Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "What IS Real?

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

we are animated by the infinite, surrounded by the infinite, yet barred from perceiving it. free will & consciousness, the gift & the curse. how can we account for these things if separation is an illusion? does free will make the energetic network more dynamic?

"as above, so below": the actions of subatomic particles give us a picture of our role in creation. it is a remarkable hologram we are confronted with...nuanced, delicate, houndingly believable. psychic power is just another way of saying that we are all interconnected. it is thus absurd to consider such things as social security numbers...electrons only exist in relation to one another!

so the question is...how to break the matrix? how to apply this knowledge to our experience of the hologram?
    "all your San Franciscos will eventually fall and burn again..." -Jack Kerouac-

personally, i don't believe that we are barred from perceiving the infinite.
    but lets continue,
    what do you mean by "breaking the matix"?
    if the matrix's construction is divine in nature what can one gain by opposing the divine in an effort to destroy it?

polytheistic dogma has often been misconstrued. sometimes the concepts of multiple gods was originally meant to mean many qualities of a single God.

I know that in Islam, Allah has many titles. what has been understood as polytheism is similar in that aspect.

sunny, in the beginning, all there was was the Word. words can describe anything. even no-things.

Quote Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
    I know that in Islam, Allah has many titles. what has been understood as polytheism is similar in that aspect.
    But these 'titles' are His attributes. He has ninety-nine of them; that doesn't mean He is ninety-nine deities.

Peace.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

peace.
    thats exactly my point.
    over time, multiple translations and mishandling could lead an uninitiated person to believe otherwise tho. (99 deities)

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

[QUOTE=WUnded Fox;1783389]personally, i don't believe that we are barred from perceiving the infinite.
    but lets continue,
    what do you mean by "breaking the matix"?
    if the matrix's construction is divine in nature what can one gain by opposing the divine in an effort to destroy it?
    [QUOTE]

i should have made myself more clear because i agree...ultimately we aren't barred from perceiving the infinite. however, the sensory-based hologram or matrix we are participating in naturally cripples our view.
    of course, the matrix is divine in nature. but once one understands, as i think we were intended to, that the matrix is a finite construction, shouldn't one's goal be to break through, to fully realize his divine nature and unify with the true oneness of everything, a state unchecked by physical limitations?

in a word, no.
    life in this dimension is finite. my understanding is that we must live this life while we have it. enjoy it for what what it is realizing that its finite. learn the lessons God teaches us thru the language of EVENTS, and leave this dimension (death) a better place than we found it in.

we can do that by constantly striving to be a better person.
    elevation.evolution.enlightenment.

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

true indeed. this dimension is all about lessons & self-improvement. however my soul is restless...learning about things like interdimensional transportation and nonphysical reality leaves my hunger for knowledge no less insatiable. i need to build a bridge between knowledge and experience.

i see the wisdom in your words but i'm someone who needs confirmation. the mind is intrigued by concepts but will only readjust itself for tangibility. it's been told that physical reality is a hologram, but it hasn't been SHOWN, per se. i just have to break through for the sake of my own evolution and enlightenment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cee Oh Vee View Post
    There are many similarities to Taoism and Sufism, however I am Muslim, and traditional Taoism in Polytheistic; thus taking from it could have detrimental effects upon my development [on the Path].

Peace.
    Sallam akhi, you should definitely read the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu. If you approach it with an open mind, you'll see that it is saying the exact same thing that Islam is saying, only with a few different examples given. Don't think that you're turning your back on Islam or disobeying Allah (SWT) because the bulk of the teaching is about patience, non-action and, "going with the flow". This isn't to say that you should take anyone's trash, because it also speaks against doing so. More like, play defense, not offense. Advance not an inch, rather back up a full mile. Only when absolutely needed do you do any damage.

With this method, you save energy and balance. Even if you are retaliated against, it will probably be something painfully juvenile and comical. You still make your prayers to The One God and follow all other Pillars, you're simply adding to the knowledge that you already have, which ultimately makes you the more well-rounded being. Take my word for it akhi, there is nothing wrong with the principle of Taoism. In fact, go to www.sacred-texts.com and read it there for yourself.

Remember the first thing that Jibril, pbuh, told RasulAllah, pbuh,"Iqra". Take that order and run B.

Sallam
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    Sallam akhi, you should definitely read the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu. If you approach it with an open mind, you'll see that it is saying the exact same thing that Islam is saying, only with a few different examples given. Don't think that you're turning your back on Islam or disobeying Allah (SWT) because the bulk of the teaching is about patience, non-action and, "going with the flow". This isn't to say that you should take anyone's trash, because it also speaks against doing so. More like, play defense, not offense. Advance not an inch, rather back up a full mile. Only when absolutely needed do you do any damage.

With this method, you save energy and balance. Even if you are retaliated against, it will probably be something painfully juvenile and comical. You still make your prayers to The One God and follow all other Pillars, you're simply adding to the knowledge that you already have, which ultimately makes you the more well-rounded being. Take my word for it akhi, there is nothing wrong with the principle of Taoism. In fact, go to www.sacred-texts.com and read it there for yourself.

Remember the first thing that Jibril, pbuh, told RasulAllah, pbuh,"Iqra". Take that order and run B.

Sallam
    As-salamu `alaykum, Sidi.

Although I respect what you're saying; studying these matters without a firm grounding in the Dīn is very dangerous as one should use sound/correct fiqh (jurisprudence) and aqīda (Islamic theology) as a filter for this knowledge as to avoid deviance or innovation of any kind.

Until I have this, I do not need this knowledge. Perhaps you should be careful of what you advise aswell, with all due respect, Sidi.

Ma`a salaam.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

Quote Originally Posted by Cee Oh Vee View Post
    As-salamu `alaykum, Sidi.

Although I respect what you're saying; studying these matters without a firm grounding in the Dīn is very dangerous as one should use sound/correct fiqh (jurisprudence) and aqīda (Islamic theology) as a filter for this knowledge as to avoid deviance or innovation of any kind.

Until I have this, I do not need this knowledge. Perhaps you should be careful of what you advise aswell, with all due respect, Sidi.

Ma`a salaam.
    AlHumdulillah. Masha Allah. Sallam ya akhi.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)