Thread: Ghostface on Investigative Reports

Default Ghostface on Investigative Reports

dont really need anything interpreted but he ripped this, this is one of my fav verses from ghost
    Jungle royal life, livin villain
    Packed with visions, copywritten
    Throwin bread to pigeons, Christ has risen, King Elegant
    Slang-Master jackets, expensive noodle hats

i think the first 2 bars are so dope if they mean wut i think they do, talkin about biters (packed with visions, copywritten), if hes using copywritten as a adjective hes sayin that they filled with ghostwritten or bitten verses, shits real dope, i was listenin to this smoked the fuck out n that shit stoof out to me, i dont really understand the 3rd line n i believe the fourth line is supposed to be slang master jack expensive noodle hats.

their was so much other shit i discovered from listenin to this ripped but i forget, if it comes back to me ill post it, the lyrics on liquid swords are real deep for real.

Sometimes I listen to that song just to here that verse. His flow is untouchable on that song.

lol seriously before i listenend to this with the mary jane i thought he was just rambling on rhyming random words n shit but his verse is cohesive i love that verse.

i don't think it has anything to do with biters.
    hes bragging about himself

jungle royal=king of the city(concrete jungle)
    copywritten= exclusive GFK shit. if something is copywritten its original.
    throwing bread to pigeons=spendiing money on chix

Yeah, he's talking about himself. The first line he's saying he's living as a villian in the city, packed with visions/copywritten is about his rap game, throwing bread to pidgeons is about the ladies/christ has risen is to rhyme with copywritten and refers to himself, as does King Elegant, and slang master jackets/expensive noodle hats is what he comes strapped with.

It's pretty much just Ghost mish-mosh at it's best.

ah i see, thanks for clearin that up, but ima apply both translations haha.

This thread http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/arc...p?t-42695.html gives insight into the very shrouded meaning of this verse, specifically this one post:

By hoodlikegaza "I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but the ridiculous explanations for the lyrics of this song were just too sad. Why would you attempt to explain something unless you know it to be right and exact?

Ghost's verse is about something very specific. It's about Clarence 13x, the founder of the 5% nation that was killed in 1969, in what was called then by white people a "Muslim" war in NYC. His reference to feeding pigeons was a reference to Clarence being briefly incarcerated in a mental institution. The reference to shooting craps, was to the fact that Clarence 13x was a self proclaimed "master gambler". The reference to "hangin big niggas" was a reference to the institutionalized racism in Memphis, that had penetrated the fabric of the entire South during the 1960's. You savages should read what the laws were in Memphis, Tennessee concerning punishment for black men prior to 1959 to understand what that means.

Well, all I can say if none of you got the very straight forward meaning of his verse, then I am positive most of you don't understand at least 80% of ALL of the Wu Tang material. Lessons are not something you can learn from a 4 minute song and expect to comprehend a philosophy that these men have spent a life time studying (literally). So outside of you devils actually receiving lessons and building with Gods (good luck with that), I will continue to enjoy watching you all revel in your ignorance.

Peace to the righteous"

I would not have guessed that was what Ghost was talking about. It makes me doubt everything I think I know about Wu lyrics.

^oh shit, nice find man

Quote Originally Posted by specialguy54 View Post
    This thread http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/arc...p?t-42695.html gives insight into the very shrouded meaning of this verse, specifically this one post:

By hoodlikegaza "I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but the ridiculous explanations for the lyrics of this song were just too sad. Why would you attempt to explain something unless you know it to be right and exact?

Ghost's verse is about something very specific. It's about Clarence 13x, the founder of the 5% nation that was killed in 1969, in what was called then by white people a "Muslim" war in NYC. His reference to feeding pigeons was a reference to Clarence being briefly incarcerated in a mental institution. The reference to shooting craps, was to the fact that Clarence 13x was a self proclaimed "master gambler". The reference to "hangin big niggas" was a reference to the institutionalized racism in Memphis, that had penetrated the fabric of the entire South during the 1960's. You savages should read what the laws were in Memphis, Tennessee concerning punishment for black men prior to 1959 to understand what that means.

Well, all I can say if none of you got the very straight forward meaning of his verse, then I am positive most of you don't understand at least 80% of ALL of the Wu Tang material. Lessons are not something you can learn from a 4 minute song and expect to comprehend a philosophy that these men have spent a life time studying (literally). So outside of you devils actually receiving lessons and building with Gods (good luck with that), I will continue to enjoy watching you all revel in your ignorance.

Peace to the righteous"

I would not have guessed that was what Ghost was talking about. It makes me doubt everything I think I know about Wu lyrics.
    "YouknowhatImean?
    (Their poisoned minds can't comprehend this shit)
    Word man, it's Wu-Tang Forever God
    Niggaz can't fuck with these lyrics God
    YouknowhatI'msayin? Knahmean?
    (Oh hell no, none of this shit)
    C'mon man -- beats, lyrics man, y'all niggaz
    (Niggaz can't even understand half this shit)
    Nah (man, no)
    I think niggaz ain't gonna figure it out til the year Two-G"

It's way past the year Two-G wtf?!?!?!
    It's the god, god.

maybe ghostface killah dies.or like disinigrates into thin air and reincarnates as micheal phifers pussy . or maybe ghostface is what it is

Veteran Member

"All too often we take the little Sparrow for granted - small though she may be, she is certainly powerful. It is her slightness in size that gives her advantages. She reminds us we do not have to have the big stuff (cars, houses, etc.) to be important, and we do not have to have the loudest voice in order be heard.

Some keywords/symbolic Sparrow meaning s include:
    Joy
    Inclusion
    Creativity
    Simplicity
    Protection
    Community
    Productivity
    Friendliness

Sparrows derive power and protection from their numbers. Always in a clan, they move in clusters, eat in clusters, and are always content as such. This can be quite intimidating to some would-be predators. Safety in numbers is a lesson the Sparrow has to share with us.

The Sparrow is ever vigilant in her goals. She is always bustling for her food, foraging for her nests, and gathering for her young. Fastidious and productive, the Sparrow is a reminder that idle hands (and idle minds) should be avoided in order to live a full, healthy life.

She is a master of flight, and camouflage, and as such the Sparrow teaches us to use our creativity to get around in life - think outside the box, and be creative in solving our problems.

As an bird totem, the Sparrow speaks of higher thoughts and ideals. She beckons us to keep our burdens as light as we can in order to avoid a heavy heart.

In closing, I can’t wrap up this brief piece on the Sparrow meaning without making mention of the traditional hymn “His Eyes are on the Sparrow.” The tune always runs through my head when I ponder the Sparrow and all her gifts. Here is a paraphrase of the song:

“Why should I feel discouraged? Why should the shadows come? Why should my heart be lonely When I know with Source I am One? I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free, The Eye of Source is on the Sparrow, I know Source watches over me.”

No matter what your spiritual affiliation, this hymn offers a fitting partnership to the symbolism of the Sparrow. The core message reminds us that there is safe-keeping, bounty and beauty for even the tiniest of creations. Ergo, there is ample supply of spiritual abundance for us too."

and the song:

Keep Your Eyes On The Sparrow - Sammy Davis Jr.

They use guns, while we angrily shot arrows
    You better keep your eye on the sparrow

Don't go to bed with no price on your head,
    Don't do it.
    Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

refrain:
    Keep your eye on the sparrow,
    When the going gets narrow.

Don't roll the dice if you can't pay the price,
    Don't do it.
    Don't run your feet down a dead-end street.

refrain

Don't do me dirt or you're gonna get hurt
    Don't do it.
    Don't run away till you hear what I say.

refrain

Ain't gonna fight with no thief in the night
    Won't do it.
    I'm gonna go where the cold wind don't blow.
    refrain
    Last edited by Knowledge God; 11-09-2009 at 08:31 AM.

Veteran Member

^^ Nice post.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoodlikegaza View Post
    I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but the ridiculous explanations for the lyrics of this song were just too sad. Why would you attempt to explain something unless you know it to be right and exact?

Peace to the righteous

^^^^just read this and save your embarassing analysises about sparrows and shit

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    ^^^^just read this and save your embarassing analysises about sparrows and shit
    "they used guns while we angrily shot arrows...You better keep your eye on the sparrow"

his post still counts...