2 1.00%
  • Mediocre

3 1.49%
  • Wack

1 0.50%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Pt II

Quote Originally Posted by hollow dartz View Post
    i'm using my powers to get the 1st spot, so fuck whoever lol and i'm not adding a poll until the 8th, or maybe 2 weeks later.
    just heard this shit:

THIS ALBUM REDEFINES MUSIC COMPLETELY. NO ALBUM WILL EVER LIVE UP TO THIS IN LIFE
    Last edited by Poetic Wun; 09-01-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Wun View Post
    fucked up, man.
    LOL I know but I had to do it, I got Love for my niggaz OZ. I'm serious about that poll shit too. Let me copy and paste what I did to the first post of the thread for niggaz who didn't read.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    HOLLOW DARTZ' RESERVED SPOT. REVIEW COMING THREE WEEKS AFTER THE ALBUM DROPS. YA'LL NIGGAZ LIKE TO CALL SHIT CLASSIC OR WACK ON THE FIRST LISTEN. CUT THAT SHIT OUT.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

recerved (skampology)

reversed

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Rae serve
    bring back begongo!!

---

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Default Only Bulit 4 Cuban Linx 2

Only have the snippets but what did you think
    here's the link for the snippets
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...NX8T96YJ2WDX99
    and go down to listen to smaples and click listen to all

reserved....haha just kidding

poasting. listening now

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Default Official raekwon - ob4cl....pt.ii review

As the hype behind Only Built 4 Cuban Linx….Pt. II built over the last few years you thought almost it was going be another long line of mythological albums that never appeared or materialized. On the contrary Raekwon the Chef drops prolly almost an overly hyped album that meets the hype and then some. From the jump of the album (primarily after the intro) “House of Flying Daggers” is the tone and table setter that serves up a J Dilla beat specifically constructed for the WU. With that said every cat on there goes in superbly vicious especially Deck opening and showing he has no rhyme rust. From there Raekwon takes us on a story driven lp that is like seeing Van Gogh or Andy Warhol making art while in the process life is going on that’s what “Pyrex Vision”, “Sonny’s Missing” and “Cold Outside” all mix together.

From the onset you feel the soul of this album almost from the start and it never stops with “Black Mozart” featuring RZA and Inspectah Deck to the “New Wu” back to “Gihad” all the way to “Surgical Gloves” it all sounds very cohesive never giving up the sound just satisfy the audience at any time. For the most part Rae sword is predominately on point without any sacrifices and makes the point specifically blank from the whole presentation of the LP that this is a real rap album not that “garbage” they be slinging over there.

Even with the varied produces from RZA to BT to Dr. Dre to Scram Jones to J Dilla the sound is purely solid and relentless that never gives up or puts in this sound just get this audience, which is something hip hop has been lacking lately. From the stories to pure lyrical slabs this joint is like food that taste great already that you cannot wait to eat, heads for a while have been starving for this type of rap. Overall surprise tracks like “Broken Safety”, “10 Bricks”, “Kiss the Ring”, “Fat Lady Sings” all show Raekwon’s swag and he’s backing all his claims up to the fullest this album doesn’t have flaws that stick out and if they do they’re so small you don’t even notice. I’m giving this album a coveted 4.5 out 5 on the basis this album will stand time and will be the classic it’s built to be. Just remember it was only built for Cuban linx.

4.5 OUT OF 5 (GIVE A FEW YEARS IT'LL BE A 5 OUT OF 5 SOON TO COME)
    Last edited by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS; 09-01-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Veteran Member

So far some things Ive noticed...

House Of Flying Daggers is the original version with GZA doing the chorus in the beginning & after Raekwons verse

Sonnys Missing has a intro from The Killer

Gihad cut the intro movie sample "I know what I am, people look up to me, etc."

New Wu has a small beat drop in the beginning of Ghost's verse

9.5 outta 5
    "Side effects of, hot raps and hot tracks
    A duffle bag full of guns son, dipped in black
    "

http://www.myspace.com/jpersona
    http://twitter.com/jpjasonpowers

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80108

wheres hollow in this bitch lol, dudes are making threads allover this place

just finnished listening to the album, definitely a great LP but i'ma have to give it some more spins before i throw out a rating.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Cilvaring's Father deezGlazedTonsils1981's Avatar

reserved