2 1.00%
  • Mediocre

3 1.49%
  • Wack

1 0.50%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Pt II

Veteran Member

Disagree, Kareem Khan is such an ill robbery story tellin' track minus the hook

^^ nah that shit is fucking CRAZY all the way round, including the hook... 5/5 song no doubt - beat is rock hard, Rae, GZA and Masta Killa do it more than justice and GZA is even iller than we heard him in a long time. chorus by Slick Rick is funny as shit but actually works in my ears.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

Naw sorry that hook is straight whack, detracts from the song so much.

"GZA is even iller than we heard him in a long time."

Yeah thats because it was recorded in 2005/2006. I can 99% guarantee you GZA's verse wouldnt been as ill if it was recorded by 2008 Pro Tools GZA

The Specializt Wu-Fam Specializt's Avatar

I been a Wu fan for 14 years and I'm as impressed as I ever been right now. This shit is fuckin fuego. The production, Rae's flow, the features were all strong. These are the beats Rae devours right here, those dark, slow, gritty East Coast type shits. The God Raekwon is back heavy on this one. That's what's good Rae! I'm sayin... beyond my expectations homie.

Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin' Ta Fuck Wit!

Wu-Tang the best rap group of all time, rush lil shotgun rest around 9.

I'm A Specializt Specializing In Special Shit.

4,5/5 right now, 5/5 in a few weeks/months/years.

1) North Star Intro - Amazing intro, poppa wu reminds Rae to watch out out for the liars and cheaters.

2) House Of Flying Daggers - 5/5

3) Sonny's Missing - 5/5

4) Pyrex Vision - 5/5

5) Cold Outside - 4/5

6) Black Mozart - 5/5

7) Jihad - 5/5

8) New Wu - 5/5

9) Penitentiary - 5/5

10) Bagging Crack - 5/5

11) Surgical Gloves - 5/5...8 Million stories!! (he also mentions this in the starting of Sonny's missing)

12) Broken Safety - 5/5

13) Canal Street - 4/5

14) Ason Jones - 5/5

15) Have Mercy - 3.5/5

16) 10 Bricks - 5/5

17) Fat Lady Sings - 5/5

18) Catalina - 5/5

19) We Will Rob You - 3.5/5

20) About Me - 5/5

21) Mean Streets - 5/5

22) Kiss The Ring - 3.5/5

just got my copy today in the mail. Heard a lot of the tracks already though. Listened to the album all the way through. There are a bunch of joints that are really ill but the album as a whole is very poorly produced and arranged.

fav tracks
    gihad
    new wu
    walk with me (i got the european version)
    sonny's missing
    ason jones

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    Yeah thats because it was recorded in 2005/2006. I can 99% guarantee you GZA's verse wouldnt been as ill if it was recorded by 2008 Pro Tools GZA
    yeah this is true, but still i think that verse is probably better and more energic than anything on "Grandmasters" too although GZA was stiill dope on that album.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

^ Hearing the original tracks, such as We Will Rob You, Secret Idictment (Black Mozart), New Wu, State Of Grace has definitely got me wondering what the 2005/2006 version sounded like, which was supposed to have Deck n GZA as co-stars.

I didn't like it at first, but now it's at least 8.5 or 9 out of 10.

This album really grows on you.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigga_nigga View Post
    I didn't like it at first, but now it's at least 8.5 or 9 out of 10.

This album really grows on you.
    def grows on you, cuz it takes like 3 or 4 listens til you realize alotta the shit Rae is saying, he paints such ridiculous pictures on almost every line--perfect example, and i been listening to this album for over a week now, i just caught this on Surgical Gloves "Gold tuba from Bermuda in my livingroom spreads"
    not only vivid, but hilarious.....that's Rae

i fucking love this album and i ain't gonna write a full review for an epic like this until it's fully sunk in (and i'm properly blazed)...that'll be soon

Quote Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
    ^ Hearing the original tracks, such as We Will Rob You, Secret Idictment (Black Mozart), New Wu, State Of Grace has definitely got me wondering what the 2005/2006 version sounded like, which was supposed to have Deck n GZA as co-stars.
    u sure that "Secret Indictment" and 'Black Mozart' are the same joint, never thought off that... "Thug World" was also from those sessions and was planned for OB4CL2 too, i found an article from February 2006 where Rae said the album was 98% done.

Veteran Member

"u sure that "Secret Indictment" and 'Black Mozart' are the same joint, never thought off that... "

Pretty sure, Secret Indictment was to be the "next single" after State Of Grace from 2005/2006 Corp Update on CL2. It was originally a Raekwon solo produced by RZA just like SOG, he even mentions the original track title in the beginning of Black Mozart.

"which was supposed to have Deck n GZA as co-stars. "

I really would of been down to hear that version of the album. Having Rollie Fingers & Maximillion as the major co-stars instead of Tony Starks, especially with how GZA was spitting in 05/06 like on We Will Rob You, would of been sick. I mean even not having Tony all over CL2 doesnt bring it down at all and hes on 8 tracks outta 23. Originally Deck was also supposed to be on 6 songs for CL2, he got reduced to 4 and one of the cut songs was Rockstars with GZA so theres another CL2 song out there with his 6th featuring.

^^ "Thug World" is the 6th INS feature i guess.

Relative to recent Wu albums, this is a bangin album. very well done.
    Relative to all Raekwon albums, this is his 2nd best tape.
    Relative to recent music (the Hollow theory) this is one of the best tapes i've heard in years. Not THE best but up there.

Raekwon is my least-liked outta the W embassy. To generalize this as being the epitome of Wu Tang sound and if you don't like this then don't listen to any Wu albums is ridiculous.

NSD is one of my favorite albums. I still spin IRONMAN before ever putting on OB4CL. Rae's style just isn't for me. that doesn't mean i don't give respect where respect is due. i think he's probably the illest LYRICALLY outta the clan but i prefer Meth or GFK.

i think this is a well put together album. Rae doesn't at all sound like he put this album out just because he can or as if he had to. this entire album sounds like he needed this. like he was waiting for this album himself.
    He did a great job and i definitely think music needed this. i hope this vamps other niggas up to actually make that raw shit and not just title their next album Pt. ?? just to push sales (Jay-Z).

i put this on every now and then and the rest of the features came with it as well (save Busta).

i gave it a superior rating.
    this album is bonkers for Rae. Despite the fact i don't care much for his style i always cop his shit but this was definitely worth the purchase.

lol i tried being as fair as i could... i guess i just prefer to watch Drunken Master or Foxy Brown before i feel like watching Scarface.