Thread: As High As Wu-Tang Get-GZA's verse

Default As High As Wu-Tang Get-GZA's verse

One of GZA's finest verses, my favorite line is "You can't flow, must be the speech impediment you got lost off the snare of impeach the president>"

I got to thinking is that a playful diss of RZA? He's been criticized for his flow and has a speech impediment (anyone who doubts how bad it is check out the Delirium video with GZA and Bill Murray.) The line before this one in the song mentions him too ("8 diagrams sword swinging armored tang force, RZA throw on the disc but then change the bank source.")

Just wondering.

Ruler of the Solar Realm Sun Supreme's Avatar

I dont think so. I think it's a general diss of wack rhymers.
    Call me Sun cuz I shine like 1!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also don't think so, they're cousins man! And 2 of the very first members of the wu.
    I read the wu-tang manual and RZA talks about how much time they spend together when they was young and what they did and things like that.
    I really can't imagine that GZA disses RZA in any track and especially not in one from their most successful album.

But just my opinion.

PEACE
    Not many last in the game , Wu-Tang comin through breaking out the same way we came. This is not an act , this is actual fact , nothing but experience placed upon the tracks.

Yeh, i definately don't think its a diss towards RZA but what does the line mean...and what does "8 diagrams sword swinging armored tang force, RZA throw on the disc but then change the bank source."" mean?..i dont get the "rza throw on the disc but then change the bank source" bit.
    It's the god, god.

yeah I think it is a diss in a way , whether he mean`t it or not is another topic ???

peace be with you !

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjustice View Post
    I also don't think so, they're cousins man!
    So?

Never cussed out family in a friendly manner?

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grt05 View Post
    Yeh, i definately don't think its a diss towards RZA but what does the line mean...and what does "8 diagrams sword swinging armored tang force, RZA throw on the disc but then change the bank source."" mean?..i dont get the "rza throw on the disc but then change the bank source" bit.
    A bank source is a term used on production equipment like on the ASR10 and MPC (rza's tools at the time). A bank is a collection of sounds thats stored on a disc (normally floppy).

And btw these threads talking about "subliminal disses" at fellow wu tang members need to stop, its getting ridiculous.

85 %ER

if it is referring to the rza, it's probably about the irony of what other people said about his flow, and look at him now type shit or something
    sittin sideways, boys in a daze

Father of Brooklyn

^ i could agree with you

but i think he's talkin about some wack emcee that tried rhymin to RZA's beats and then Rza changed the bank source and couldnt flow after that but i truly dont know