6 4.65%
  • mediocre

1 0.78%
  • wack

2 1.55%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Killah Priest - Heavy Mental

Son of the Egyptian Blood

Simply a classic hip hop album , wu or not.

I have only had this album a few weeks, wasn't sure at first listen, but loving it now.
    18th March 2006

GENERAL WISE

Lyrics3%
    Production: Science Projects, Atoms to Adam, Tai Chi, fuck 100% ( igive these out very rarely)

overall 96.5% goodness
    10/10

God Ukarema

10/10 def a HIP HOP classic.

Killa made me go pick up a book after hearing this album.

....classic
    ...been hardcore since my Commodore

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/Nathaniel9

What can I say more? It's a classic and one of the best LP's ever, not only in Wu catalogue. Wisdom. wisdom, wisdom... plus sick beats, what do you want more? If You Don't Know is one of the illest tracks ever But songs like One Step, Cross My Heart, Tai Chi or From Then Til Now are classics too.

Im Ballin' As Fuck Bitch King Callabah's Avatar
    The Hide Out, somewhere in the South East

all i gotta say is one of the best fuckin hip hop albums ever in the history of the shit, Priest = one of the greatest hands down

i lack that part of me thats supposed to give a fuck
    im so fuckin ballin' i walk around with L1NK's muma on ma dick muh'fucka

Default poll

poll for heavy mental
    Christianity = White Supremacy

BANGER some classic shit on it though.

Wu Vatican

My opinion changed from the review I had. Now I think it's a definate classic. Overlooked album by the masses.

Definetly one of my favs....I actually had a lot of my CDs stolen so I'm on the path of replacing a lot of my ish....and this one is first on my list
    "Fuck fame... I'll shoot a hole in a 50 cent piece to test my aim." - Masta Killah (One Blood)

"Kiss the pyramid...experiment wit high explosives. I slap box wit Jesus....lick shots at Joseph." - GFK (Daytona 500)

Quote Originally Posted by the surgeon
    One of the best albums ever released lyrically.I didin't like it at first as it went over my head and just seemed a little 2 abstract 2 me but after multiple listens i can appreciate it 4 the master piece it is
    Yeah, this came out when i was 12 so i couldn't really apreciate it. It was just too much for my comprehension at the time but fast forward a few years now i think it's amazing.
    "There’s not too many jewels being dropped these days. Everyone wants to shake their ass. I call the club the devil’s box. Hip-hop is at an all-time low. It’s sad. It’s going nowhere but down. We’re living out the last days, the last two pages of the bible." - Ghostface Killah (REAL TALK)

WU-TANG, HIPHOP'S LAST HOPE!?!?!?

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Pshhh.. I had this album for a while..I'll rate it.

01 : Intro-Don't Rate

02 : One Step ft. Tekitha & Hell Razah- One of the best tracks on the Cd priest is lyrically correct on here, Tekeitha fucked up at the end but it's all good. 4.5/5

03 : Blessed Are Those- I hate this shit the beat is weak not feeling. This track is average, his flow is boring on here. 3.5/5

04 : From Then Till Now- I'm feeling this shit right here Priest flow is on point once again. Y-Kim did a nice job with this one. 4.5/5

05 : Cross My Heart ft. Inspectah Deck & GZA - 2 Best track on the cd Deck and Gza save the day Both have great openin bars. 4.5/5

06 : Fake MC's - He is just talking on here...the beat is nice enough to keep it on though, he is speaking some real but rap. 4/5

07 : It's Over - I'm feeling the beat right here. His flow is shakey right here but its all good. I love how he endfs the song "YOUR CAREER IS NOW FINISHED"! 4/5

08 : Crosaids - Skit

09 : Tai Chi ft. Hell Razah, 60 Second Assassin & Father Lord- OMFG!!!!! 60 Sec. Fucked up this track so fucking bad it dont make sense!! Hell Razah killed his verse..Im zoning out then 60 comes on im like wtf???? shit is so horrible he did the same bullshit on soldiers of darkness....Id rather have holocaust on this track! 3.5/5

10 : Heavy Mental- skit

11 : If You Don't Know ft. Ol' Dirty Bastard- Best fucking song on the cd! O.d.B. (r.I.P.) kills the hook , i was def, feeling this, priest comes correct his flow is great on here no bullshit. 5/5

12 : Atoms To Adam ft. Shangai The Messenger- For some reason I'm feeling this shit. his flow is kinda off but the hook keeps me tuned. 4/5

13 : High Explosives- This shit is ok, I dont know wtf priest is sayin on here for real, weak lines like "Ill run through your kingdom and conquer you" doesnt keep me tuned, the beat does though. 4/5

14 : Wisdom - This is my shit right here, he speaking about women and everything he is nice on the mic. 4.5/5

15 : B.I.B.L.E.- Man I heard this shit so many times I skip this track. 4/5

16 : Mystic City- Everything is correct on this track thats all i gotta say. 4.5/5

17 : Information - Track is complete bullshit, all that shit he said back then is supposed to be happenin now, its not, i skip this track. 3/5

18 : Science Project ft. Hell Razah- Razah comes correct on the hook. Nice story telling by priest. 4.5/5

19 : Almost There- Flow is off but its still understandable nice track right here. 4/5

20 : The Professional- not feeling this shit at all i skip this shit. 3.5/5

Lyrically 4.5/5
    Beats 4/5
    Overall .... 4.5/5(BARELY) I cant give this shit 5 stars.It's great but come on this shit is overrated for real. Priest was sayin this shit deserved 5 mics?? Nigga fix ya flow first of all...
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 07-21-2006 at 08:02 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

yeah there are several great jointz on this one.. overall i think 8/10
    dat everBlissfulOne

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Hollow Dartz ur review was pretty on point cept for one thing..

Heavy Mental-skit

and u didnt give a rating....that skit might be the best fuckin thing on this classic album...smokin a blunt to that skit can put u in a different fuckin world. i LOVE that shit..