Thread: Least and most favourite verse from Triumph

Default Least and most favourite verse from Triumph

It's a classic song, probably one of the most well known songs from the Wu Tang.. with its brilliant video. It never gets old...

Inspecta Deck my favourite member of the Wu Tang definetly had the best verse, along with GZA and the RZA ofcourse, fuck masta killa came raw with giving sight to the blind. It was all dope. For some reason when someone starts off during the introduction, the one who is spitting the intro verse is always the best, like impossible so many other wu tang songs have the best verses during the beginning. I think Deck ripped For Heavens sake too. Which was once at again at the beginning.

IMO, Ghostface verse was wack near the end, don't see what was so special about it.. Seperate the english from the dutch. I think it was the worst verse. Even though Ghostface is dope, but came kinda wack compared to others who spit doper verses.

man I guess y'all niggaz dont even give a fuck about this topic

maybe cuz its been overdiscussed for twelve years now...
    to make it brief, my favorite verse is of course deck's, and my least favorite is cappa's. masta has a horrible flow on there but lyrics are good.
    i love ghosts verse on triumph, separate the english from the dutch was actually a line i loved... as a drinker and smoker, maybe. anyway to me he has the second best verse.
    i also love when rza spits "enter through your right ventricle clog up your bloodstream
    now terminal / like grand central station / program fat basslines on novation / gettin drunk like a fuck n duckin five year probation"

STREET CORNER, by MANO

Inspectah Deck,Kid!

i aint listened to the forever discs in a long time

*listening now*

probably cappa, his breathing ruins it.

Damn. I meant to say seperate the english from the dutch was the only cool thing out of that verse. Cappadona was pretty sick with the poetry whirlpool, paragraphs contain sionide.. but he cant really rhyme that well. Fuck that, look at all these crab niggas laid back, something about a bitches rack like rat trapped in my fat.

Like wtf is that. Sall good though raekwon cleaned it up at the end with his verse

Ruler of the Solar Realm Sun Supreme's Avatar

he says "look at all these crab niggas laid back, lampin like them gray and black pumas on my mans rack".

Interpretation: look at the dumb niggas chillen like the gray and black shoes on my friends shoe rack. Considering he doesnt wear them much and they just sit there.
    Call me Sun cuz I shine like 1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran Member

Naw son. Ghostfaces verse is really interesting. Have you seen the movie Belly with method man, nas, and dmx.

Remember that scene that had method up in the club with the bitch-ass-nigga with the long hair? He (the bich-ass-nigga) slipped something in Method mans drink, Method gets doped up and has to leave the club shootin. He also had on camoflaugue fatigue shit.

Now take another look at the intro of Ghostfaces' verse:

Yo! Yo! Yo, fuck that, look at all these crab niggaz laid back
    Lampin like them gray and black Puma's on my man's rack
    Codeine was forced in your drink
    You had a Navy Green salamander fiend, bitches never heard you scream
    You two-faces, scum of the slum, I got your whole body numb

Shit was used in the movie.

Also on another note. Nas' lyrics were also used in the plot of the movie. Remember 'one love' where nas talks about a kid selling drugs and shooting peeps?

"Nas, niggas could be bustin' off the roof
    So I wear a bullet proof and pack a black tres-deuce"
    He inhaled so deep, shut his eyes like he was sleep...

...I had to school him, told him don't let niggas fool him.."

They used that for the movie too in that part where Nas rolls by the pj's and talks to that kid and has a smoke wit him.

Anyway, that was off subject.

Back to Ghostface. Ghostface is talkin about lacin a crab nigga and turning him into a fiend. Then Ghost starts to big himself up.

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

Ghost's verse is probably my favourite, followed by Inspectah's and then Meth's. However, everyone comes hard on this track.