The W
    8 Diagrams
    Protools
    Grandmasters
    Tical 2000
    Iron Flag
    Dopium

Here is my top 20 breakdown

I put Cuban Linx 2 in the #7 spot. I think it's better than the modern classics, No Said Date and Fishscale, but not as good as the top 6, all golden era releases. Everything in the top ten is 4.5 or above. I would call Tical the weakest of the golden era releases, starting at #11. Even though Return to 36 isn't a perfect album, it's uniqueness equates to #8. Sliding in at #16 and rounding out the top 20 are Pro Tools and Dopium, relatively new releases. Legend of a Liquid Sword would be my pick for #21 meaning GZA has 5 of the top 21 albums released.

i thought this was ur top 10 breakdown..
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32959

{>____<}

I just brought the album last Saturday and all I can say is that I like it VERY much. There isn't a track that I don't like. Good job Rae.

4.5/5
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

A better Title Than Yours RagapanD-ZALLAH's Avatar

Album is Superior now but in couple years we will be calling it a classic.
    I dunno bout anyone else but i would of loved to hear a Wu Gambinos Part 2 but oh well
    Rae gave us something fresh and new.

^ yeah "Wu Gambinos II" would be ill, i could've imagined it being over the "Black Mozart" beat which had the right mafioso type of vibe.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

It's been 5 months and it's still in rotation.

PRODIGAL SUN

im a young fella so ive missed the hype on alot of wu's classics.. but it was cool seeing a fresh wu album come out and picking it up.

and imo i think OB4CL2 is a classic..

im usually just diggin' up old stuff but now im diggin' up old stuff while blastin' CL2!!

peace.
    Last edited by dret.izm; 02-05-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Banned

I still don't get why Rae decided to call it a sequel instead of just another release. puts too much anticipation and comparisons by calling it Cuban Linx Part 2. anyway, the production is just as good as in the original, though it's more hit-and-miss on part 2. the original is also more grimy and moody, this one is like a celebration-type album. the only thing better on part 2 than the original is Rae's storytelling ("blood squirtin' out his neck, look like laundry detergent" on Fat Lady Sings, etc). also, the first half of the album is way better than the second half. the first 9 tracks all are bangers (flying daggers, pyrex vision, cold outside, gihad, new wu, black mozart)...then suddenly the album goes on a slump and shimmers in-and-out.

RZA and J Dilla get the nod for best production. though Necro's solo beat is awesome too

yeah rza did a really good job on this one...
    black mozart is a combination of the so called old rza and the new experimental rza... fuckin great... and the corus he putted on is just great!!! awesome at the concert in münster/germany!

and new wu has the quality to fit on cuban linx 1...

yesterday i finaly recived my copy of OB4CL2. euro versions with 24 tracks... that 23rd track is str8 banger, didint heard it b4.

i took a pause from all the Wu shit since a lil' while back but with the "Wu Massacre" LP leaking yesterday, the shit made me re-visit "Cuban Linx Pt. II" for the first time in maybe a month or two. i can't believe it's already been 6 months since this album first leaked (picked it up the first day of release and played that shit daily for the first 3 months) and the shit still sounds plain incredible to my ears. Raekwon definitely took his time with this one to make sure he stood on real solid ground, following up the, maybe, greatest hip-hop album of all time is a damn hard task and while the sequel obviously doesn't live up to it's preceedor it's still carries on it's legacy in a tasteful manner.

looking back now i think Rae made a wise choice including a who's who of the best producers in the industry rather than letting RZA handle the entire album by himself. all the songs on here have a clear Wu influence to them and it's obvious that the involved beat-makers tried to honour the original sound of the "Ob4cl2" while still keeping the sound fresh and up to date. Raekwon sounds like a real vet on here, a respected man in the game who been through a whole lot, lost alot and is now hungry for redemption. The flow is more laid-back but it works well in the context and the wordplay is still imacculate, this guy has to be the illest slang-twister to ever emerge from New York; even spitting about drugs and crime stories for 75 minutes never get boring because of the vivid wordplay and slanged out tonge twisting. even when backed up by RZA, Dilla, Pete Rock, Marley Marl, Erick Sermon, The Alchemist, Dr. Dre, Scram Jones, MoSS, Allah Mathematics and others the album seems focused because they all striving towards a similair goal, incorporating alot of the formula from Part 1 to their respective sounds.

i'm glad i took a pause from this shit because revisiting it now, it seems it makes me appreciate it even more. i honestly don't think i, truthfully ever expected a Wu-Tang album this hot 15 years after "Ob4cl" but here we are. if i was gonna sit here and speak on favorite cuts i would have to throw like 2/3's of the album out there, and that's a fucking solid product from the top chef!

4.75/5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

*smacks myself for being skepitcal about this album*

ob4cl2 > wu massacre > manifesto

I probably listened to pyrex vision like 300 times so far

Love raes new album...i was happy to see popa wu on it as well...i was lucky enough to have popa wu drop some knowledge on my album ... You can check it out for a free download go to

www.knowledgeborn07.com

add me on fb if ya dig

www.facebook.com/knowledgeborn07