxe edition's second disc contains 'The Riddler', all the official remixes to the singles and a remix of 'Wings of the Morning'. Nothing spectacular, but it still good to hear these goods in prime audio quality.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-10-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    Retired.

voted superior, 9/10
    bangin album but if this is a 10/10 then shit like LS and OB4CL are like 15/10

This album is an 8/10 compared to all the Wu solos in context. The singles make it a worthy purchase and the first Wu Banger posse cut of the solos with "Mr. Sandman". Overall RZA knew what he was doing with the dark misty beats which complemented Meth's first time out enough to take him very serious. I always hated that the " All I Need" video was the Razor Sharp Remix with Mary J but the song was nowhere on the album. Always felt it should have been the bonus track and that Method Man Remix should have been on a 36 Chambers reissue. Nowadays we are getting exactly that but its still on Disc 2 while I still want it on the album at the end.
    Last edited by cbfwebs; 02-09-2016 at 12:58 PM.
    Fav Wu Members - Deck . GZA . Ghost
    Upcoming
    GZA/Genius – Dark Matter ; Liquid Swords II: The Return of the Shadowboxer * Inspectah Deck – Uncontrolled Substance 2 * Raekwon – The Purple Tape Files ; Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… Pt. III * Ghostface Killah x MF DOOM – DOOMStarks: Swift & Changeable * Ghostface Killah – Supreme Clientele Presents… Blue & Cream: The Wally Era * Method Man – Crystal Meth * Method Man x Redman – Blackout! 3 ; How High 2/Too High * Masta Killa – Loyalty is Royalty (9/29)

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

It has been twenty five years since this dropped. Infinitely grimy ambience on this album

The ABBOTT

26 years now. It just get even better with age.