Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2pac vs Lupe

FRESH FISH

This shit ain't even debatable but I guess a lot of yall ain't got shit to do so yall come up with krazy shit like this to get a response. There is no lil wayne if Pac doesn't die and the south stays in its place with only the skilled southern rappers surfacing like geto boys and the dungeon family. Ugk and Suave house. Hiphop keeps evolving.

And for all yal that say Pac wasn't lyrical listen to shit like street fame the original version and never had a friend like me. Runnin on e. Pac was going to another level once he got out of his contract with satan but was assassinated before he got a chance to do it. He was about to get on some african spiritual voodoo shit! Lupe can't see pac! He can't even see Grand Puba, Buckshot, Doitall and mr. funky. Treach, Busta Rhymes.....come on mannnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!! What the fuck is going on in this shit. And I'm a miami nigga! What about Cee-lo, Big Boi and 3000?? Yall niggas trippin
    I fear for the 85 that don't got a clue!

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by osiris3000
    And for all yal that say Pac wasn't lyrical listen to shit like street fame the original version and never had a friend like me. Runnin on e. Pac was going to another level once he got out of his contract with satan but was assassinated before he got a chance to do it. He was about to get on some african spiritual voodoo shit! Lupe can't see pac! He can't even see Grand Puba, Buckshot, Doitall and mr. funky. Treach, Busta Rhymes.....come on mannnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!! What the fuck is going on in this shit. And I'm a miami nigga! What about Cee-lo, Big Boi and 3000?? Yall niggas trippin
    great post

ya , another post that pretty much bashed people for using logic as opposed to following tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by osiris3000 View Post
    I guess i'll put my 5 cents in after i've read all 14 pages. Correct me if i'm wrong but the majority of the posters who think lupe is beter than pac are probably under 25. You would be better to compare Lupe to Qtip or Guru. He's inferior to both of them even. He could surpass them if he can drop about 3 more classic albums. Not impossible but a hell of a task. Guru has 5 or 6 depending on who u ask and Tip has the 1st 3 tribe albums.

Lupe's second album is bullshit and only has about 3 good songs. The first one was good and a breath of fresh air in the Post-Pac era. And I say that kuz Pac was like the christ of this shit. It's B.P. before Pac and A.P. After pac.

I didn't fully appreciate this dude until he died cuz I was wu-crazy when he was alive and seen him as lesser than them because I felt like Ice cube scarface and eazy-e had already covered the gangster thing the best way it could be done. (Lupe couldn't stick a toe in the shoes of Scaface or Cube. Both of whom influenced Pac including eazy-e. I'll give you eazy on the strength that cube wrote his shit then mc ren. After that Bone? Kokane? I still think eazy's better personally but....that's me.

Back to the matter
    my knowledge of hip hop goes back farther than your hairline grandpa....

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by osiris3000 View Post
    When Pac dies, Gay-z blows up, Diddy blows up, Master P comes from nowhere and blows up opening the door for cash money.
    AHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAA this is hilarious

so you are saying the whole industry was depending on Pac?
    bring back begongo!!

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

fucking disgusting.

And how could anybody try to compare lupe to tupac?

And how could anybody think that lupe is a better lyracist?

15 pages.

fucking nerds should not be allowed to listen to rap.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    AHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAA this is hilarious

so you are saying the whole industry was depending on Pac?
    if 2pac biggie and pun were living, there simply wouldnt be enough room for diddy and jayz in the rap game ... they wouldn't have allowed it ...

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Biggie wouldn't be in the rap game [at least not so successful] IF PUFFY WASN'T THERE, c'mon that's the logical truth.. as far for saying Jay-Z sux where most of the scene is wacker than him...whatever man

wack rappers existed since the beginning.
    bring back begongo!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDanMuhammad View Post
    fucking disgusting.

And how could anybody try to compare lupe to tupac?

And how could anybody think that lupe is a better lyracist?

15 pages.

fucking nerds should not be allowed to listen to rap.
    this is the reason you guys lose.

John W. Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    i think the intent of the thread was to ask if 2pac is better lyrically, to which i again reply...no. point blank...fuck popularity and influence...Hitler was an influential writer...dont make him a better writer than, shit..Tom Clancy for example.

well said.

i dont like Lupe or Pac. i think Pac is alot better than Lupe, but i liked your reasoning.

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    this is the reason you guys lose.
    Who is "you guys" ?

There is no valid reason that Lupe is a better rapper. There is nothing to debate.

First, what is a "good rapper" ?

I would say that it is mostly subjective, and not only that, there are different qualities or criteria that can make a rapper "good" or "bad".

Lyrics? Are you guys fucking serious?

Yes, Lupe uses bigger words. THat is literally the only thing you can say, and I, personally, don't think that big words make a good rapper.

Pac used lyrics that were simple and poignant, but PERFECT for his wide target audience. He had the ability to connect emotionally with his fans because of his lyrics. His choice of words was always skillful.

ALso, the way he used his lyrics and voice as an instrument that interacted with the beat in different ways was brilliant.

THe quality of a song or piece of writing is ultimately determined by the way the narrative is presented, told, and absorbed by the audience.

I have read plenty of pieces and heard plenty of songs where the writer tries to use interesting language to cover up a lack of heart or substance.

DO you guys really think Lupe's goal was to make music only for nerdy white people who don't really understand the soul of hip-hop music?

SOUL.

FOr me, that is the most important part of ALL musical genres and the leadng factor that draws me to an artist.

Nerds and retards are attracted to pseudo-intellectual soulless bullshit like Warcloud and Immortal Technique.
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

Quote Originally Posted by wera
    wack rappers existed since the beginning.
    nigga ya moms existed from the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDanMuhammad
    Nerds and retards are attracted to pseudo-intellectual soulless bullshit like Warcloud and Immortal Technique.
    now why did u have to go and ruin a damn near flawless post

I would like to bring this back to Eazy-E being a better rapper than Canibus......
    "It should be Criminal what I get away with" Mark Brandon "Chopper" Read

"Is there a sex offender that lives on your street? / Call Chopper Read I'll slaughter him for Free//" Mark Brandon "Chopper" Read

ugh we all know eazy e cannot touch canibus lyrically but i don't know too many niggaz that would rather listen to canibus than eazy e because canibus simply cannot connect like eazy could ... i fucks with canibus tho

FRESH FISH

Speakonitgod thanx 4 speakin on it God! Dusk I'm 31 bruh I aint that old lol! Wera youre 20 bruh you kinda had to live through that era to understand what i'm saying. No disrespect.
    I fear for the 85 that don't got a clue!