Thread: Voodoo

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Default Voodoo

anybody have any experience/knowledge about Voodoo?

i dont know much about it but remember listening to Mutabaruka talking about how Voodoo is villified by mainstream society while it is ancient african spiritual practice that been used by African and the diasopra (mainly in haiti i believe) for centuries.

what is the true essence of voodoo?
    We do it for the people.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

someone knows something about it -

what does voodoo mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    anybody have any experience/knowledge about Voodoo?

i dont know much about it but remember listening to Mutabaruka talking about how Voodoo is villified by mainstream society while it is ancient african spiritual practice that been used by African and the diasopra (mainly in haiti i believe) for centuries.

what is the true essence of voodoo?
    Voodoo is a mix of several west african religions and practices.

the essense is as followed.

There is a supreme God. This God is less human like our definition, and more so a realm or a dimension.

the igbos split the universe into 3 levels.

God dimension- Chukwu, or God, you dont go to this place but it's where destiny comes from and can't be changed. Kind of a universe with destiny scripts.

Spiritual dimension- this is where the dead go before reincarnation if they are ever reincarnated, so are stuck there. Ppl that go to the spirit dimension (everyone) can interact with ppl in our dimension, which is where voodoo as we know it comes from. Its simply using traditions, rituals, and offerings that the spirits are aware of to communicate with them and get them to do things for you and guide you.

in the spirit dimension there are also supreme spirits. There are your 'gods' and guardians, but calling them Gods is a part of an ignorant western misinterpretation. they are not worshipped, if anything they're like phone operators you use to communicate to other spirits, or to that specific spirit. So those carvings aren't gods, just mediums to speak to spirits. you can't speak to God cause it's not a person.

then there's Earth, our dimension. When you die you go to the spirit dimension until you are reincarnated into a new born and get another chance to live life. So spirits get reincarnated and have a shitty destiny
    these are known in igbo as alusi or obanje

obanje is a baby spirit that impregnates you if you have an abortion, are a slut, or just a shitty women, or if you've wronged the spirits somehow.
    when you have an obanje you have a miscarriage with is the worst thing in the world for an african woman. This miscarriage will cause grief, die and comeback through someone else until a medium communicates wif duh spirits and makes a deal with it to stop.

im its essence most african religions have a universal acceptance and reverance for the concept of destiny, which is emphasised by the igbo. They believe that since God is good and God is destiny their destiny is good and when something shity happens its an interferance by some spirit that needs to be settled.

to tell you the truth though every african tribe has its own religion(s) within the tribe, and various sects and what not, you can't sum it up, but voodoo is a mix up of a lot of them and even at that varies from house to house when it comes to voodoo. the one i explained is Odiniai.

Its more of a tool or science where if you acknowledge it's basic structure you manipulate it how you choose but it doesn't require praise to a God or anything like that. If something good is happening praising God makes sense cause you're praising your destiny.

my only experience is when my brother was little he was crippled and if we stayed in the US he would have been in a wheel chair.

They did a ritual to his legs and he was walking.

so i can't tell you this shit is bull or doesn't exist being that i've seen it happen.

Live in africa for a year and you're gurantee to see some bugged out shit that will fully convince you black ppl have magic powers lol. no joke.

oh, its also a naturalist/roots religion that places divinity in nature and influences ppl to live with it as opposed to against it.

A lot of streams, forests, jungles, animals, seasons ect are sacred and there's usually a story behind it so you have to be careful how you treat nature.

For instance an boa constrictor is considered equal to human beings in my area cause that's the boa's territory and we're just settles on their land, thus if one crawls into your house you have to give it a bowl of food like a regular person and let it chill out for a little bit before you remove it with a stick.

if you kill it, it'll comeback and kill you.

a guy i know killed one cause he doesn't believe in that shit and the next morning there was a boa wrapped around his baby, it didn't kill the baby though and several other ppl seconded the story.

bugged out shit.

and another dude for new orleans told me his mom put a curse on his dad and his dad woke up with medically unexplainable puss filled warts all over his skin, and his dad was in Nebraska.

usually when asking spirits for a favor you have to exchange something, sometimes someone, for it to be granted.

one glance at a nigerian newspaper and you'll encounter stories of ppl you gave up their dick to vomit money.

fucking dope shit.

interesting read

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

thanks for the info TSA

my only experience is when my brother was little he was crippled and if we stayed in the US he would have been in a wheel chair.

They did a ritual to his legs and he was walking.
    thats crazy, and dope as fuck at the same time.

Africans is watsup for real lol.
    We do it for the people.

up

can anyone tell me the difference (if there is in fact a difference) between voodoo/vodun, santeria, and palo

from what i study palo has 5 different stages

Veteran Member

This is one of the reasons why black people are fucked up. A lot of us believe in this nonsense. I could tell you some stories as well, being that some of my fam believes in this, and come from countries that practice it (at least in secret) but I won't. I researched this magic stuff for over a decade and have determined that it is false.