Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2pac vs Lupe

Quote Originally Posted by James Crow ESQ View Post
    i was gonna put turtle on blast for that then said fuck it.
    but cube wrote dre AND easy's verses.
    how do u expect me to respond to the fact that u said i need to analyze pac lyrics? honestly i apologize for not explaining myself, i just find alot of what ur saying to be absolutely ridiculous, so i get so heated that i say very little. and its funny Energy turtle, because i dont have a reputation for being a dick on this site, but u do...and i think im seeing why now.

Quote Originally Posted by Energy Turtle View Post
    WOW

REALLY?

ICE CUBE WROTE EAZY-E's LYRICS? NO SHIT? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

Like I didn't fucking know that. That still doesn't take away from the fact the Eazy-E has Canibus covered in

Flow
    Delivery
    Mic Presence
    Personality

Eazy E wins this in a first round KO.

Again, you guys just can't come up with legit reasons as to why your fairy backpacker heroes are better than 2Pac or Eazy-E and start resorting to dumb shit like "Lupe raps about abstract moons" and "Ice Cube wrote E's lyrics when he was at NWA."
    this isnt fuckin Miss America, u cant seriously say hes better and u kno what? im gonna do what u did to me and say u arent properly explaining yourself.

^^^lol

personality? really?

eazy-e had a good flow? really? and doesn't it matter that he didn't write his own shit?

i could also say that he made an allegorical concept album that deals with rap cliches...but that def. aint enough proof, or sufficient enough of an example..so y bother? like brother without the r

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Grandmaster View Post
    ur assumption is justified but not true. i didnt create this thread to affirm that i prefered lupe, it had a hidden message whos role was to stir up this discussion we are now into.

and the lyricism aspect was covered by who? all u said was that u feel lyrics count for shit in hip-hop therefore thats the truth and lupe loses and then u asked us to come up with other reasons why 2pac wasnt better.

u basically just disregarded it and demanded us to answer the thread trough ur narrowed view of things.
    I said lyricism wasn't the be all and end all of defining a rapper.

You said Lupe was better - what is your take the? Nothing other than "Oh he has abstract lyricism" or some dumb shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    this isnt fuckin Miss America, u cant seriously say hes better and u kno what? im gonna do what u did to me and say u arent properly explaining yourself.
    I can seriously say he is better and I did and no you can't say what I said to you because I have already outline where I said he was better whereas you just got dumb and cried and started saying "ohhhhh but but you don't have you're own opinion."

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    ^^^lol

personality? really?

eazy-e had a good flow? really? and doesn't it matter that he didn't write his own shit?
    ^^ Mad because I neg repped you about 6 months ago.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

if you actually read the comic you'll see that that don't even happen...in the end blade was gonna inject him wiv sum shit and turn him into a vamp but changed his mind when he recognised him from back in the day. plus fights in comics between heroes never make sense...therefore blade would kill his ass lol

anyway back to topic... and i would say eazy has a sick flow....this therad is funny, its slowly turning into eazy e vs canibus lol

Quote Originally Posted by Energy Turtle View Post
    I said lyricism wasn't the be all and end all of defining a rapper.

You said Lupe was better - what is your take the? Nothing other than "Oh he has abstract lyricism" or some dumb shit.

I can seriously say he is better and I did and no you can't say what I said to you because I have already outline where I said he was better whereas you just got dumb and cried and started saying "ohhhhh but but you don't have you're own opinion."

^^ Mad because I neg repped you about 6 months ago.
    Nail in the coffin...just displayed ur insanity.

Banned

More bullshit from you - you're nothing but "smh" "smfh" "dude eloels" "nail in coffin" still not saying shit to back up your opinion. It has become apparent with you that you're arguing for argument's sake.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

dusk stay out of hip hop shop this place aint 4 u brah

An act of God

Lupe has an average flow and no mic presence.
    His word play is corny and I hate his personna, so 2pac.

An act of God

What difference do lyrics make if you can't execute them? The vocal aspect is most important.

Canibus doesn't have great lyrics most of the time, most of the time he has irrelevant pseudoscientific dribble he babbles on about himself and nothing of interest.

I don't think someone is lyrically dope just because they claim to be complex.
    To be dope is to be good, can you really sit there and say "the killer cobra who will hover over jehova on an axel with sycamore rotors" is terribly relevant or lyrical in regard to everyday life? ...
    What sort of feeling does that strike up? None.

Sure, he has a few lines here and there, but a lot of his shit just does not matter.
    I'm not going to say he's terrible or bad even but for fucks sakes, just because you freestyle well and can rhyme a lot of syllables, that does not make you a fucking lyricist.
    Canibus might be a backpack God, but he is not a lyricist.
    Last Emperor is a lyricist, tragedy Khadafi is a lyricist, Nas is a lyricist, Common is a lyricist.

Canibus is a good rapper, no doubt, but his lyrics are the very thing that get him ignored by most, for that reason his lyrics might actually be his weak point.
    Last edited by Rollo; 08-05-2009 at 03:01 AM.

Banned

lol Rollo just murdered this, close thread.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

1st Degree Drunken Masta dreday99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    What difference do lyrics make if you can't execute them? The vocal aspect is most important.

Canibus doesn't have great lyrics most of the time, most of the time he has irrelevant pseudoscientific dribble he babbles on about himself and nothing of interest.

I don't think someone is lyrically dope just because they claim to be complex.
    To be dope is to be good, can you really sit there and say "the killer cobra who will hover over jehova on an axel with sycamore rotors" is terribly relevant or lyrical in regard to everyday life? ...
    What sort of feeling does that strike up? None.

Sure, he has a few lines here and there, but a lot of his shit just does not matter.
    I'm not going to say he's terrible or bad even but for fucks sakes, just because you freestyle well and can rhyme a lot of syllables, that does not make you a fucking lyricist.
    Canibus might be a backpack God, but he is not a lyricist.
    Last Emperor is a lyricist, tragedy Khadafi is a lyricist, Nas is a lyricist, Common is a lyricist.

Canibus is a good rapper, no doubt, but his lyrics are the very thing that get him ignored by most, for that reason his lyrics might actually be his weak point.

So to your point, would that then be the determining factor for whether or not lyrically canibus is just not good period? sometimes the best artist are the most abstract. would you agree to that? picasso, jimi hendrix, etc. they avoided the norm, and while jimi's pyschadelic interpretation of the star spangled banner was non sensical to some ears, if you took a further listen it turned out to be beautiful.

the same to me can be said to some of the lyrics that don't make sense, but are symbolic and abstract, and also catch the ear. when warcloud raps off beat and says nothing, it's garbage. when warcloud flows like water off a dope beat, it's wonderful and lyrical. when ghostface opens his classic opus talking about: "scientific/ my hand kissed it/ robotic listed/ scotty wotty copper ticked it...." that mumbo jumbo made no sense, even to him! but it was fucking beautiful, described perfect by him when he then stated he was a microphone hippy.

finally, you can't be a great lyricist if you have a ghostwriter, straight up and no question. i'll back that up by using this example. if eazy was a great spitter because he took Cube's words and used his great voice and prescence to make it work, am i then a great writer if i re-write Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet word for word, but I add to it a beautiful font, coloring, on a waterstained paper and stitched leather hard cover? Am I a great poet if I beautifully recite Life Ain't no Crystal Stair? do you understand where i'm going?

just my humble op....
    wherever u go, whatever u do, always remember the W is forever!

Quote Originally Posted by the grandmaster View Post
    i didnt create this thread to affirm that i prefered lupe, it had a hidden message whos role was to stir up this discussion we are now into.
    l
    m
    a
    o

An act of God

Quote Originally Posted by dreday99 View Post
    So to your point, would that then be the determining factor for whether or not lyrically canibus is just not good period?

sometimes the best artist are the most abstract. would you agree to that?
    Canibus is not abstract, he's irrelevant.
    Different does not mean abstract, abstract is a much more complex way of illustrating
    something by enveloping your message in a different form of imagery, usually by distorting your original message by over emphasizing certain things. Slug from atmosphere would be abstract.

picasso, jimi hendrix, etc. they avoided the norm, and while jimi's pyschadelic interpretation of the star spangled banner was non sensical to some ears, if you took a further listen it turned out to be beautiful.

the same to me can be said to some of the lyrics that don't make sense,

First of all, a guitar cannot reveal anything abstract, jimmy hendrix's style is not abstract, just different. Being different alone does not make you abstract imo
    Secondly, bus's lyrics make sense, it's just that a wide majority of them are just bad.

No, it's not that I don't get them, it's simply that they take absolutely no artistic ability to write.
    As I said before, they're dribble..
    but are symbolic and abstract, and also catch the ear. when warcloud raps off beat and says nothing, it's garbage. when warcloud flows like water off a dope beat, it's wonderful and lyrical. when ghostface opens his classic opus talking about: "scientific/ my hand kissed it/ robotic listed/ scotty wotty copper ticked it...." that mumbo jumbo made no sense, even to him! but it was fucking beautiful, described perfect by him when he then stated he was a microphone hippy.
    I don't call that beautiful good sir.
    You and I have two completely different polarizing views on beauty.
    I don't believe in beauty, just the ability to get a certain reaction from the human condition.
    And it really doesn't get that reaction from me.
    Ghostface has done it before, but no not there.
    finally, you can't be a great lyricist if you have a ghostwriter
    WHO THE FUCK SAID E WAS A GREAT LYRICIST?!?!? Stop implying shit I never uttered.
    please... I can't stand it when people do that.

I simply said, if you can't execute your lyrics, it doesn't matter how good they are.
    Rap is spoken not written.
    That's what makes it rap and not simply writing.

You don't have to write lyrics to be a great spitter, just be a great spitter.