Thread: Slum Village Continues Tour; Possible Cause Of Baatin's Death Revealed

Default Slum Village Continues Tour; Possible Cause Of Baatin's Death Revealed

Hip-Hop group Slum Village is remaining resilient despite dealing with the sudden death of 35-year-old group member Titus “Baatin” Glover.

Baatin was found dead on Saturday (August 1) on Anglin Street in Detroit.

Police confirmed today (August 2) that the rapper’s death is not being treated as a homicide and there was no trauma found on his body.

While the cause of death has not been released due to pending toxicology reports, a source close to Baatin told AllHipHop.com the rapper may have died from a crack addiction or from complications related to crack cocaine use.

While funeral arrangements have not been set as of press time, a public remembrance is set to take place tonight at 5 E Gallery.

Despite Baatin‘s death, Slum Village took to the stage yesterday during the Rock The Bells Festival at Deer Lake in Vancouver, Canada.

“It's actually quite amazing," Rock The Bells founder Change Weisberg told the Calgary Sun. "I don't know that I'd be on stage right now. I might be back home with the family, but they're committed. It's probably the best thing they could do right now to keep their minds off things."

Cypress Hill has been flown in to give the second Calgary Rock The Bells stop at Shaw Millennium Park a boost of positive energy, as rap fans across the world mourn Baatin’s untimely death.

In addition to Cypress Hill, Nas, Damian Marley, Big Boi, The RZA, Reflection Eternal, Tech N9ne, Slaughterhouse and The Knux will perform today (August 2).
    http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/ar.../21870452.aspx

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Crack huh?

It reminds of of his line Raise it Up:

you just learning to roll the blunt (huh)
    Been there, done that
    Im on that other shit

hmmmmmmm

He was always my favorite outta that group though.

^Same here man.
    I'm not really surprised he was on some kind of drug. I hope they don't try to put Illa J in slum v.

The perfect SV lineup would be Dilla, Elzhi & Baatin.. T3 is kind of like a weaker mixture of Elzhi & Baatin, not the same amount of charisma as Baatin, nor the same lyrical skill Elzhi possess.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

^^yeah i see what u sayin but t3 is the one that keot them all together.

RZA's fav dealer's dealer Vicious's Avatar

i thought everyone alredy knew that baatin died from being a crazy old crack head