Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers thread

Banned

Giants got no one to catch the ball..that is going to affect them cuz now with Ward gone, they arent as versatile in the backfield.

I dont care how you flip it.....

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Bradshaw is going to be so solid as the #2. Ward isnt even needed

Veteran Member

Yeah Honestly I Wanted Bradshaw To Be The Second Option Even When Ward Was Being So Productive Last Year Pissed Like What The Fuck Put In Bradshaw Fuck Ward. I'm Actually More Excited About That Then Worried. I Am In No Way Shape Or Form Comparing Bradshaw To Barry Sanders I Know He Will Never Be Anything Like him But He Has That Same Ability To Break A Big Run At Anytime He's A Homerun Hitter.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

The only productive news for the Steelers next week is that Ben Roethlisberger and the whole offensive line will be guest hosts of WWE Raw. Maybe the ratings of Raw can help the Steelers get more exposure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    Bradshaw is going to be so solid as the #2. Ward isnt even needed
    U were right about that.

And it appears Steve Smith and Manningham are adequate and then some. I'm trying to get Manningham for John Carlson right now.

Banned

Ward voted NFL's dirtiest player

By Scott Brown, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Thursday, November 5, 2009

Josh McDaniels said Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward is the kind of player around whom franchises are built.
    "He's one of those guys when you say tough, physical football player, his face is probably right there in the dictionary," the Denver Broncos coach said Wednesday.
    Ward's peers say he's synonymous with more than just a physical brand of play, though.
    A panel of 296 NFL players -- less than 18 percent of the players on active rosters -- voted Ward the dirtiest player in the league. The anonymous voting, which was conducted in September, will be printed in this week's edition of Sports Illustrated.

Ward, widely considered the best blocking wide receiver in the game, got 11 percent of the vote, nearly doubling the amount cast for Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth and Dolphins outside linebacker Joey Porter, a former Steelers player.
    "I beat Joey? Wow," Ward said, with a laugh. "How can I be the dirtiest player on the field -- a little, old wideout with no speed? I don't know whether to be happy or mad about it."
    Ward wore a grin as wide as a jack-o'-lantern's as he answered questions following practice yesterday, suggesting he's more amused than anything by the dubious honor.
    The 12-year veteran has routinely dealt with complaints that his physical play sometimes crosses a line. And last March, the NFL enacted what's commonly known as the "Hines Ward Rule," which penalizes the kind of crack-back blocks with which Ward used to break the jaw of Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers last season.
    "I'm not going to change the way I play," said the 33-year-old Ward, who's fifth in the NFL with 602 receiving yards. "If people think I'm dirty, I apologize to them now."
    Several of Ward's teammates said there's no need for the four-time Pro Bowler to apologize for the way he plays the game.
    "By no shape, form or fashion do I consider Hines a dirty person," outside linebacker James Harrison said. "Those must be people who can't take a little bit of a crack-back block. I don't consider it dirty."
    Added free safety Ryan Clark: "Other guys are such pansies now. When I play a guy like (Ward), I vote for that guy to go to the Pro Bowl."
    Ward's reputation offers something of a contrast to all of the work he does away from the field. He was a finalist for the 2008 Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, which is given annually to the player that does the most for charity.
    What surprised Ward and his teammates more than his spot atop the poll for dirtiest player was Troy Polamalu's inclusion in the top 10. The soft-spoken safety is ninth with 3.3 percent of the vote.
    "Our Troy? Wow," Ward said. "Troy being on that list is definitely a shocker."
    Said Polamalu when asked about his supposedly dirty play, "I always do my hair before the game."

^^^^thats fuckin retarded. ward aint a dirty player at all. those faggots are mad cuz ward be blowin up dudes. it part of the game

Banned

roethlisberger has a concussion, charlie batch broke his wrist, now dennis dixon might have to make his first career start against the ravens in baltimore

^^
    Is he good?

Banned

in his career he is 1-1 for 3 yards.

BRIDGEVILLE (AP) — Police say a Pittsburgh-area man told them he kicked a puppy to death because he was upset that the animal wouldn't behave before the start of Sunday's broadcast of the Pittsburgh Steelers game.

Twenty-two-year-old William Woodson, of Bridgeville, remained jailed Monday on a charge of animal cruelty in the 13-week-old pit bull's death.

A witness told Bridgeville police they saw Woodson kicking the dog down the street shortly after 1 p.m., which is when the game began. Police say Woodson was supposed to be walking the dog and, by the time they arrived, the animal was dead.

Police say Woodson didn't like the dog and was upset that his live-in girlfriend bought it.

Banned

yeah, we take her steeler football serious... i know a finger-printer at the county jail. when the steelers lose, they get so busy because guys beat their wives. especially if the steelers lose and don't cover the spread.

Banned

bump. haha

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    ^^
    Is he good?
    Actually watching sporting events allows you to form an opinion on your own.

You might want to look into it.